KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
(please log in to view the image)

This is the last one, and I think it's important. We've discussed how Will was busy thinking about his priorities first, about how much he wants the Pearl to save his dad. Then he looks over at Liz, and this is the expression he makes. He's willing to put his priorities aside for her, and I hate to say it, but he loves her, guys. I refuse to debate if Will and Jack both really love her because I think they both do and if you have doubts about Will, look at this picture.

Well, it could be he is using her....he's been knifing that table and thinking how he wishes that were Jack's heart...and he's thinking because of Jack's stupid deal with Davy he's lost the Pearl - the one means to getting back his father. Now, it appears that he may have indeed lost his bonny last to same certain Pirate....so, maybe his brain starts ticking and he's thinking "if I can get Elizabeth, use her vunerability when it comes to jack, to help me get to Jack, then i will get the Black Pearl and fullfill my promise to my father"...maybe he's just pretending to care about what Elizabeth wants so he can use her to get to jack, eh? Just a thought. Shoot me down Surreal, I'm okay with it today wink

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:58 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

and "he really loves her guys"...I never said Will didn't love Elizabeth, I just said that the love between them could be changing by the time we reach the end of the trilogy....I just feel if there is love developing between Jack and lIz...it's stronger and deeper...there is a thin line between love and hate..a line filled with passion! As the combo attack pirate pack says "is it love or hate between jack sparrow and elizabeth swann?".....I'm sorry I know it's just a toy...but hey, they are made by Disney...why would Disney sale a combo pack featuring Jack and Lizzie - to me they are the ultimate Pirate Couple - rather than Will and Elizabeth....Will is being sold as the Captain of the Flying Dutchman..in a pack by himself...hummm????

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 05:01 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

That's a different point of view for it for me, lovethemtigers. The moment I saw him knifing the table, I thought, "Oh dear he's going to carve out his heart."

But upon further examination... I dunno that was just the first impression of the "thunking" noise... smile

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:37 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Originally posted by Surreal_44
A Granted, most of us are not in daily life-threatening situations, but just pretend that you are and your group of people are about to get eaten by say, a giant T-Rex ( I don't know why you'd be in this situation, but you are.)

Pretend?! I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me!

*Is booty-call the term to use nowadays, or am I showing my age again?

I think booty call is still used. I got one from a giant T-Rex just the other week.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:54 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
What's going on here? Are we switching...Well, I'm still sailing with Sparrabeth....I still think the chemistry between them is what is way better....and just cus will is smelling the dress...does that make him more in-love with liz than Jack....Will has great chemistry with the dress....but does he have it with Liz?

Okay, ladies...since you all think Will looks so sweet and in love by hugging that dress...what about this man..a man who has been through hell and back, a man who is alone, except for his ship, a man who could have easily escaped and made it to land but came back....tell me what this looks like????

Ahh I was scaring myself by unintentionally leaning towards Willabeth last night, but now I'm almost completely Sparrabeth. I'm too easily persuaded confused. But I think I've decided that I'm mostly a Sparrabeth person.

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 07:08 PM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

OI!! People no shippy wars. I'm really tired of it.

I read in the last pages about weather or not it's a cannon relationship or whatever.

NO SHIPPY WARS!

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 07:30 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"and "he really loves her guys"...I never said Will didn't love Elizabeth, I just said that the love between them could be changing by the time we reach the end of the trilogy....I just feel if there is love developing between Jack and lIz...it's stronger and deeper...there is a thin line between love and hate..a line filled with passion! As the combo attack pirate pack says "is it love or hate between jack sparrow and elizabeth swann?".....I'm sorry I know it's just a toy...but hey, they are made by Disney...why would Disney sale a combo pack featuring Jack and Lizzie - to me they are the ultimate Pirate Couple - rather than Will and Elizabeth....Will is being sold as the Captain of the Flying Dutchman..in a pack by himself...hummm????"-------lovethemtigers

I'm not trying to convert myself or anyone else, lovethemtigers. I don't mean to give that impression. This thread is "stuff you may have missed." These are small, little touches that if you don't pay attention, you'd miss them. They aren't all that significant or give clues to how things are going to be, but they make it that much more enjoyable to watch.

There is no doubt in my mind Jack is in love with Liz by the end of DMC. Read my "mystery of the compass solved" thread if you don't believe me. I just like looking at willabeth evidence too, because if you never look at the other side's evidence, how can you understand them? True, I mostly captured "Will moments," but I figured we'd miss those more easily than we would miss Jack moments, which we usually catch and analyze. Really, this isn't a shipping thread. Everyone is welcome to find their own little details and put them in here.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 08:38 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Come on, mates. This isn't a shipper thread. We are just having some fun in noticing little things that are hidden a bit in the movie.

Like Tia's jar of eyeballs big grin. Poor Ragetti. What if Tia had something to do with it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 08:49 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 08:55 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Okay, now time for the first half of the movie. I like this reaction shot here when Beckett doesn't give Jack's title. Notice he looks at Liz even though both said "captain."

Just in case you're in a trivia contest, you know what time the clock was showing!

This is Liz's reaction to "fate intervenes." It's a bit stoic, but I'm sure we can analyze it. I think it really jarred her there.

Hee hee, Jack is really freaked out by Tia here.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 09:33 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

The following are Will-is-turned-on pics. We speak of Liz's unfaithfulness, but what about Will's? I think he needed a cold shower after this.

This next one is Jack's reaction to being asked why the compass won't work for him. Thrown for a loop, he seems.

Will is asking here what vexes all men. Still looks pretty into her, I think. If you keep watching this scene, as the Davy story goes on, he gets more and more upset with the story, very impatiently and rudely asking "What exactly did he put in the chest," in a kind of get on with it tone. Maybe he recognizes parallels in his own life?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 09:37 PM
savvysparrow

Yay Willo!

You brought up the clock picture! I actually noticed it's prominence in that scene too. Which again, recalls the theme of time, or a lack there of. It's interesting that what applies to Jack also applies to Will. Beckett says as much, he too has to find his place in the new world, and essentially with the clock in the foreground, it's the same as Bootstrap saying to Jack: Your time's run out.

Also, it's a fairly modern clock that's being built, an emblem of progress, a theme that comes up in the draft scripts of AWE.

About the Will's being seduced pictures. When we look at Tia Dalma, we have to remember that not only is she a woman, but her character is Calypso, the symbol of the sea. This may be the first scene in which we see the sea (ha!) calling to him. The sea is essentially seducing him like it does all men in some senses.

And I also notted that Beckett seems to be pushing Elizabeth's interest in Jack pretty hard. Why, I wonder? He has knowledge of it somehow beyond powers of observation. It may be that having had dealings with Jack in the past before he turned Pirate, he may recognize the same qualities. But it is somewhat suspicious....

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 09:56 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ok Guys i noticed 2 things: 1st.. it may or may not be much but in this pic there is a picture of a globe (which i've circled)

and then there is a globe in this Elizabeth Swan Action Figure

could it mean anything? could it be the same globe?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 10:54 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

and 2nd this Liz action figure is called:

Pirates Of The Carribean 3: Pirate King Elizabeth Swan with Glowing Brethern Court Globe & Sword

Why would they call her PIRATE KING....do they think that she is a man? Does she pose as a MAN? I mean she has posed as man, would she do it again?...was that a subtle intro to something to come in AWE?..Maybe that explains her Wardrobe...so manly! also WAS SAO the King of the Bretheren and since he passed it to her does that make her KING? What do u ladies think?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Last edited by PirateDiva on Mar 31st, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 10:59 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

I don't see anything wrong with Will getting turned on by Tia, he is human...it would only be wrong if he acted on his feelings like Liz did.

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:17 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

And that's very interesting about the globe since we've been under the impression that Will is never at the Brethren Meeting. Perhaps Pirate King is a unisex term like some actresses that refer to themselves as an actor.

The package was very interesting on that one as well because it says that in order to be the pirate king, the globe must glow either when you remove your sword or stick it it...I can't remember which but I like this version better than the one I heard where they write ballots.

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:21 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

I think the story of Davy Jones upsets Will because it reminds him of what happened between himself, Elizabeth and James. He has no reason to suspect that Elizabeth is unfaithful to him (especially since it hasn't happened at this point. stick out tongue ). Also, if you look at the pictures, he seems almost mesmerized. Perhaps Tia was actually trying to seduce him, and he's shaking it off. big grin

As for Beckett and Elizabeth, Terry answered this on wordplayer. Basically, Beckett is trying to find out how much Elizabeth likes Jack. He wants to see what her reactions are, to see how he can use her against Jack or to serve his purpose.

He lets Elizabeth go, and he doesn't call the guards down on her. He wants her to go looking for that chest too. Plus letting her go gives him even more leverage on Gov. Swann. I love Beckett. He's such an evil bastard. big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:57 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Originally posted by PirateDiva
and 2nd this Liz action figure is called:

Pirates Of The Carribean 3: Pirate King Elizabeth Swan with Glowing Brethern Court Globe & Sword

Why would they call her PIRATE KING....do they think that she is a man? Does she pose as a MAN? I mean she has posed as man, would she do it again?...was that a subtle intro to something to come in AWE?..Maybe that explains her Wardrobe...so manly! also WAS SAO the King of the Bretheren and since he passed it to her does that make her KING? What do u ladies think?

It's possible; she's in a room filled with blood thirsty pirates. It may be to her advantage to pretend as though she is a man. Also, it might lend her voice more credibility, given the era.

However, that doesn't necessarily fly because isn't one of the Pirate Lords in fact a woman. I think the list that's posted on the spoilers thread lists one woman among the group. It's something like Mistress Chang...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:01 AM
siriuswriter

Originally posted by willofthewisp

Hmm... wonder where he's looking.

quote:

It looks as if he's about to purr...

Good points all, willo.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Apr 1st, 2007 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:34 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackismyboo
Mrs. Depp

he is intrigued by her!^^ he does look like purring, rawr get her tiger lol jk anyways you can kinda see they were about to kiss but Jack interupted.

a kiss interupted or a kiss interupted, i think i will go with the firts one a kiss interupted. So boo yeah!! if Jack wasn't there we my of seen a kiss then Elizabeth wouldn't lose Wills trust he would lose hers. geeze both would of kissed the wrong person well Elizabeth she kissed the right but if ur williabeth she kissed the wrong and Will he almost kissed Tia. shame on you William Turner!!

gwen stefani is the POP QUEEN
http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=1069440

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:57 AM
jackismyboo is currently offline Click here to Send jackismyboo a Private Message Find more posts by jackismyboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote