KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the LIVING TRIBUNAL

Respect the LIVING TRIBUNAL
Started by: Mr Master

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

its about damn time

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 08:12 PM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmeat
its about damn time

I have admired LT for a long time. Great job, my friend smile

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 09:29 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

LT is dominating... especially that slogioth thing.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:53 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

(The Living Tribunal appearances in order by release date)

Strange Tales #157 June 1967
Strange Tales #158 July 1967
Strange Tales #160 Sept. 1967
Strange Tales #163 Dec. 1967
What If the Avenger had Become Pawns of Korvac [What If? Vol.1 #32] April 1982
Rom #41 April 1983
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #6 June 1983
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #7 June 1985
Secret Wars II #6 Dec. 1985
Secret Wars II #7 Jan. 1986
Mephisto Vs. The Avengers [Mephisto Vs. #4] July 1987
The Might Thor Annual #14 1989
Silver Surfer Vol.3 #31 Dec. 1989
Guardians of the Galaxy #16 Sept. 1991
The Infinity Guantlet #3 Sept. 1991
Quasar #26 Sept. 1991
Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1 Feb. 1992
The Infinity War #2 July 1992
The Infinity War #3 Aug. 1992
Quasar #37 Aug. 1992
The Infinity War #4 Sept. 1992
Quasar #38 Sept. 1992
The Infinity War #5 Oct. 1992
Warlock and the Infinity Watch #9 Oct. 1992
Warlock and the Infinity Watch #11 Dec. 1992
The Warlock Chronicles #1 July 1993
Quasar #50 Sept. 1993
Quaser #51 Oct. 1993
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Master Edition #33 1993
Guardians of the Galaxy #44 Jan. 1994
Guradians of the Galaxy #45 Feb. 1994
Guradians of the Galaxy #46 March 1994
Guradians of the Galaxy #47 April 1994
Quasar #57 April 1994
Guradians of the Galaxy #48 May 1994
Quasar #58 May 1994
Guradians of the Galaxy #49 June 1994
Guradians of the Galaxy #50 July 1994
Fantastic Four Annual #27 1994
The Secret Defenders #25 March 1995
The Silver Surfer/Rune #1 June 1995
The Silver Surfer/Rune #2 Aug 1995
DC Versus Marvel #1 Feb 1996
Marvel Versus DC #2 March 1996
DC Versus Marvel #4 May 1996
The Adventures of the X-Men #12 March 1997
Avataars: Covenant of the Shield#1 Sept. 2000
Avataars: Covenant of the Shield #2 Oct. 2000
Avataars: Covenant of the Shield #3 Nov. 2000
X-Men Forever #1 Jan. 2001
The Might Thor Vol.2 #41 Nov. 2001
Marvel Universe: The End #4 June 2003
Marvel Universe: The End #5 July 2003
Marvel Universe: The End #6 Aug. 2003
She-Hulk #7 Nov. 2004

Other appearances:

Fantastic Four Annual #23
What If Vol. 2 #6
Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #21
Fantasic Four Annual #23
GLA #3
Strange Tales #159
What If... Vol.2 #6
X-Men Forever #3
X-Men Forever #6

smile

Last edited by Mr Master on May 11th, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2007 12:52 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
citannah17
she who know all

[QUOTE]The Living Tribunal holds the Phoenix Force in his hands, commands it,

then sets it free to for fill it's purpose

"The Phoenix KNOWS the Tribunal will NOT allow it"...[QUOTE]

not trying to cause any trouble but i have an opinion so i thought I'd voice it nice thread looks great, but only one small concern about the statement above. i have that same issue and in none of that comic does it says the living tribunal commands the phoenix force to leave. it actually says they communicate in a language without words and that it(phoenix force) knows he wont allow it(phoenix force) to return because as much a it(phoenix force). loves a human host no human can long safely contain the power because though it felt denied. it must heed the tribunal wishes for the sake of THE MULTI VERSE it left only so that it power would not trifle with the MULTI VERSE. then with the mystical balance return to normal they part. not trying to be rude just highlighting some key points that you forgot to state it seemed like the tribunal COMMANDED the phoenix force to do something and as everyone can see he doesn't if anyone don't believe me you can read it yourself.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 09:03 PM
citannah17 is currently offline Click here to Send citannah17 a Private Message Find more posts by citannah17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

[QUOTE=8989361]Originally posted by citannah17
quote:
The Living Tribunal holds the Phoenix Force in his hands, commands it,

then sets it free to for fill it's purpose

"The Phoenix KNOWS the Tribunal will NOT allow it"...[QUOTE]

not trying to cause any trouble but i have an opinion so i thought I'd voice it nice thread looks great, but only one small concern about the statement above. i have that same issue and in none of that comic does it says the living tribunal commands the phoenix force to leave. it actually says they communicate in a language without words and that it(phoenix force) knows he wont allow it(phoenix force) to return because as much a it(phoenix force). loves a human host no human can long safely contain the power because though it felt denied. it must heed the tribunal wishes for the sake of THE MULTI VERSE it left only so that it power would not trifle with the MULTI VERSE. then with the mystical balance return to normal they part. not trying to be rude just highlighting some key points that you forgot to state it seemed like the tribunal COMMANDED the phoenix force to do something and as everyone can see he doesn't if anyone don't believe me you can read it yourself.

Not to disagree with you ore making a hunt on you which you at some point must feel if you have been at the VS forum, we must just be interested in the same things big grin

I would like to ask you what do you think would have happen to the PF had it disobey the orders of the LT? And by giving the Force no actual choice but to accept his proposal it is commanding.

Old Post May 28th, 2007 04:46 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by citannah17

I'll appreciate it, if you stop spamming this thread.

I've taken notice of your eagerness to defend Phoenix, you've attcked my name in several threads, advising others to stop listening to my posts, and you even went as far as calling me a liar.
NOT JUST SPECULATTION LIKE YOU AND MR MASTER ARE DOING ABOUT IT the phoenix force dieing you guy are really some thing else (LIARS).

(eerily familiar to someone else that accuses without grounds)

Interesting you would have so much anomosity without ever debating with me,

I wonder ....

I'll respond to this Post once and that's it ...

NEXT POST....

Last edited by Mr Master on May 28th, 2007 at 07:41 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 07:36 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

No where in that issue did Phoenix threaten the Multi-verse, Sym & Madelyn Prior (who is Jean Grey's clone) with the help of Dr Doom & Reed Richards were the ONLY threats to the Multi-verse during that story. The Phoenix Force may have threatened that Alternate Reality at best.

Sym and Madelyn Prior (Jean Grey's clone) were the true threats,

They opened a Dimensional Rift between LIMBO and EARTH that caused a great UNBALANCE called the "Limbo Effect"
(please log in to view the image)

"Phoenix...Despite her great power, was DEFEATED by Demons, who transformed her into a mannequin in a Shop Window"

Reed Richards and Dr Doom were their lackeys, and together they built a machine that could expand the "Limbo Effect",,,, thereby granting Sym and Pryor access to the whole Multi-verse for takeover, without being interfered by anyone.

"Your Machine will be soon ready"
"In a matter of days, the Multi-verse itself will worship you"

"Same Spell which cuts this Dimension off from Intervention by OUTER Dimensional Forces"
"ALSO prevents us from attaining out Ultimate Goal, the EXTENSION of LIMBO to ALL the PLANES of the MULTI-VERSE, Richard's and Doom's MACHINE will MAGNIFY the Limbo Effect without opening us to OUTER Dimensional attack"

This was the Multiversal THREAT .... NOT Phoenix!

continues in the next post...

Last edited by Mr Master on May 28th, 2007 at 07:43 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 07:37 PM
Mr Master

continues...

This Alternate Universe was already unbalanced because of Sym & Madelyn,

"with Earth's PLANE so Unbalanced Mystically, due to it's convergence with Limbo ... it is only a matter of time before the Living Tribunal arrives"
"the Tribunal's role is to ensure the Balance of the Mystic Energies in the Multi-verse"

"even if it means Destroying our Planet, or our entire Universe"

So before that happens, Dr Strange convinces Rachel to summon the Phoenix Force in it's ENTIRETY, ("if we can summon it ALL") to cleanse the Earth before LT arrives who will Destory the Earth, or the Universe if he has to to safeguard the Multi-verse.

The FULL Phoenix Force is summoned:

"the awesome Entity THAT IS the FORCE hears and responds from it's place out in the Cosmos"

Then Madelyn realizes what Rachel's doing so before the Phoenix reaches Earth, Madelyn begins to take control of the Phoenix Force aswell:

This is amusing, two Mutants MANIPULATING the FULL Phoenix Force in a psionic tug of war.

Sym is killed by Mordo after losing power fighting Strange, so Madelyn now sets her eyes on "THIS UNIVERSE" as she says, since the Multiversal takeover is now over, and ALL the power of the FULL Phoenix Force is not going to set that dream back in motion.

Madelyn gets the upper hand and takes control of the FULL Phoenix Force:

"I've got no competition for dominion over THIS Universe, for the power of the Phoenix is here and mine"

And as always, a being with the FULL power of the Phoenix Force is killed by getting stabbed once, with Wolverines claws (he sent Jean six feet under too right?)

Sym reanimated Wolverines bones (who had died) and killed Madelyn.

The Phoenix switches masters now and Rachel ends up controlling the FULL Phoenix Force, Rachel seems to instigate the Phoenix at the behest of Dr Strange,

So the Phoenix Force burned away (or purified) the Earth, leaving it in a prehistoric age, giving Humanity a second chance.

Much of Earth's population died in the process,

but Rachel and Strange survived along with others.

continues in the next post....

Last edited by Mr Master on May 28th, 2007 at 07:46 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 07:39 PM
Mr Master

continues....

SO what does,

"the Phoenix knows the Tribunal WILL NOT ALLOW it to return to the Planet or a Human Host, knows that much as it loves having a Human Host, no Human can long SAFELY contain the power, and though the Phoenix feels denied, it also knows that, for the sake of the Multi-verse, it must today heed"

This Alternate Reality/Universe is in danger of a Human Host mis-using the Power of the Phoenix Force, this can lead to a Mystically Unbalanced Universe, which would threaten the Multiversal balance,

just like Strange said,

"with Earth's PLANE so Unbalanced Mystically, due to it's convergence with Limbo ... it is only a matter of time before the Living Tribunal arrives

the Tribunal's role is to ensure the Balance of the Mystic Energies in the Multi-verse,

even if it means Destroying our Planet, or our entire Universe"

So any Universe Mystically Unbalanced can threaten the Multi-verse, this is what they were referring to, NOT the Phoenix Force's power directly.

Once the Phoenix Force came into the picture in this issue, which was more than half way through, the only concern was for the Universe,

NOT the Multi-verse which was ONLY threatened by Sym's and Madelyn's Limbo Effect with help from a machine Reed and Doom built that would EXPAND the Limbo Effect across the Multi-verse.

Last edited by Mr Master on May 28th, 2007 at 07:48 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2007 07:40 PM
citannah17
she who know all

Originally posted by Mr Master
No where in that issue did Phoenix threaten the Multi-verse, Sym & Madelyn Prior (who is Jean Grey's clone) with the help of Dr Doom & Reed Richards were the ONLY threats to the Multi-verse during that story. The Phoenix Force may have threatened that Alternate Reality at best.

Sym and Madelyn Prior (Jean Grey's clone) were the true threats,

They opened a Dimensional Rift between LIMBO and EARTH that caused a great UNBALANCE called the "Limbo Effect"

"Phoenix...Despite her great power, was DEFEATED by Demons, who transformed her into a mannequin in a Shop Window"

Reed Richards and Dr Doom were their lackeys, and together they built a machine that could expand the "Limbo Effect",,,, thereby granting Sym and Pryor access to the whole Multi-verse for takeover, without being interfered by anyone.

"Your Machine will be soon ready"
"In a matter of days, the Multi-verse itself will worship you"

"Same Spell which cuts this Dimension off from Intervention by OUTER Dimensional Forces"
"ALSO prevents us from attaining out Ultimate Goal, the EXTENSION of LIMBO to ALL the PLANES of the MULTI-VERSE, Richard's and Doom's MACHINE will MAGNIFY the Limbo Effect without opening us to OUTER Dimensional attack"

This was the Multiversal THREAT .... NOT Phoenix!

continues in the next post...

actually thats why it said when they talked i mean LT and the force they were speaking on the phoenix force powers itself causing trouble not the things that were going on in the issue need prove just re-read their little conversation oh and btw wasn't spamming your thread here just pointing out some interesting fact is all.

Old Post May 29th, 2007 03:32 AM
citannah17 is currently offline Click here to Send citannah17 a Private Message Find more posts by citannah17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

actually thats why it said when they talked i mean LT and the force they were speaking on the phoenix force powers itself causing trouble not the things that were going on in the issue need prove just re-read their little conversation oh and btw wasn't spamming your thread here just pointing out some interesting fact is all.

As you wish. smile

Old Post May 29th, 2007 03:46 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

As always Mr. Master, great thread thumb up

SO SPEAKS THE FORMER LORD URIZEN

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 12:33 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

LT threatens to destroy the 616 universe and replace it with the Ultimate Universe. She - Hulk talks him out of it.

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ltbackzz1.jpg

Scan thanks to Mr. Master

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 01:27 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Mr Master
The Living Tribunal was displayed on the cover of a Pink Floyed album: "Saucer"

Top left Corner.

I'd also like to point out that the string of planets is from the illusion of the Earths destruction LT showed Dr. Strange.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 10:38 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Brilliant thread, nice to see loads of LT's feats. thumb up

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 11:58 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Apparently, LT is quite an uber techie:

---

"Is he [LT] God?"

"No, he's not God. He's just the biggest kid in all the playgrounds... And if he knows the principal, he' not exactly chatty about it":

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2011 10:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Nice find Galan.

I especially like the first scan, "You come in peace... unless you want your existance privileges revoked"

Old Post Sep 15th, 2011 09:53 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

i've come to mark this thread as homage to the LT

i've battled my way through swarms of blind DC fanboys to show them the light, and have exposed several as hypocrites

there is only 1 TOAA, and that is the true omnipotent being that LT serves

none of DC's "supreme" beings are omnipotent, because they do not all encompass everything and it's all a lie. therefore, LT is above and beyond them all.

I Respect the LT, so should all of you

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post May 21st, 2012 11:03 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

nevermind LT, i hate you!

you got be WARNED for defending you

i'm a TROLL for stating my perspective of what i read in a comic

they clearly will NOT let me have a victory when I clearly began to change things around here!

so you know what?!

i can only ultimately conclude that you are against me...and it must ultimately be necessary.

so for that, i disrespect the LT. LT isn't a true abstract, LT can't beat anybody in DC.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post May 22nd, 2012 10:05 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote