KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"I don't see anything wrong with Will getting turned on by Tia, he is human...it would only be wrong if he acted on his feelings like Liz did."-----ericadawn

There is nothing offhand that is wrong about being attracted to another person when you're with someone else. However, it is bad if you start to think about them more than the one you're with. I'm not saying Will is falling in love with Tia by any means. No way. But it does open the door that Will is capable of being seduced/maybe even the seducer as much as Liz is.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:41 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackismyboo
Mrs. Depp

But he did seem like he was going to kiss her-tia- That is still wrong.

even though Will could be attracted to Tia, i think Elizabeth has it harder for her

gwen stefani is the POP QUEEN
http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=1069440

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:47 PM
jackismyboo is currently offline Click here to Send jackismyboo a Private Message Find more posts by jackismyboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yeah, I agree with that. Will and crew say goodbye to her and he figures he'll never have to bother with her again (provided he's even thinking about her, which I don't think he is). She's out of sight, out of mind. Liz has it harder because she's kind of stuck with Jack. She has to go with him to get the chest so he's always around.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:53 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Just a small question. The clock says 10:10, so that means the wedding was the day before, right? And Will spent the night in jail? That's a really, freakishly early wedding if that's not the case.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 04:10 PM
jackismyboo
Mrs. Depp

i don't know maybe it was the same day so it could be an early wedding, but i wonder why so early? Because wasn't liz in jail too.

gwen stefani is the POP QUEEN
http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=1069440

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 04:47 PM
jackismyboo is currently offline Click here to Send jackismyboo a Private Message Find more posts by jackismyboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

So just to get the timeline straight, Will and Liz are arrested and spend the night in jail cells. At the same time, Jack is busting out of prison in a coffin. The next morning is when Will is summoned to the office. That would make sense.

Since we're on the subject of stuff we may have missed, are there any more bird references? We have Sparrow/Swann of course and William Turner was a famous ornithologist, but are there any references to birds we may not be picking up on?

Last edited by willofthewisp on Apr 1st, 2007 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:07 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I don't mean to change the subject about the birds, willo. I just want something to say about the spending the night in jail.

Um, I suppose Will and Liz spent the night at Jail. But were they sepperated?

Elizabeth spended two days and one night in jail. Because when Gov. Swann got Elizabeth out, it was already night time.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:25 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

I don't know if the clock is showing the proper time. That might be some sort "inside" thing that has some signifigance to the producer or director, although I think it is indeed possible that Will and Elizabeth spent the night in jail. It would er...'soften' them up so to speak for Beckett.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:26 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Ted pointed out on KTTC that Turner is a play on the word "tern", which are water birds. They're really incredible. They're called "sea swallows", and they dive like straight into the water to get fish.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:29 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So just to get the timeline straight, Will and Liz are arrested and spend the night in jail cells. At the same time, Jack is busting out of prison in a coffin. The next morning is when Will is summoned to the office. That would make sense.

Since we're on the subject of stuff we may have missed, are there any more bird references? We have Sparrow/Swann of course and William Turner was a famous ornithologist, but are there any references to birds we may not be picking up on?

Barbossa's name has an interesting history.

Captain Barbossa's first name was revealed in a director's commentary on the DVD. His last name is both a pun on the Spanish/Portuguese surname "Barbosa" and is based on Barbarossa, the dreaded pirate also known as Redbeard.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:30 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

This is all very interesting. About the names.

Hector Barbossa sounds spanish to me smile.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:40 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Liz in jail: Arrested, spends night (probably in separate cell from Will). Next day says goodbye to Will, that night is taken out by her dad. Agreed?

Birds, birds, birds. If they made such blatant references to them in the three main characters' names, I would just think there would be more besides Mr. Cotton's parrot.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:44 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

The only bird or similar bird names I know are Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth Swann, and dear William Turner.

Though, Sparrow is not his real last name, I think.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 08:45 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Hmmm as always my posts got ignored...I actually think i discovered something....but oh well...guess Not!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:09 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

What! What is it!?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:11 PM
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Hmmm as always my posts got ignored...I actually think i discovered something....but oh well...guess Not!!

Wait, wait wait, is this about the glowing pirate globe? What do you know?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:19 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

yes it is about the Pirate Globe....but most importantly why they call LIZ a PIRATE KING!!....i mean seriously i know that means something i just need help putting 2 and 2 together!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:25 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

You're certain that it says King?

Ok, well there are some reasonable explanations. For starters, it's possible that Elizabeth goes into the Betheren meeting and is mistaken as a boy. She may not decide to correct them because it gives her voice more status to be a male than it does to be a female. Also, it's probably safer for her not to go in as a wench because let's face it, pretty girl in a room of cut throat pirates, not exactly a good combination.

The only thing I have trouble with is that there is supposedly another woman pirate member of the Betheren, but it may be that her role is somewhat cut down because she is in fact a woman.

Also, Elizabeth, being the forward thinking woman that she is, may not want her stature as a member of the Bethern to be demoted to the status of Queen. Even though, Queens were more of the powerhouses behind the monarchy than the kings were during the time period.

The most logical explanation that I can come up with is because she is an unmarried, pretty woman, it does her more good to pretend to be a man. Mistress Cheng actually might be married, which would be why it is that she's allowed as a member of the council. Married and widowed women were always allowed more freedom during that era than unmarried women. So they assume because of her costume and her hat that she is a pirate King and she doesn't correct them.

The question is, we know there are Pirate Lords, but does Elizabeth's being a King mean that she has dominion over all of them. That would be an interesting twist!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:35 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

There is another pirate lady who actually has one of the coins. I forgot her name.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:40 PM
savvysparrow

Mistress Cheng is her name. I'd be interested to see what her role is in the film. I'll bet my bottom dollar that she's married and that is the reason why it is that Elizabeth decides to remain disguised as a man. It's not a forced marriage thing, it's just more along the guidelines of the period. Unmarried women were not as highly respected. Do we have screen captures of the Bethern scenes from the trailer?

It may simply be that the pirates recognize what an incredible leader and pirate she is. They may decide that queen doesn't suit her personality.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 09:46 PM