KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Stuff you May Have Missed

These are little details in the commentary/pictures to explain characters and all.

(please log in to view the image)

Will's necklace. What is his bauble? Did he have it in COTBP? Who gave it to him? I don't remember him wearing it when he was a little boy. It stays with him in AWE, too.

Gasp! The lockets are faces! That is so cool.

I actually think this is really sweet. He's not really sniffing her dress, but kind of just pressing against it. At this point, he knows she's safe and he misses her.

T&T say here, and this is interesting, that "He's also learned that she can take care of herself." Did he not know that before? Why is that so pivotal? Is that a character flaw? More to come!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 01:49 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

T&T felt the need to point out how much they like that Liz is screaming here, that she "can't always be cool." While that's funny, running from an angry mob, not being shy about screaming.....similarities between her and someone else are adding up.

Gasp again! The lock here is a heart AND a crab!

Now that I have Sailorleo's attention (hee hee) yes, this is James, but I think it's interesting who he looks at here. He sees the jar of dirt, puts two and two together, and then looks over at Jack. Jack. Why should he look at him of all people before taking it? He hesitates and looks at Jack. Is that some kind of deep vendetta? Any way, I think it's cool.

Gibbs bravely turning hard to starboard, helping save all of them OR him in the middle of sex with a wheel? You decide. More to come!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 01:54 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Just to let everyone know where our heroes are.

I never noticed before just how hard it is for her to get up those stairs. Liz has had a bad day, cut her some slack.

Okay, I'm interrupting the picture interlude for a brief discussion. In the scene where Jack is in the longboat and whips out the compass, T&T have a small debate on where it points. One kind of half-jokes that it's pointing to land. The other says, "Well, I think it's been pointing to the same place all along and...well I won't say." Hmmmm.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 01:57 AM
pirate179

ur very good at captions with these pics willo!! i love it!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 01:59 AM
pirate179 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate179 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate179 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

This is the last one, and I think it's important. We've discussed how Will was busy thinking about his priorities first, about how much he wants the Pearl to save his dad. Then he looks over at Liz, and this is the expression he makes. He's willing to put his priorities aside for her, and I hate to say it, but he loves her, guys. I refuse to debate if Will and Jack both really love her because I think they both do and if you have doubts about Will, look at this picture.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:00 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I like Gibbs expression lol

Oh I got a great, interesting pic big grin

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:09 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Hee hee, I captured this hug a few seconds before or after you did. Liz seems shocked that he hugs her, but she smiles back at him. It's cute. I think she and Gibbs will bond.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:10 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

But I don't think Will looks too happy lol. Kidding, Will was a little piss that Jack wouldn't turn around to get his father back.

Oh, willo. That pic of Will in Tia's hut by the end of DMC, I want to compare it with this pic:

This was before he looked at Liz crying, while he was stabbing the table with the knife.

He looked angry for not being able to rescue his father, for Jack "electing himself to stay behind" and taking down the Pearl with him which was going to be of good use for Will.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:31 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

With the screaming Elizabeth picture, similarities to whom?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:31 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Oh savvysparrow, look at your avvy, at perhaps it will answer your own question? big grin

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:45 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pirate179

nice siggy and avvy siriuswriter!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:46 AM
pirate179 is currently offline Click here to Send pirate179 a Private Message Find more posts by pirate179 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

thank you pirate179. smile

I'm just reminded of how much Will looks like a sweatier version of Erroll Flynn in that DMC "sticking the knife into the table" pic.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:48 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Oh savvysparrow, look at your avvy, at perhaps it will answer your own question? big grin

Ha! Thanks, I didn't even think about it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 02:58 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

giggle...I don't remember seeing Will screaming.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 03:00 AM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by savvysparrow
With the screaming Elizabeth picture, similarities to whom?

Jack....Jack is always screaming.....similarities to Jack...he's not afraid to scream....

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 03:22 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pirate179

he so cute when he screams!!! love

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 03:42 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Realistic, too. Who wouldn't scream?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:02 AM
pirate179

i know! big grin

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:04 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I dunno..

when he screams at the cannibal island, he reminds me of tarzan.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:09 AM
Surreal_44

Oooh, pretty pictures. I'm just labeling them in order of pictures posted, starting with your first post...

1. Will's necklace...I think it's Orlando's own personal necklace that he's incorporated into Will's character, which is kind of fun. He's started collecting things. Jack certainly does rub off on the young'uns, doesn't he?

2. I so want the lockets, even if the face is kinda scary. big grin

3. That's a nice picture of Will. And I think it was a lovely touch for him to pick up the dress and smile. It was a great moment.

4. Since Jack and Elizabeth seem to have so much in common, maybe they're related. Cousins, anyone? big grin

5. I also want a chest like DJ's...it's so nifty.

6. Shallow moment: Norrington looks uber hot right there. He's so smart. big grin I think what actually happens is that James picks up the letters, he notices the dirt, looks at the jar, and looks over at Jack. You can see him going, "Now why would he empty out the jar of dirt that's so important to him?"

James also notices that Jack has an oar, and that he'd been by the boat...I think James believes that Jack was going to screw everyone over. I know a lot of the scenes between Jack and James were cut, but if they'd been left in I think people would understand James' absolute disgust with Jack....which is why the scenes were cut, probably. Poor James.

But he's still hot.

7. I got nothing to say, except that Gibbs looks vaguely constipated. Poor man. I do love his character. *huggles Gibbs*

8. What more can I say? Nothing. big grin

9. Yeah, Elizabeth has to crawl up those stairs. No wonder she clings onto Jack; she's liable to slide back down them if she's not careful.

10. I love this expression on Will's face. He just softens up so much when he sees how sad Elizabeth is. He's a good guy, and he deserves a happy ending too. big grin

11. I want a hug from Gibbs! One more reason to be jealous of Liz.

12. I don't think Will is mad that Jack went down with the Pearl. He agreed to the plan to abandon the ship. Will is more than likely upset about Elizabeth kissing Jack, but he's covering all that hurt and anger up with the anger of not being able to save his dad.

13. Jack is funny when he screams. big grin

Yep, that's all I have. I'm going to bed now.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:10 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote