KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official WWE Thread

Official WWE Thread
Started by: Joe K

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (307): « First ... « 303 304 [305] 306 307 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Money in the Bank 2018 Review

1.) Daniel Bryan defeated Big Cass by submission. This was by far a much better match than the one the two had at Backlash. This was probably Big Cass's best singles match to date. Thanks in part to Daniel Bryan. Still, Bryan needs to move away from Cass and start feuds with much bigger and better names like the Miz or Nakamura. Rating: 2.5 out of 5

2.) Bobby Lashley defeated Sami Zayn. The least said about this match, as well as this entire feud, the better. Rating: 1 out of 5.

3.) Seth Rollins defeated Elias to retain the IC Championship. This was a star making performance for Elias. Though it was obvious that he couldn't keep up to Seth's pace, the last third of the match really kicked it into high gear. The match wasn't Seth's best as IC Champ. But it was enjoyable. Rating: 3 out of 5.

4.) Alexa Bliss won the Women's Money in the Bank ladder match. This was a fun match with great spots. But at times it felt a bit too planned out. Especially when everyone started getting on the ladder just to be pulled off. This went on for some time. Still, a fun match. And Alexa winning was a nice surprise. Rating: 3 out of 5.

5.) Roman Reigns defeated Jinder Mahal. A match the crowd didn't care about. They chanted for CM Punk. They did the wave. They did everything to show just how disinterested they were in this match. This was a standard Roman comes back in the end to win match. Rating: 2 out of 5.

6.) Carmella defeated Asuka to retain the SmackDown Women's Championship. Ellsworth returned. That's the most notable moment of this match. The match was underwhelming and forgettable. Asuka stared at Ellsworth on the apron for what felt like an eternity. That was stupid. Rating: 1.5 out of 5

7.) AJ Styles defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to retain the WWE Championship. This match started slow but built and delivered a hard hitting performance. Both men looked like bonafide stars in this match. Though it didn't match the quality of their Wrestle Kingdom match, this was easily the best match of their WWE encounters. AJ retaining was a surprise. Rating: 4.25 out of 5.

8.) Ronda Rousey defeated Nia Jax by DQ. Alexa Bliss cashed in her MITB contract to defeat Nia Jax to become the new Raw Women's Champion. This match was decent at best. Alexa cashing in was a smart move and it's great to see the goddess with the title again. Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

9.) Braun Strowman won the Men's Money in the Bank ladder match. A strong performance from Strowman and Samoa Joe tonight. The Miz played the sneaky heel quite well throughout. This had some amazing spots like Strowman throwing Kevin Owens into a table from the top of a ladder. WWE is really building Strowman as an unstoppable monster, maybe to the detriment to the other wrestlers. Rating: 4 out of 5.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 05:05 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

HAPPY RUSEV DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo! Rusev won the 5 person gauntlet to become the new number 1 contender for AJ's WWE Championship! This is freaking awesome!! I don't think Rusev will win (Team AJ Styles 4 Life), but it's just awesome to see him get pushed into the main event.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 06:11 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

VADER IS NO MORE!

Show your respect!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2018 07:15 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Nakamura wasn't on Smackdown Live last night and so his planned title match with Jeff Hardy was scraped. Why? Nakamura was bitten by a dog!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 04:18 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

was it...a big dog?

thats what happens if you step in its yard

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 05:29 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
was it...a big dog?

thats what happens if you step in its yard

It could have been a Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-Dog. Who knows.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 06:31 PM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

My top ten dream matches. I have one criteria: it had to be possible. I.E. the wrestlers had to be active at the same point in their career. So, no Owen Hat vs. Seth Rollins or anything like that. With that said, here they are!

10.) Sting vs. the Undertaker
I'm gonna start with the obvious dream match. I don't really have to explain why at this point. This was a match everyone dreamed would happen and at WrestleMania 31 it seemed like it could have. Instead we got Taker vs. Wyatt and Sting vs. Triple H. Shame it never occurred.

9.) AJ Styles vs. Johnny Gargano
The former leader of the Bullet Club going against the former member of #DIY. These two men are arguably the best in-ring workers on the roster today. It would be amazing to see these two face off.

8.) The Club vs. the Shield
AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, and Luke Gallows vs. Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns. That is a 3 on 3 match that is just begging to happen.

7.) Randy Orton vs. Sting
The Legend Killer Randy Orton taking on the Crow Sting would have been a match made in heaven. The build up could have been even more awesome. Just think of all the times that Sting got the drop on the NWO and imagine Sting doing one of those just to suffer an RKO out of nowhere.

6.) Sting vs. the Ultimate Warrior
Sting and Warrior started wrestling together as a tag team. One went to WWF and the other to the NWA. Sufer era Sting taking on the Ultimate Warrior would have been one for the ages.

5.) The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
Most people probably didn't even realize that this match never happened. And why wouldn't they? They were both in the WWE at the same time and both at the height of their career. I have to scratch my head and wonder why this match never happened.

4.) Steve Austin vs. Goldberg
The top face of WWE against the top face of WCW. This match could have happened. This match should have ended the Invasion Angle but instead we got the most disappointing Invasion storyline in history.

3.) Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle
A match in made in heaven. Two technical masters squaring off. The two would have surely put on a match of the decade candidate for sure.

2.) CM Punk vs. AJ Styles
This match happened on the indie scene. But that was a long time ago. Long before the two truly found what made themselves so amazing in the art of pro-wrestling. The Best in the World vs. the Phenomenal One is a dream match in every angel imaginable. Promos, the build up, and the match itself. CM Punk playing the heel would really make this match stand out because who can play a heel better than Punk? Not too many.

1.) AJ Styles vs. Kenny Omega
Former leader of the Bullet Club vs. current leader of the Bullet. Former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion vs. current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion. AJ's last night in New Japan involved him suffering a One Winged Angle at the hands of Kenny Omega before the rest of the Bullet Club turned on Styles and attacked him. The Phenomenal One vs. the Best Bout Machine just has instant classic written all over it. One could even kick up the drama by having the Young Bucks in Omega's corner and have Gallows and Anderson in AJ's corner. Oh, I can dream about it. Yes I can.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 01:48 AM
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

I would have loved to see those matchups. Especially Sting vs Taker and Punk vs Styles.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 08:23 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

I need to redo the list! I just realized that Bret Hart vs. Chris Jericho never happened!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2018 04:18 PM
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

Extreme Rules 2018 Review
1.) The B-Team defeated the Eater of Worlds (C) to become the new WWE Raw Tag Team Champions. A decent match. Nothing really special. The build was lackluster and because of that it was difficult to be invested in this match. Rating: 2 out of 5.

2.) Finn Balor defeated Baron Corbin. This was a decent match with quick action. The roll up victory means this feud will probably continue. Corbin dominated the match. Again, not much to be invested in. This whole feud was built around Corbin being tall and Finn being not as tall. Rating: 2 out of 5.

3.) Carmella (C) defeated Asuka to retain the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship. The build was lackluster and investment was low. Asuka seemed like a complete idiot to focus on Ellsworth instead of the champ. This makes Carmella feel like the afterthought to her own feud. Rating: 1.5 out of 5.

4.) Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Jeff Hardy (C) to become the United States Champion. Before the match begun, Nakamura struck Hardy with a low blow. One knee to the face later and Nakamura became the new champ. This match lasted 6 seconds. Randy Orton made his return afterwards and attacked Jeff Hardy with a low blow of his own. This match went exactly how Nakamura needed it go to help establish him as a top tier heel, considering he failed to win the WWE Championship from AJ Styles. Rating: 3 out of 5.

5.) Kevin Owens defeated Braun Strowman by "escaping" the steel cage. Strowman is the face and Kevin Owens is the heel. Yet this entire feud was built on Strowman stalking and assauling KO for no reason, over and over again. KO has only tried to escape Strowman which makes the face/heel dynamic a bit confusing. Despite that, it was a fun match. I'd love to see the KO of old return as the Prize Fighter who will face anyone. But this was entertaining. KO handcuffed Strowman to the ropes and tried to escape the cage. Strowman broke the cuffs and met KO on top of the cage. Strowman then threw KO off the top of the steel cage into the announce table below. This won KO match but kept Strowman looking strong. Rating: 3 out of 5.

6.) The Bludgeon Brothers (C) defeated Team Hell No to retain the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championships. Earlier in the show, Harper and Rowan attacked Daniel Bryan and Kane. This left Kane out of the match so Daniel Bryan was fighting a 2-on-1 handicap match. Kane made his return later, limping to the ring, but that proved useless as the Bludgeon Brothers pinned Bryan to win the match. This was an odd decision. What should have been a fun match for the reunion of Team Hell No felt more like they're just putting it off for Summerslam. Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

7.) Bobby Lashley defeated Roman Reigns. Yeah. The match started slow but picked up. And now Bobby Lashley is your new number 1 contender to the Universal Champ...wait? This match wasn't for anything? Well, stakes were low. This could have been put on Raw and would have been fine. This match had very little business being on a PPV. Rating: 2 out of 5.

8.) Alexa Bliss (C) defeated Nia Jax to retain the WWE Raw Women's Championship in an Extreme Rules match. In case you were counting, this is only the second match to feature a stipulation that can be considered "extreme" in this Extreme Rules PPV. The match was decent. The focus was more on Alexa and Ronda then Nia making Nia an afterthought in her own feud. Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

9.) AJ Styles (C) defeated Rusev to retain the WWE Championship. Match of the night. AJ's selling really made you believe that Rusev could become WWE Champion, even though everyone knew that AJ was going to retain. AJ worked over Rusev's leg to make it difficult for Rusev to apply Accolade. One Phenomenal Forearm later, and AJ retains. Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

10.) Dolph Ziggler (C) defeated Seth Rollins in 5-4 sudden death overtime in their Iron Man match to retain the Intercontinental Championship. The fans were more interested in counting down with the clock as though this was the Royal Rumble then they were in the actual match. The two put on a decent showing but Iron Man matches are just difficult matches to get invested in. Especially considering that this feud wasn't built up to a point where an Iron Man match would be warranted. Drew McIntyre provided some interference and attacked Seth before being thrown from ringside by the ref. Drew would return when the match was restarted after both wrestlers had 4 pin falls each. Drew distracted Seth allowing Dolph to hit the Zigzag to get the pin fall and win. Rating: 2.75 out of 5.

PPV Rating: 3 out of 5

Overall, a decent but forgettable PPV. This felt more like filler before WWE can start building up to Summerslam.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2018 05:40 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

its official!

as we first reported - an ALL woman’s PPV is happening!

October 28th!

WWE Evolution!

#RAW https://t.co/OzuLDv90Ty

This is huge, never thought this would happen. Personally wish aj Lee and Paige could be involved but it's awesome nonetheless

Old Post Jul 24th, 2018 12:41 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Is the PPV called "Bathroom Break"?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2018 12:04 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

thats hilarious YOU SEXIST PIG! OINK OINK! OINK OINK! shame on you!

It's called 'Evolution'. nothing to do with triple h's old stable with ric flair/orton/batista. I hope it is good, can't be much worse than the mostly male ppv's we've had this year.

Wonder if lita, trish and some of the attitude era women will be involved at all. Sad Chyna isn't around to be a part of it too. But still think this generation of women wrestlers in wwe is probably the best its ever had. alexa, charlotte, ronda rousey, asuka, sasha, bayley, becky etc. that could be four matches right there

Old Post Jul 27th, 2018 10:52 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

World of sport is finally back on British TV after 30 years. It used to be big back in 70/80s so it's been a while. I enjoyed it, nice to have an hour of wrestling as opposed to 2/3/4 hour shows WWE do.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 01:06 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Will the Evolution PPV have female referees and a female announce team? I think that'd be cool, especially the announce team depending on who was on it.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 01:26 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Will the Evolution PPV have female referees and a female announce team? I think that'd be cool, especially the announce team depending on who was on it.

Renee Young would be awesome on the announce team.

But I swear, WWE, shut up about it. They're running this "historic" event into the ground already. Every segment in Raw and Smackdown last week had a wrestler talk about. AJ Styles said that because of Evolution, he can finally look his daughter in the eyes and tell her that she can become anything.

My God. And tonight with Carmella was just cringe-worthy. Less is more WWE. It's in October. Focus on Summerslam. Build some feuds leading towards it. You don't have to mention it every 3 seconds.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 03:42 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Summerslam was boring, too many short matches. The NXT Takeover event was far better IMO.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 01:13 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I didn't watch nxt but I actually liked summerslam more than I expected. I agree that the two squash matches were weird. Kevin Owens and baron Corbin losing so fast just made them look crap. One would be acceptable but even then, still weird.

Seth Rollins Vs ziggler was probably best match of the night imo
I still hate Roman but I'm happy brock isn't champ now, don't care if he comes back.

And on raw the shield have come back together! Starting to feel like their milking that whole thing but will be cool to see what happens from here

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 10:33 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Owens Strowman match made sense being so short as it gave the impression Strowman would come back out to cash in his contract at the end of the night. Lesnar Reigns was a poor, quick match too but at least it all played out well story-wise.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 12:19 AM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

so hell in a cell was a bit alright

the screwdriver in the ear tho that was so not pg, i could barely watch that

and brock is back i guess

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:13 PM