KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Minie Mina
Come on, mates. This isn't a shipper thread. We are just having some fun in noticing little things that are hidden a bit in the movie.

Like Tia's jar of eyeballs big grin. Poor Ragetti. What if Tia had something to do with it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm sorry, Mina, I didn't mean to ship...I just can't help myself..I get kind of worried when Sparrabether's sound like they are being persuaded over to the Willabeth side....really sorry....

I'll try to look for some fun and interesting things we may have overlooked in the movies....

I'm excited...last night on the USA channel...guess what was on???
Pirates of the Caribbean...the Curse of the Black Pearl....you would have thought I'd never seen that movie before the way I was so into it....

after watching that movie for the 1,000 th or so time...I noticed something new....when the "good guys" are on the Interceptor and they load their cannons with anything and everything...and they get all the knifes and forks and stuff...it's funny when Marty grabs Gibbs flask from his and stuff's it in the cannon and he gets that same look he has on DMC when Will says "load the rum"...."eh, load the rum"....and then it's funny when Jack flys over on the rope from the Pearl to the Interceptor he hands it back to Gibbs and says "Bloody Empty"..I had always wondered how Jack had that flask..and now I know...Marty put it in a cannon and Jack must have found it on the Pearl and picked it up to return it to Gibbs.....aww Jack..he's a good friend to Gibbs...the toys at Target even says that "Mr. Gibbs...always loyal to jack Sparrow, except when his own life is at stake"...that's funny, isn't it?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:50 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by willofthewisp
The following are Will-is-turned-on pics. We speak of Liz's unfaithfulness, but what about Will's? I think he needed a cold shower after this.

(please log in to view the image)

This next one is Jack's reaction to being asked why the compass won't work for him. Thrown for a loop, he seems.

Will is asking here what vexes all men. Still looks pretty into her, I think. If you keep watching this scene, as the Davy story goes on, he gets more and more upset with the story, very impatiently and rudely asking "What exactly did he put in the chest," in a kind of get on with it tone. Maybe he recognizes parallels in his own life?

I love all these screen caps from Tia's cabin...yes, Will looks very attracted to Tia in these pictures...he seems very intrigued..interesting....

I love the picture of Jack when Tia mentions his compass not working..he looks guilty...like he's afraid she knows exactly why his compass isn't working and that Will might fight out....
will defintely looks suspicious of Jack in that sequence...he is trying to figure out just what it could be that jack wants but is loathed to claim as his own.....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:52 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

LOL. I love Gibbs expression after Will instructs to load the rum. And then Gibbs goes: "AYE! The Rum too!"

And he gives this cry baby face lol.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:54 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ok Guys i noticed 2 things: 1st.. it may or may not be much but in this pic there is a picture of a globe (which i've circled)

and then there is a globe in this Elizabeth Swan Action Figure

could it mean anything? could it be the same globe?

Diva, good find....I wonder why Tia has that in her cabin..I wonder what else is in Tia's cabin that we could be overlooking...so far we discoverd the boots on the bed, the way Jack the Monkey runs straight to them, the eyeballs in a jar, the locked on the table, Jack picks up Barbossa's ring...what else????

I so saw that toy of Elizabeth and that Brethren Globe...but why do they have her with the globe...is that the thing she must look over when she is on the island, her special assignment, but why???

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:54 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I know these are all reat investigations!

lovethemtigers, have you seen the pic I posted about Norrie being in the curiosity scene. Surreal was the one who noticed it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 04:56 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

No, I haven't seen that pic...where is it...I always wondered if somehow he witnessed that conversation? Now that's interesting, very interesting...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 05:17 PM
lovethemtigers

This takes place as Barbossa, Liz and Jack have taken that Stoic walk on the beach toward Beckett and Will....why does Barbossa stike Jack..what is happening? Maybe this is when Barbossa trades Jack for Will, cuz then we see Will standing with Barbossa and Liz?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 05:26 PM
savvysparrow

Jack supposedly betrayed the location of Shipwreck Cove to Beckett, so I suspect that Barbossa pulls out his sword on Jack for that very reason.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 05:28 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Jack is going to become very selfish in this movie. This will be interesting.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 05:30 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"I think I found Norrie!"---chiki

Aaaauuuggghhhh! There's a ghost on the Pearl. It's really a little creepy if you think about it. The majority of us like to think of Curiosity as a very private moment between Jack and Liz but they're actually surrounded by people on the deck of a ship and someone is WATCHING them? Scary. I bet it's Norrie, too, for two reasons:
1. He's probably not completely over Liz (although I'm thinking he's not pining away for her) so he's probably a little bitter
2. They might be talking about the chest for all James knows, standing that far away.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:24 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Well, have you ever notice that everytime they flirt, they are in front of people?

1) Persuade Me

2) Curiosity

In AWE

3) "It would have never worked out between us."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:26 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:27 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Look at the white swishy thing across the "ghost's" chest. That's James, all right. He's watching/listening this whole thing.

Yes, I have noticed they're not afraid to flirt in public. However, are they afraid to be alone with each other? Hmmm.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:29 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Do you guys think that IS Norrington watching that scene? It's all blurry, but it seems like the right shape if you were going to make Norrington a blob, right? stick out tongue

Or maybe I'm just obssessed. stick out tongue

Also, poor Norrington and his wig, Sophie (fanon name for the wig. wink. According to the longer script for DMC that TnT released on Wordplayer, Jack makes Norrington clean the deck of the Pearl with his wig:

quote:
Norrington works on his hands and knees, head bare, scrubbing the deck with his wig. Jack's boots appear before him -- taps, then uses his toe to point out a spot.

Jack: A bit of manual labor is good for you, James --
(leans down).

It builds character.

Jack grins, and Norrington suppresses the urge to strangle him.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:29 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

quote:
Norrington works on his hands and knees, head bare, scrubbing the deck with his wig. Jack's boots appear before him -- taps, then uses his toe to point out a spot.

Jack: A bit of manual labor is good for you, James --
(leans down).

It builds character.

Jack grins, and Norrington suppresses the urge to strangle him.

Oh, my! I love it eek!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:38 PM
Surreal_44

I wish they had left that scene in, but it would have made Jack less likeable, so that's probably why it was cut. There's such snark between those two that I wish they had worked more of it into the film. big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:41 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Still, I would've love to see that. But yeah, it would have hurt Jack's character.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:46 PM
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

that and "No fraternizing with the help, love."

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 06:58 PM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

lol, where does that come from?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 07:07 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

What's that? Does Liz try to talk to James or something?

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 07:07 PM