KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » You know your a comic book geek when.......

You know your a comic book geek when.......
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know you're a comic geek when you went to see Xmen3 and you were the only one in the theatre who got the reference AND cheered when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!".

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:22 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
You know you're a comic geek when you went to see Xmen3 and you were the only one in the theatre who got the reference AND cheered when Juggernaut said "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!".

laughing You know you're a comic book geek when: you cried when Jack Kirby died. true story.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:37 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing You know you're a comic book geek when: you cried when Jack Kirby died. true story.

I am a comic geek. Thor #150 is the issue

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:53 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by long pig
You know you're a geek when you had to explain to everyone that Juggernaut isn't a mutant.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 12:23 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

when you tell people stan lee is your hero.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 04:03 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

When you watch Stan Lee on the premiere of Identity with your uncle and grandmother and want to ***** slap the hoe on TV that had to use a life line to guess who he was.

Then only my uncle knew and he said that was only because he knew Spiderman was really old and Stan Lee was the only guy old enough to have made him.

I went on a hell of a rant that day! mad

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 05:07 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
You know you're a geek when you had to explain to everyone that Juggernaut isn't a mutant.
I'm guilty

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 05:40 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by manjaro
you know you're a comic book geek when you know that in Xmen TAS they reused the same cels in episode 6 and 63 when they showed sabretooth going on a rampage in the streets and was actually strong enuff to bench press a car over his head and throw it a hundred feet in the air at a news helicopter...then in 63 he did the same thing but he was possessed by the phalanx and they interspersed the old footage with him phalanx covered
Remember that stock footage. I thought I was the only one. Anyone notice during the Phoenix saga, the artist drew Wolverine with six claws on one hand. The worst mistake I can remember was the episode with Apocalypse. They actually had Professor X walking for two scenes and then he appeared in a wheel chair three scenes later.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 05:45 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by Big Sexy
The worst mistake I can remember was the episode with Apocalypse. They actually had Professor X walking for two scenes and then he appeared in a wheel chair three scenes later.

I think you're talking about Beyond Good & Evil part 4.

At the end, Xavier is standing next Magneto and talking to him. Although he's not in a wheel chair later three scenes later, as the episode ends with Cable.

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:25 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Evil_Ash

At the end, Xavier is standing next Magneto and talking to him. Although he's not in a wheel chair later three scenes later, as the episode ends with Cable.

Yes. My cousin and I were laughing when we saw that.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 07:11 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Evil_Ash

You know you're a comic geek when not only do you remember the name of an Xmen episode from the 90s based on a few details but you also happen to have a picture of it.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 07:17 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You know you're a comic geek when not only do you remember the name of an Xmen episode from the 90s based on a few details but you also happen to have a picture of it.

I got it from Marvel Animation.

Sig by Inhuman

Last edited by Bad Ash231 on Apr 22nd, 2007 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 07:24 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

You know your a comic book geek when...............

you try to open a stiff ass jar of pickels and say "Hera...give me strength!"

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 02:59 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
You know your a comic book geek when...............

you try to open a stiff ass jar of pickels and say "Hera...give me strength!"

laughing

"BY ODIN'S BEARD!!!!"

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:04 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

... "me time" entails paper-cuts...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:12 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by pr1983
i had one of those surfer superman moments not so long ago... i had mentioned i was in a tourney, and when i said superman, she said 'well nobody can beat superman'

bless her heart...

but yeah, i told her the truth...

I lol'd.

I have a friend who doesn't read comics but loves the Green Lantern, and she knows I enter tourneys. She always tells me to pick GL (she thinks there's only 1) because "all he needs is willpower and he can beat anyone". I don't have the heart to tell her it isn't that simple.

She's also convinced they have highlevel matter manipulation skills, both on themselves and others. I corrected her, but she refuses to believe me and thinks that, say, Kyle could just turn himself into a teapot if he wanted to.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
... "me time" entails paper-cuts...
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:47 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

"Stiff ass jar of pickels..." Am I the only one that found that somewhat erotic?

You know you're a....when you can argue that Spider-Man would defeat Optimus Prime to a group of non-comic fans. And they believe you.

True story.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 05:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by DigiMark007
"Stiff ass jar of pickels..." Am I the only one that found that somewhat erotic?

You know you're a....when you can argue that Spider-Man would defeat Optimus Prime to a group of non-comic fans. And they believe you.

True story.

What did you tell them?

you know your a comic book geek when you know what issue Spider-man guest starred in the transformers comic book...........#3

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 07:58 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I lol'd.

I have a friend who doesn't read comics but loves the Green Lantern, and she knows I enter tourneys. She always tells me to pick GL (she thinks there's only 1) because "all he needs is willpower and he can beat anyone". I don't have the heart to tell her it isn't that simple.

She's also convinced they have highlevel matter manipulation skills, both on themselves and others. I corrected her, but she refuses to believe me and thinks that, say, Kyle could just turn himself into a teapot if he wanted to.

aww... women...

True story.

laughing out loud

you know you're a comic book geek when you can relate actual events in your life to issues of comics...

i actually said to a friend one day re: a girl i know "she's my madeline pryor..."

and he got the reference... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 08:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote