KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

*coughcough* ssexxi*coughcough*

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 06:01 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

(Gibbs and Liz look at Jack strangely)

Gibbs: What's wrong?

Jack (covering): Just stretching the old arms. Go back to talking about impending doom.

Gibbs: Yes, well, as I was saying, this is bad for every mother's son who calls himself pirate.

Liz: How did you do that?

Gibbs: Do what?

Liz: Remember everything you said as if it were a line?

(Jack winces again and clutches his brand)

Liz: Do you have some kind of problem?

Jack: (whispers) Fourth wall.

Liz: What?

Jack (whispers louder) Fourth wall!

Liz: Oh. (looks at camera) Never mind. So...there's a chest to be found.

Gibbs: Aye. We find the chest, we unlock it, and we go from there.

Jack: We already know what's inside, too.

Liz: What's inside?

(Jack starts clutching his brand)

Gibbs: Will you stop that?

Jack: Sorry. I like to cause distractions when I feel pestered or bothered or otherwise inconvenienced by the nature of our talk.

Gibbs: What?

Jack: Why don't you coax some more wind out of these sails?

Gibbs: Good idea (buttles off)

Jack: Now, shall we continue?

Liz: Oh, you mean where I call you out on your attraction to me?

Jack: That very scene.

Liz: Shouldn't you have a brand to be holding?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 02:41 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

yep. I think we've just about uncovered every mystery, analyzed every theory and torn apart every scene involving Jack and Lizzie from top to botton. I can't think of anything else to uncover, analyze or even conjure up for that matter. I'm all pirated-out when it comes to analyzing, etc...but I'm not tired of looking at Johnny, Jack and Elizabeth....I could watch the scenes of them over and over and over....and look at the screencaps, etc...I'm getting really nervous about April 10th and what the novelization will reveal to us.....maybe i should cut myself off and never come here again and just wait until may and be left in the dark, just as I was for DMC..............but not gonna happen, I can't stay away, this place is like a bad drug addiction..I just can't seem to leave it alone...I've tried, I even took about a month's break last november and december...and then somehow I go hooked again when i decided to check in just after the new year and see what was abuzz.....

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 02:51 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

We should make a pact then not to read the book. That way we can visit the forum all we want but we'll be surprised for the movie. You guys don't want to read some half-ass novelization and miss out on all the visuals do you? Plus, books leave out film twists. Ever seen the new Planet of the Apes? The book ends at a different place than the movie, which is smart. I think this thread proves nothing beats actually watching and soaking it all in.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 02:53 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

i know....I just can't get why they would release the novelization this far in advance of the movie....especially a movie they have kept under such tight raps, a movie that it took forever to reveal the trailer and a movie they decided was so kick-ass it had to have a world-wide release date....so maybe the novel won't reveal anything, afteralll...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 02:56 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

That's what I'm thinking. I've read novelizations of movies and they're never as good as the actual movie.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 12:34 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

True. Though, I haven't read the novels from POTC.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 07:48 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Okay, I have a request for someone to look for. We've concluded that Norrington is spying on Jack and Liz during Curiosity, so is he spying on anyone any other time? I know he overhears the letters of mark being talked about, but is he in the background at any time he shouldn't be? Makes me wonder.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 10:22 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Hmm...The only time I can think of is when Jack is explaining about the compass--well, he wasn't really spying.

The Persuade me scene

And the Curiosity scene.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 10:46 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

I don't think James is technically spying at any of those times. I think he just happens to be there, and he watches/listens because it's human nature. big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 10:54 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Good points all around. I just think his "ghost" image is creepy. Anyone else have any ideas of things to find? Usually if you pause it at almost any time, something catches the eye. These are detail-oriented movies. My thread must not die!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 02:46 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

*beeeeeeeeeeep* CLEAR!

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

CLEAR!

*beep* *beep*

There, I revived it big grin

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 03:03 PM
Surreal_44

I don't think I posted this observation here, so I'll give it a shot...

Right after Will wakes up on the Pearl, he and Elizabeth talks, and then the camera goes to Jack and Gibbs. However, the scene with Will and Elizabeth is continued in the background. If you watch, Elizabeth kind of cradles Will in her arms, gently touches the scar on his temple from DJ's crew, and then helps him to sit up.

It's a nice moment.

Oh, and speaking of Will...did anyone notice in CotBP when Will breaks off the candle-stick thingie that he looks like he's about to stick the broken part into his pocket? I always giggle at that part, and no one else seems to find it as funny as I do. Maybe it's because it reminds me of something I'd do. big grin

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 05:12 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44
I don't think I posted this observation here, so I'll give it a shot...

Right after Will wakes up on the Pearl, he and Elizabeth talks, and then the camera goes to Jack and Gibbs. However, the scene with Will and Elizabeth is continued in the background. If you watch, Elizabeth kind of cradles Will in her arms, gently touches the scar on his temple from DJ's crew, and then helps him to sit up.

It's a nice moment.

It also parallels the opening of COTBP. As a child, she pulls his hair off his forehead before he wakes up. Their positions are the same too, she's looking down on him i.e. (I'm watching over you, Will).

It's sweet, really smile

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 06:21 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

It is.

Elizabeth always felt a need to protect him.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 08:53 PM
lovethemtigers

and that is the jist of their relationship...she feels responsible for will, Will is all she has ever known, it is sweet and kind of motherly, if you ask me..."i'm watching over you, Will Turner"....it's been her lif's mission to watch over Will.....

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 08:57 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Gov. Swann: Take care of him.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 09:08 PM
Surreal_44

Another thing I noticed on Elizabeth in Tortuga...her back is all muddy. Hmm, is it possible that our favorite ex-Naval officer was leaning against her for support in between her getting him out of the pig-sty and them going to the Pearl?

Also, it may not mean anything, but it was brought up for discussion on another forum on how interesting it is that Norrington was handed a goat. Symbolism, perhaps, for becoming a 'scapegoat' of sorts to save Elizabeth?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:11 PM
savvysparrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surreal_44
Another thing I noticed on Elizabeth in Tortuga...her back is all muddy. Hmm, is it possible that our favorite ex-Naval officer was leaning against her for support in between her getting him out of the pig-sty and them going to the Pearl?

Also, it may not mean anything, but it was brought up for discussion on another forum on how interesting it is that Norrington was handed a goat. Symbolism, perhaps, for becoming a 'scapegoat' of sorts to save Elizabeth?

Well, he was pretty drunk, so it seems likely. Or maybe they had a mud wrestling fight...Where are you doing with this, Surreal? wink

Well, I did some research on it because let's face it, I have a problem. Goats were frequently sacrificed animals in religious offerings, so that might mean something. In Mason symbolism, goats are the symbol of fertility. Hmmmm....

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:37 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ericadawn
The Admiral's Lover

Here's a pretty thorugh exploration of the idea:

http://www.wordplayer.com/forums/mo....cgi?read=87741

Huge Thanks to SailorLeo for the banner
Speed Racer is awesome!!! Go Rays!!!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 12:05 AM
Ericadawn is currently offline Click here to Send Ericadawn a Private Message Find more posts by Ericadawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote