KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How the hell does Superman store So much energy ?

How the hell does Superman store So much energy ?
Started by: Donkey Punch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
Yellow sunlight causes Superman's atoms to vibrate slightly out of phase with the rest of the universe. This, in turn, slightly uncoils compactified dimensions (discussed in unfication theories), thus releasing enormous amounts of energy.

And now, for my next trick...

Love it, although it kind of Sounds like the Sentry.

What about this one .....

His mitochondria/Chloroplast work below the quantum level meaning he doesn't only absorb sunlight from our sun but the Billions of other suns predicted by Edward Schroedinger 'many worlds theory', simultaneously. smile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:57 PM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Donkey Punch
IMO, hyper Dimensions would explain A lot of his powers; including flight. He has hyper dimensional limbs that work in the same sense as our limbs do, except they only work in higher Dimensions. As a consequence we see what looks like flying, but he's really just being 'dragged' across the traditional 3 Dimensions.

Super strength; Our muscle cells work as levers working in three dimensions. Imagine the power of a Hyper Dimensional lever. I cant even begin to imagine how much extra power it would yield .

Invulnerability; Tensile strength is based on molecular density, Imagine how much more molecular bonds one would be able to create, when the his organelle and cell structures stretch into higher Dimensions. And with the immense amounts of mass he is able to store in this Hyper Dimension with ought effecting weight, one can replace molecules as quickly as they brake.

Super senses; His ear drum membrane can be moved, via a higher dimension to the place where the noise is occurring, and he can look through objects by observing via a higher Dimension where the laws of light become different.

Energy Absorption; As mentioned previously light doesn't act in the same way in higher Dimensions, so the problem of energy Absorption is solved. Instead of absorbing light in the traditional £ Dimensional way, he is able to absorb it via extra Dimensions. In turn he can absorb A lot more energy.

Kryptonite. Maybe kryptonian radiation doesn't effect humans, because It only effects extra dimensional objects. Hence when exposed to Kryptonite, his link to the hyper dimensional structure is removed and he becomes human.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:59 PM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Love it, although it kind of Sounds like the Sentry.

Yeah, I know... evil face

What about this one .....

His mitochondria/Chloroplast work below the quantum level meaning he doesn't only absorb sunlight from our sun but the Billions of other suns predicted by Edward Schroedinger 'many worlds theory', simultaneously. smile

What I like about that one is that the implications for Superman's true supernature would be mind-bottling.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:51 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindship
Yeah, I know... evil face

What I like about that one is that the implications for Superman's true supernature would be mind-bottling.

It wouldn't solve the enrgy storage problem though ! smile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I know my friend, but u aren't being very helpful. You sound like a G.C.S.E level student telling his Quantum physics teacher that his theories doesn't really matter because It wont ever effect him. smile

My point was meant to be, what makes you think Superman stores energy in the first place? Seeing how his strengths are determined by gravity, what makes you believe that he stores energy instead of just absorbing it? Kind of like the way our bodies get vitamin D from the sun, just on a massive scale. I dont know, i stopped trying to relate science to comics anymore, just because the writers decide there powers with no consistancy what so ever. Superman gets knocked out by a rocket, but can fly through the sun.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
My point was meant to be, what makes you think Superman stores energy in the first place? Seeing how his strengths are determined by gravity, what makes you believe that he stores energy instead of just absorbing it? Kind of like the way our bodies get vitamin D from the sun, just on a massive scale. I dont know, i stopped trying to relate science to comics anymore, just because the writers decide there powers with no consistancy what so ever. Superman gets knocked out by a rocket, but can fly through the sun.

Its always cool to speculate though. smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 12:16 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Except that Kryptonite radiation does affect humans, it just takes much longer. For example Lex Luthor.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 02:34 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

what happend to lex luthor? and red kryptonite

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 08:41 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

He got cancer IIRC

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 08:42 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Its always cool to speculate though. smile

I wasnt trying to tear away the fun. Just trying to make my point known as best as i can (cuase when the sun sets im not very bright)

But i do shine from time to time eek!

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 24th, 2007 at 08:46 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 08:43 AM
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

I've been saying this about comics and science, as well as Vs. Debates for months. It's all down to the writers and the story being told.

Good Post!!

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 04:09 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

This site was very Informative,

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/...0&tstart=60

Maybe Superman is able to process mass from the air like plants do with CO2, and then convert it into pure energy via cold fusion. The yellow sunlight acts as a catalyst for this process like photosynthesis. To perform the feats he regularly performs he'd have to have a mass on par with the Vision i.e. nearly a 100 tons, but his ability to defy Gravity would explain why other people don't really notice this. smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 04:25 PM
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flame On!!
I've been saying this about comics and science, as well as Vs. Debates for months. It's all down to the writers and the story being told.

Good Post!!

-FO!!

Oh yeah becasue you have never debated the pseudo science of Superman. smile

The double standards in this forum.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 04:27 PM
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any one heard anything about this before .....

'As noted, the light of a yellow sun and a red one are not very different, and it is implausible, given anything we know about them, that they would have such a dramatic effect. In the Bronze Age, there were hints that something more was at work, and some writer or other started using the term "yellow solex" or something, hinting that a kind of radiation that doesn't exist in our real world was part of the DCU's "physics", and was emanated from a yellow star but not a red one. Works for me. There has to be a contradiction somewhere -- why not there. '

"yellow solex"

The yellow solex bit is the part that really interests me....

As you're a big fan of the Superman comics from the 70's to the mid 80's I'm sure you'll be able to clarify this ? smile

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 06:12 PM
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah becasue you have never debated the pseudo science of Superman. smile

The double standards in this forum.

Flame On!! Has never debated...... shifty......... The........ pseudo science of anything!!!

smile

-FO!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2007 06:51 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Flame On!!

Good Post!!

-FO!!

thank you wink

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 25th, 2007 at 03:40 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2007 03:38 AM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

He gets it from the 'Huge Superman energy reservation node' on Batman's utility belt.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 02:28 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spooninbrian

Last edited by -Pr- on Nov 4th, 2010 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 01:51 PM
spooninbrian is currently offline Click here to Send spooninbrian a Private Message Find more posts by spooninbrian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spooninbrian

Kryptonite. Maybe kryptonian radiation doesn't effect humans, because It only effects extra dimensional objects. Hence when exposed to Kryptonite, his link to the hyper dimensional structure is removed and he becomes human.

Humans are affected by Green Krptonite. It gives them the same powers as krptonians. Granted this is what occured in the original start of the superman comics, where Krptonite was called K-metal then later named Kryptonite. It also depends on what DC universe one is talking about. Pre-crisis post crisis.

In Smallville has currently depicted this though it is usually followed by some sort electrical contact following exposure to it.

Also there are many different kinds of Kryptonite, which have different adverse affects. X-Kryptonite for example gives humans temporary super human powers.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2010 02:10 PM
spooninbrian is currently offline Click here to Send spooninbrian a Private Message Find more posts by spooninbrian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote