KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams

Beam me up
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Eye-beams 45 60.81%
Hand-beams 29 39.19%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
At least you can aim backwards with your hands....

What if someone lifts you up by the neck? If they get you with a bearhug from behind you can fire down at their by moving your hands. Not to mention twice the fire rate.
you can use your omegas to shoot them from behind. smile

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:53 PM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by fangirl101

Naw dumbass, only Darkseid has the Omega beams.

Read up on DC friend smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Last edited by Kris Blaze on May 20th, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:54 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by fangirl101
something about this just...... sick sick sick sad ......sick

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:58 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

At least you can aim backwards with your hands....

What if someone lifts you up by the neck? If they get you with a bearhug from behind you can fire down at their by moving your hands. Not to mention twice the fire rate.

Good point!
Man do I feel stupid.

So both have plus and minuses. I would choose the handbeams now. But I will practice like hell on my aim.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:17 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Naw dumbass, only Darkseid has the Omega beams.

Read up on DC friend smile

laughing

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:19 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Handblast.

A glowing fist would mean I can hit somebody with a Sho-ryu-ken in the club parking lot after the club lets out.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:22 AM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

you need super-jumping for the full effect.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:40 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by psycho gundam
you need super-jumping for the full effect.

You could use the other hand to blast the ground and propel you.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:44 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by h1a8
Good point!
Man do I feel stupid.

So both have plus and minuses. I would choose the handbeams now. But I will practice like hell on my aim.
You could shoot out of your fingers for a more accurate beam.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:53 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

or you could just eye-beam him to win and take his girlfiriend, but i'm betting if your eyes glow in a club you don't have to worry about the common parking lot showdowns to begin with....haters will respect you for the simple fact you could microwave them with a glance.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:55 AM
Mindset

I'd rather be able to shoot beams out my ass.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 21st, 2008 05:56 AM
deadspeak25
Bugs Bunny Always Wins

Eye beams without a doubt.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 07:01 AM
deadspeak25 is currently offline Click here to Send deadspeak25 a Private Message Find more posts by deadspeak25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Mindset
I'd rather be able to shoot beams out my ass.

oh you can with this:

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/source.html

and some moron who had the gall to try some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTKlKy4LPI

7.1 million on the scoville scale, the beam from your ass will turn you into the saturn V rocket.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 07:08 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Hand beams are more versatile and slightly more intimidating.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 07:09 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Some pros and cons...

Hand beams: you point your hands down at the ground and fire maximum burst to get super-jump and flight powers.

Eye beams: you point your eyes at the ground and fire maximum burst and you blow your feet off and get whiplash.

Hand beams: you can give people you don't like super-hot handshakes and they don't know wtf is going on.

Eye beams: let out a carefully timed burst to give your headbutt that extra boost during a fight.

Hand beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and safely fire back while staying behind cover.

Eye beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and stay there, because if you try shooting back you'll get shot in the head.

Hand beams: during a fight at night in the dark, move your arms around and use just one fist at a time to confuse your enemy as to exactly where you are.

Eye beams: during a fight at night in the dark, fire your eyebeams to let the enemy know exactly where to shoot to take the headshot.

Hand beams: you fire up your glowing hands and can pick up hot frypans with your bare hands.

Hand beams: you walk around with your coffee mug in your hand keeping it nice and warm, while the eye-beam guy's coffee gets cold unless he keeps staring at it.

Hand beams: during winter you make roasted almonds and popcorn in your hands.

Eye beams: you try to make roasted almonds and popcorn in your hands but you just burn your hands.

Eye beams: you are blasting something with your eye-beams when a friend walks up and says "hello". Instinctively you turn around to answer and blow their head clean off. You are arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 12:42 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Originally posted by basilisk
Some pros and cons...

Hand beams: you point your hands down at the ground and fire maximum burst to get super-jump and flight powers.

Eye beams: you point your eyes at the ground and fire maximum burst and you blow your feet off and get whiplash.

Hand beams: you can give people you don't like super-hot handshakes and they don't know wtf is going on.

Eye beams: let out a carefully timed burst to give your headbutt that extra boost during a fight.

Hand beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and safely fire back while staying behind cover.

Eye beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and stay there, because if you try shooting back you'll get shot in the head.

Hand beams: during a fight at night in the dark, move your arms around and use just one fist at a time to confuse your enemy as to exactly where you are.

Eye beams: during a fight at night in the dark, fire your eyebeams to let the enemy know exactly where to shoot to take the headshot.

Hand beams: you fire up your glowing hands and can pick up hot frypans with your bare hands.

Hand beams: you walk around with your coffee mug in your hand keeping it nice and warm, while the eye-beam guy's coffee gets cold unless he keeps staring at it.

Eye beams: you try to make roasted almonds and popcorn in your hands but you just burn your hands.

Eye beams: you are blasting something with your eye-beams when a friend walks up and says "hello". Instinctively you turn around to answer and blow their head clean off. You are arrested and charged with manslaughter.

laughing laughing laughing

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:07 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

EBs ftw

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:21 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redhotrash

Eye beams I think would normally be a lot more useful. When robbing a bank for example, you could carry the money AND be able to fend off the police with your eyes. Also they would be handy if you were restrained. Anyway you look at it, eyebeams are more versatile because they still allow you the use of both hands.
The only downside really is how fragile the eye is. 50% of your power could be taken by a stray shot from a Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model BB gun with a compass in the stock.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 06:16 PM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by basilisk
Some pros and cons...

with eye beams you can look and cook at the same time.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 06:28 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by redhotrash
Eye beams I think would normally be a lot more useful. When robbing a bank for example, you could carry the money AND be able to fend off the police with your eyes. Also they would be handy if you were restrained. Anyway you look at it, eyebeams are more versatile because they still allow you the use of both hands.
The only downside really is how fragile the eye is. 50% of your power could be taken by a stray shot from a Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model BB gun with a compass in the stock.

Here are the pros and cons

1. Hand beams allow you to shoot in multiple directions simultaneously (like in front and back at the same time).

2. Hand beams allow you take cover better while fighting.

3. Eye beams are much accurate (if you can see the target then you will hit the target)

4. Eye beams come out faster (One can possibly get shot before they raise their hands to shoot hand beams).

With that said, Hand beams are better when fighting the government (tanks and police) and eye beams are better when defending yourself against a single opponent pointing a gun at you.

I would take handbeams for the above reason.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 06:35 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote