KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » best comic book fight

best comic book fight
Started by: xmeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Have Human Torch and Iceman actually fought? I wonder y the never played up on that rivalry or at least created a team up.

I seem to remember that in some comic, they actually DID team-up, and literally either shook hands or high-fived and shouted "Fire & Ice!", seemingly as happy at the prospect as readers must have been.

As for versus ...
I can't imagine early stories would have featured more than a steam cloud.

With Torch's greater power during that period however, the fight would be his to lose the moment he actually got serious, especially since Torch can fly and Bobby can't.

If you want a near equivalent, however, check out re-runs of the old "Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends!" cartoons from the 1980s. At one point, villains have Firestar and Iceman in temperature-contrasting rooms; Firestar they are trying to freeze, Iceman they are trying to melt and presumably, eventually, burn.
In reality, the two, unbeknownst to each other, are being tricked through fear into pitting their power against each other with the goal of both taking the other out ...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 09:34 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Just watched 2 clips from the show searching for that scene for you, Sin.

Firestar versus Iceman takes place in the S.A.F episode featuring the Chameleon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1lWlNr3Jw

That, again is/was the main "versus" I remember.
Note that YouTube has been taking down clips recently; you might want to view that snippet, small though it is, while you can.

Now that I give it some more thought, having seen Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends going against the Sandman a few minutes ago, and a few moments prior to that thinking how the trio of Pete, Angela, and Bobby dealt with (a) some robot(s), I'm thinking that we saw little of Torch and Iceman because the premise of Fire and Ice partnering was one of the basic premises of that show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FJNBRP8P0

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 09:55 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Beta Ray Bill and Stardust is the best fight in comics.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 10:21 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Shingen Harada vs Wolverine

No talking, just blades

Old Post Jun 19th, 2017 10:38 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
Beta Ray Bill and Stardust is the best fight in comics.

Meh

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Just watched 2 clips from the show searching for that scene for you, Sin.

Firestar versus Iceman takes place in the S.A.F episode featuring the Chameleon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BU1lWlNr3Jw

That, again is/was the main "versus" I remember.
Note that YouTube has been taking down clips recently; you might want to view that snippet, small though it is, while you can.

Now that I give it some more thought, having seen Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends going against the Sandman a few minutes ago, and a few moments prior to that thinking how the trio of Pete, Angela, and Bobby dealt with (a) some robot(s), I'm thinking that we saw little of Torch and Iceman because the premise of Fire and Ice partnering was one of the basic premises of that show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FJNBRP8P0

Thx😙😚

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 04:04 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Deaths Head vs Lockheed.

For the sheer awesomeness of Lockheed spitting fire into DH's eye and into his head..

S.W.O.R.D. was basically Death Head's best showing since Transformers, imo.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 04:08 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote