KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Official WWE Thread

Official WWE Thread
Started by: Joe K

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (307): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dyajeep

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Bobby Lashley and the others, as said before, are not allowed to use the one facet of their ability that makes them good: Power. So don't look to him for it. I don't get why the WWE feels it's necessary to let these people use the mic. When Heyman was Brock Lesnar's mouthpiece, Lesnar was much more intimidating cos he seemed like a weapon. Like Taker did for many years under Bearer's rule. If Lashley had that he'd be better.

* good observation... wrestlers who can't deliver good speeches should spare using the mic, or at least refrain a little...

Onto Cena again, it raises an interesting point, doesn't it?

Everyone was dissing Cena back then for being "fake" and a "wigger", but if THIS is his real persona; Some boring, army fatigue wearing sleep-inducer, what makes for the better TV?

* maybe Vince has soft-spot for the kids who idolize Cena... laughing

As opposed to The Rock, who spoke in such a fake voice and rolled off catchphrases that he became much better when he was more natural.

* i did not get this point...

John Cena's gimmick came along a few years too late, people realise the "war" is false, so they're less inclined to follow his salute bs.

He's just an ill-timed, ill-planned character.

-AC

* in my opinion, the WWE is making Cena the combination of Stone Cold's "SOB" attitude and The Rock's mic talent... which they failed miserably...

* and "earth-to-WWE storyliners"... why pit Cena against HBK or HHH when they want to push Cena as face? haven't they noticed how Cena was booed when he's against the caliber of HHH and HBK? see the comparison in the fans' reaction when he's against Umaga? why don't they write a storyline for the fans to appreciate Cena? poor, poor Cena... and i also wish he had some balls to reject a storyline that makes the fans boo him over and over again... peace out... wink

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 05:42 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by peejayd
* i did not get this point...

Watch him in his Nation days, he speaks very fake, and nearly everything he said was a catchphrase. He wasn't inventive.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 06:20 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe K
I dee kay.

HHH should become to the champ when he comes back! smile

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 01:45 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Cena was a flash in the pan. People need to get off his nuts... sorry, it's over.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 05:16 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colombiankilla
Restricted

Account Restricted

IM sick of john cena bein the champ its been over a year damn change it up
COME ON

Wherever there's trouble there's always some fat guy there to help or the Justice League

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 08:43 PM
Colombiankilla is currently offline Click here to Send Colombiankilla a Private Message Find more posts by Colombiankilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corndog

Enough about Cena, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

^^^Thanks Naz!!!^^^
HARD WORK beats talent when talent fails to WORK HARD.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:27 PM
Corndog is currently offline Click here to Send Corndog a Private Message Find more posts by Corndog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by G U I T A R
HHH should become to the champ when he comes back! smile

Yes!

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 10:18 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe K
I dee kay.

Something was up last night, Cena and HBK fought to long. Edge and Orton had a planned match yesterday night...but cena and hbk's match was like freakin 20 mins long? Anyways.....Edge has a big chin.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:09 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

18 of those 20 minutes were a headlock.

I was laying in bed watching it, just on the phone, and I honestly felt like I was being robbed of free time. F*ck paying to watch that shit.

Did anyone notice that during the Khali/Carlito match, the crowd was dead? I swear you could have heard conversations in the crowd.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 04:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Something was up last night, Cena and HBK fought to long. Edge and Orton had a planned match yesterday night...but cena and hbk's match was like freakin 20 mins long? Anyways.....Edge has a big chin.

It was definately longer than 20 minutes! And I am so glad that Cena lost! Finally!!! big grin big grin

18 of those 20 minutes were a headlock.

I was laying in bed watching it, just on the phone, and I honestly felt like I was being robbed of free time. F*ck paying to watch that shit.

Did anyone notice that during the Khali/Carlito match, the crowd was dead? I swear you could have heard conversations in the crowd.

-AC

I noticed the headlock thing too, it was pretty annoying and they could have done without. erm

I didn't notice the Khali thing though, maybe they were all scared? stick out tongue

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:38 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corndog

The match was 55 minutes long, HBK won, quit baggin on Cena, he'll hold the belt even LONGER, because everybody wants to be there when he loses, but they're going to keep making him win so people keep going. CENA! And yes, Edge has a big chin, he's Canadian. laughing

^^^Thanks Naz!!!^^^

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:53 PM
Corndog is currently offline Click here to Send Corndog a Private Message Find more posts by Corndog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Hey!

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 11:04 PM
Joe K
I dee kay.

That match wasnt no 55 minutes long lol, theres no way.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 01:52 PM
General G
Canadian.

It definatley was.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 05:36 PM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

The match was almost an hour long, but then again, the old-school classic matches, i.e. Hitman vs. Mr. Perfect, Hitman vs. HBK, were all at least 20 minutes. I guess, they're trying to reclaim good standing with decent matches. It was a good match though.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:45 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

It was a good match, the only thing I had a problem with while watching it was all of the headlocks at the beginning, that bugged me a lot, it really wasn't needed.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 10:05 PM
Corndog

Sorry General G, but he is Canadian and I hate him, but me no hate you. smile

^^^Thanks Naz!!!^^^

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 10:37 PM
Joe K
I dee kay.

Is there a big match on smackdown fri? I dont remember where I heard this but I heard kennedy and finley vs taker and basista.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 01:34 PM
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by The_Mayor
Sorry General G, but he is Canadian and I hate him, but me no hate you. smile

It's all good. happy

Is there a big match on smackdown fri? I dont remember where I heard this but I heard kennedy and finley vs taker and basista.

I am not sure, but if you want full spoilers for smackdown tomorrow night, go here:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article....cleid=179450782

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 07:45 PM
Corndog

[QUOTE=8828836]Originally posted by General G
[B]It's all good. happy

Good.

^^^Thanks Naz!!!^^^

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 10:32 PM