KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tiberius
The Admiral

J.J. Abrams Star Trek 2008

"Star Wars is probably the most influential film of my generation. It's the personification of good and evil and the way it opened up the world to space adventure, the way westerns had to our parents' generations, left an indelible imprint. So, in a way, everything that any of us does is somehow directly or indirectly affected by the experience of seeing those first three films."

J. J. Abrams

Given this quote and the fact it's a reboot of the original series as a movie which he has said was his favourite show as a child.
What can we expect?
A labour of love and something truly special?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 09:47 PM
Tiberius is currently offline Click here to Send Tiberius a Private Message Find more posts by Tiberius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i'll give matt damon a shot. This new installment cant be anyworse than the last three movies. The franchise needs something new. As much as i loved the next gen crew, their appearances became so redundant and tired that even the cast members themselves diddnt bother to keep inshape to fit into the skin tight uniforms. Everyone looked a little chubby and tired in the last flick

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 5th, 2007 at 03:27 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 03:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The franchise does need something new. However, To bring back iconic characters and have others play them, may not sit well with trekkies.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 10:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The franchise does need something new. However, To bring back iconic characters and have others play them, may not sit well with trekkies.

It would make nerds riot in the streets. You've never seen a rabid Trek nerd, have you?

And yes, I do agree that this series needs a Batman Begins-esque reboot. After Enterprise...eh. It needs something new.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 10:20 PM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the only people who care about what trekkies think are trekkies.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 10:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by office jesus
It would make nerds riot in the streets. You've never seen a rabid Trek nerd, have you?

And yes, I do agree that this series needs a Batman Begins-esque reboot. After Enterprise...eh. It needs something new.

I love Star Trek a whole lot. I'm a trekkie. I hope Matt Damon can do James T. Kirk justice.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 11:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
office jesus

I love Star Trek a whole lot. I'm a trekkie. I hope Matt Damon can do James T. Kirk justice.

I hope they reconsider their casting choice and go with an unknown.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 12:15 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
intelegent purp

no way Matt Damon is playing captain kirk ? how and when did this happen ? who is Spock ? I cant believe it, you cant replace those characters, their just too iconic, is it going to be a piss take, you know like Jim carry in ace Ventura pet detective, walking around like kirk in that giant fish tank, doing sound effects for the communicator.
oh I can see it know, it will be funnier than the original, now I'm all excited and stuff cant wait to see who plays Scotty either.
mint.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 05:36 PM
intelegent purp is currently offline Click here to Send intelegent purp a Private Message Find more posts by intelegent purp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

They should go in completely other direction and present a new ship and a crew in a different time era, like 29 century, or something.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 06:51 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Count Makashi
They should go in completely other direction and present a new ship and a crew in a different time era, like 29 century, or something.

how is that a new idea? Isnt that what every star trek show did...introduce a new crew and ship? especially the next generation

Old Post May 19th, 2007 12:24 AM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am abit confuse you say star trek then you say star wars!Which are we talking about?jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:22 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
how is that a new idea? Isnt that what every star trek show did...introduce a new crew and ship? especially the next generation

Yea thats true, how about time travel. I mean, that in every episode they have to travel trough time, they have organization, which keeps time line secure.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 08:43 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Count Makashi
Yea thats true, how about time travel. I mean, that in every episode they have to travel trough time, they have organization, which keeps time line secure.

Not a bad idea but that is different than the star trek formula. However, i think the last show proves that the formula doesnt always work, id write to the star trek people if i were yousmile

Old Post May 20th, 2007 02:40 AM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Star wars is stil better!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 21st, 2007 02:51 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Tiberius
"Star Wars is probably the most influential film of my generation. It's the personification of good and evil and the way it opened up the world to space adventure, the way westerns had to our parents' generations, left an indelible imprint. So, in a way, everything that any of us does is somehow directly or indirectly affected by the experience of seeing those first three films."

J. J. Abrams

Given this quote and the fact it's a reboot of the original series as a movie which he has said was his favourite show as a child.
What can we expect?
A labour of love and something truly special?

i honestly don't know... i'm hoping for the best... star trek could do with a bit of life since enterprise finished...

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the only people who care about what trekkies think are trekkies.

mad

true though...

is matt damn really gonna be kirk? weird...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 01:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

They should just have the old characters using Computer imaging so it looks like the old series , new episodes .They have enough footage to place the characters in in any scenario. Im a "trekkie" there is no replacing William Shatner as Capt James T. Kirk ,but if i had to vote it would be the Capt. from Serenity

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 02:29 PM
Versyn Gaul is currently offline Click here to Send Versyn Gaul a Private Message Find more posts by Versyn Gaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by office jesus

laughing

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2007 07:58 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

We need Frank back being a director for the film.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 07:33 AM
The_God is currently offline Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Star trek has run out of ideas, the aliens are distinguished by some plasticine blob somewhere on their head. No real aliens anymore

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 05:15 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I hope Star Trek is able to be a good film. Hopefully nothing will be messed up.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 10:08 PM