KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » You know your a comic book geek when.......

You know your a comic book geek when.......
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NoFate007
You know you're a comic book geek when:

--Not only do you know what PIS and CIS stand for, but you know the difference.

--You pick up issues after saying you dislike the writer and the story altogether.

--You start noticing all of the times you run into the number 52.

--When someone says "He's a dick", you immediately think of Tony Stark.

--You find yourself amused by threads like this and decide to participate.

laughing out loud

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:48 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by NoFate007
You know you're a comic book geek when:

--Not only do you know what PIS and CIS stand for, but you know the difference.

check...

quote:
--You pick up issues after saying you dislike the writer and the story altogether.

uncanny x-men...

quote:
--You start noticing all of the times you run into the number 52.

the latest Legion... and a couple of times at work...

quote:
--When someone says "He's a dick", you immediately think of Tony Stark.

No actually... i must be the minority...

quote:
--You find yourself amused by threads like this and decide to participate.

yes

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

You know you're a comic geek when:

Whenether you're in church all you can think of is Jesus pounding on greek gods.

Ah that was badass, if only Jesus was more like that.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 09:15 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Bumping the old thread to ask a question....

...How many of you guys still use the term ‘TEC when referring to Detective Comics?

wink

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 02:08 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by Priest
You know when ur a comic book geek when u try to explain to a friend (that dosent read comics) why The Silver Surfer can kick Superman's ass.

you know your a comic book geek, when you can explain to a guy who says he knows about comic books, how superman kicks the silver's surfer's ass stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 02:12 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

When you call the heros/villians by their real names

Sig done by me.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 02:42 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

You know you're a comic book geek when you get fed up of listening to your friends rambling at the battle of Marathon being after the events of 300, because you've already ready the Frank Miller series and know that Dilios told the soldiers the story of Marathon to cheer them up.

You also know you're a comic book geek when you realise you care more about the fact you're missing the Spiderman 3 trailer than the fact your friend knows aboslutely nothing about potentially the most important battle ever.

erm, was a fun day.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 02:50 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by endrict
When you call the heros/villians by their real names

lol, I only do that with Superman, I call him Cark, and Nightcrawler, I address as Kurt lol

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 02:50 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I knew I was a comic geek when my friend mentioned Batman and Robin and i said "Which Robin, the cool one who became Nightwing, the one who died and came back, the latest one or the girl who died."

After he gave me a funny look I decided not to mention the one from the Dark Knight Returns yes

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:16 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by Redatom65
lol, I only do that with Superman, I call him Cark, and Nightcrawler, I address as Kurt lol

Ha! ur not a comic book geek, u dont evenknow how to spell Superman name.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:19 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Yup! Learn how to spell Clurk Kunt correctly n00b!

Sig by Inhuman

Last edited by Bad Ash231 on Apr 21st, 2007 at 03:23 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:21 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Ha! ur not a comic book geek, u dont evenknow how to spell Superman name.

I'm on a different computer where the "l" constantly sticks...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:23 PM
Priest

Originally posted by Redatom65
I'm on a different computer where the "l" constantly sticks...

In that case u should of used Kon El is stead of Cark...oh wait that wont work either stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 03:26 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

You know that you're a comic book geek when you end up like this, the picture speaks for itself.
(please log in to view the image)

-or possibly like this (cosplayer)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 05:03 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Gotta love Jeff Albertson...uh oh...tack "Simpsons Geek" onto my record.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 07:59 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

When you assault your friends for removing rare comics from their board'n'bags.

When you get excessively angry at people critiquing movies like X-Men and Spider-man on what they call 'comic knowledge', that is really nothing more than the early 90s cartoons.

When you quote comic characters in regular conversation.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 08:29 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mobra
Harold of Galactus

. . .you respond to this thread.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 02:59 AM
Mobra is currently offline Click here to Send Mobra a Private Message Find more posts by Mobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

When you describe a friends personality based on those of comic characters.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 03:05 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

you know you're a comic book geek when you know that in Xmen TAS they reused the same cels in episode 6 and 63 when they showed sabretooth going on a rampage in the streets and was actually strong enuff to bench press a car over his head and throw it a hundred feet in the air at a news helicopter...then in 63 he did the same thing but he was possessed by the phalanx and they interspersed the old footage with him phalanx covered

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 04:02 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

You know when ur a comic book geek when u try to explain to a friend (that dosent read comics) why The Silver Surfer can kick Superman's ass.
I did that a few weeks back when I went to the movies. laughing (We were looking at that F4 poster).

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Last edited by Tha C-Master on Apr 22nd, 2007 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 05:58 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote