KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Kingpin

Respect The Kingpin
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ah, Silver Age Kingpin...guy who was above Spider-Man in strength and could take down Cap. Those were the times...

Indeed. Reading through all my old Spidey comics, I gained an incredible amount of respect for him.

Originally posted by jrodslam
Dammit. Wasnt there already a Knigpin Respect thread? I know there was but the search function is trash. Arrrggg. Ill try to see what i can dig up.

Maybe, but mine's better.

stick out tongue

Anyway, thanks for all the additions jrod.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 12th, 2007 08:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Here Kingpin shows his asility and jumps from a chopper to the Statue of Liberty. Notice how when KP comes through the opening, he bent/broke the metal that was inbetween the spaces to fit. It was intact when he first got to it.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 03:12 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 03:13 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Holy crap....totally sweet stuff!

Though I suppose stalemating Batman is actually a poor showing for him ( stick out tongue to all Batman fans).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2007 03:20 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 09:14 PM
jrodslam

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 09:21 PM
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Kingpin vs. The Red Skull

(please log in to view the image)

Wow. Kingpin is the human answer to Thanos.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Holy crap....totally sweet stuff!

Though I suppose stalemating Batman is actually a poor showing for him ( stick out tongue to all Batman fans).

I like how Kingpin got away there at the end. Makes me want to see more Batman and Kingpin! eek!

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:10 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

"human answer to Thanos." thumb up laughing Excellent description Ash.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 08:48 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Even though this is a pretty old thread I thought I'd contribute something that had been mentioned but not posted. In Daredevil: Born Again, Matt Murdock goes to exact revenge on Fisk for effectively taking his life away. Despite the fact that Murdock was evidently not in his right mind at the time of the fight, it is still a good showing for the Kingpin. He withstands some vicious blows from Matt, and then takes him out.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5158/mattfiskjv5.jpg
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/546/mattfisk2ny6.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...attownedsq1.jpg

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 12:47 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
noumenon
Boss

Anyone have a guess as to how much KingPin's empire was worth financially at it's best? I'd probably say low billions or high millions.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 12:42 PM
noumenon is currently offline Click here to Send noumenon a Private Message Find more posts by noumenon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Ouch! Its like I could feel those last panels. sad

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 01:53 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 11:40 AM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Lol ive got that issue, i was hoping that would never surface. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 01:34 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoulDevourer
M0DERAT0R

wait one...so Kingpin DOES have superhuman strength? huh up to now it was implied he only had peak human strenght

so Kingpin is a mutant then? what are his other powers ? (aside superstrength)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 01:34 AM
SoulDevourer is currently offline Click here to Send SoulDevourer a Private Message Find more posts by SoulDevourer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
wait one...so Kingpin DOES have superhuman strength? huh up to now it was implied he only had peak human strenght

so Kingpin is a mutant then? what are his other powers ? (aside superstrength)

With KP it's about eras. Technically, all of his feats are in continuity, but he's currently written FAR below the power levels that he used to have. There's no clear distinction between current KP and "classic" KP, but it happened some time in the late 80's or early 90's, when writers stopped writing him as a brawler and made him more of a schemer.

So currently, no, he's nowhere near superhuman. Peak human, perhaps. But he's just a buff crime boss. Classic Kingpin, however, was indeed both peak human and beyond. Physically overpowering Spider-Man in any era is at least a Class 10 feat.

Detractors like to say that Spidey didn't have defined strength levels in his early years, but he had feats that could be considered not just Cl. 10 but Class 50+ as early as ASM #33, well before KP's first appearance, so that excuse is a poor one, and also doesn't account for Fisk handing Cap, DD, Punisher, etc. etc. their asses as well, and things like bending steel.

So he's not a mutant. He's just a freakishly powerful human. Doesn't make sense? Welcome to comics. But that's only for classic KP. Current KP would get whupped by any high or mid street-leveler, most likely.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:20 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Digi

So he's not a mutant. He's just a freakishly powerful human. Doesn't make sense?

Yeah it does, hes an extraordinary human, ts kinda how Emma explained how Reed could do what he does and still not be a mutant.

Its kinda like how some humans have photographic memory or are savantes, except KP has strength.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:24 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

If I had a scanner that worked I'd scan his new handbook bio. It says he has peak human strength. It also says that the reason he was able to hang with Spiderman was because Spidey always held back when taking on non superpowred beings for fear of taking a human life and the fact that Kingpin used his skills and agility also.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:24 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by snoopdogg
If I had a scanner that worked I'd scan his new handbook bio. It says he has peak human strength. It also says that the reason he was able to hang with Spiderman was because Spidey always held back when taking on non superpowred beings for fear of taking a human life and the fact that Kingpin used his skills and agility also.

Ok but apparently Spiderman did ask KP if he was a mutant.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:26 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by snoopdogg

Could you take a photo?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Last edited by Digi on Jan 16th, 2009 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 09:39 PM