KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams

Beam me up
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Eye-beams 45 60.81%
Hand-beams 29 39.19%
Total: 74 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by shiv
x-men 112. The on panel feats and author narrative and dialogue are explicit.

where?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 12:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Hand beams. You can fire fine point beams with a finger, wide beams with an open palm, more focused beams with a fist, fire in opposite directions at multiple targets without having to turn your head and loose focus on someone you're chasing, and don't have the hindrance of only being able to fire on something that is in line of sight.

Hand beams.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 03:33 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Illuminati
The true owner of the IG

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Eye beams.

"Get off my lawn."

That's a lawn?

Hand beams FTR.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 04:26 AM
The Illuminati is currently offline Click here to Send The Illuminati a Private Message Find more posts by The Illuminati Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Handbeams.

Much more entertainment value.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 05:29 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Originally posted by Raoul
where?

Genosha

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 09:52 AM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadervason
rapist of machines

This is like Eradicator/Surfer vs Superman/Cyclops

Eyebeams FTW

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 12:39 PM
jadervason is currently offline Click here to Send jadervason a Private Message Find more posts by jadervason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by redhotrash
Eye beams I think would normally be a lot more useful. When robbing a bank for example, you could carry the money AND be able to fend off the police with your eyes. Also they would be handy if you were restrained. Anyway you look at it, eyebeams are more versatile because they still allow you the use of both hands.
The only downside really is how fragile the eye is. 50% of your power could be taken by a stray shot from a Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model BB gun with a compass in the stock.

You win the thread.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 01:50 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
You win the thread.

Yes there are certain advantages to eyebeams but can you imageine what it would like fighting multiple opponents or trying to hit a fast moving targets.......vertigo.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 02:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadervason
rapist of machines

Eyebeams. If you can see it, you can kill it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 02:04 PM
jadervason is currently offline Click here to Send jadervason a Private Message Find more posts by jadervason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Eye Beams.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 02:45 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

duel pistols and eye beams, lead pipe and an ax + eye beams, climbing a ladder + eye beams etc. get the point?

we have hand weapons already, hand beams are kind of redundant.
with eye beams you can at least have three weapons on you.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 03:05 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by jadervason
Eyebeams. If you can see it, you can kill it.

Yeah imagine trying to hit Spiderman. no expression

Originally posted by psycho gundam

we have hand weapons already, hand beams are kind of redundant.
with eye beams you can at least have three weapons on you.

Hand beams an be used in close combat and ranged combat. With hand beams you dont have to pull a trigger and they are not redundant if your handbeams are more powerful.....oh yeah pistols an be taken off you.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 03:08 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thats why the eye beams are more useful, to ensure you always have more weapons available at any given moment.

two weapons + hand beams gives you 4 weapons in quantity but ony two are available, two weapons + eye beams gives you a total of 3 and all are usable if need be.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 03:42 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by shiv
Genosha

no, i mean, i have the comic, i read it... and i don't see him manipulating his blast...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 04:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Ohhh yeah I'm gonna have to go with handbeams now... I have contacts and i'm sure if i tried to use my i beams with contacts i just have melted plastic stuck to my eye balls.... yeah yea... Handbeams! Are we assuming we get these powers in the real world or if we were comics? ANyway i should have to worry about real life spidermen. I mean if you could generate enough enevr out of your hands would we be able to acquire lift offf?

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 05:56 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

no, i mean, i have the comic, i read it... and i don't see him manipulating his blast...

I think he means when Cyke split the beam to hit both Random and Blob(?) that were around the corner.

I thought it was more of a, the beams hit the wall in such a way to cause the beam to split and ricochet or just that it was two beams(one from each eye) and he just ricocheted them in different directions.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 06:04 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Silent Master
I think he means when Cyke split the beam to hit both Random and Blob(?) that were around the corner.

I thought it was more of a, the beams hit the wall in such a way to cause the beam to split and ricochet or just that it was two beams(one from each eye) and he just ricocheted them in different directions.

as far as i could see it, he used one beam that rebounded twice, and was wide enough to hit both men... but maybe its just me...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 06:10 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by psycho gundam
thats why the eye beams are more useful, to ensure you always have more weapons available at any given moment.

two weapons + hand beams gives you 4 weapons in quantity but ony two are available, two weapons + eye beams gives you a total of 3 and all are usable if need be.

No sorry the logic does not work because you are giving one example where eybeams would be better but overall hands would be better. Despite this fact most of the time your hands would probably be free and that still does not change the fact that it would be easier to aim and you can aim in more than one direction.

Imagine having to shoot lots of targets or fast targets with eyebeams it would be much more stressful and disorientating.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 07:05 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

as far as i could see it, he used one beam that rebounded twice, and was wide enough to hit both men... but maybe its just me...

El sexo sees what El sexo wishes was true.

El sexo is wrong.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 07:12 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 07:17 PM