KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
exanda kane

Ehm, I've never really enjoyed Star Trek at all, but I hope this project goes well.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 05:57 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Star trek has run out of ideas, the aliens are distinguished by some plasticine blob somewhere on their head. No real aliens anymore

huh

as the series' went on, the aliens became more and more diverse...

and the ones that are still 'two eyes, two arms and two legs', well, that was explained years ago...

as for lack of ideas? umm, no... they still publish new books regularly, and there are plenty of new aliens in those...

not to mention what enterprise did, creating new and revamping older alien species...

i don't know if replacing shatner as kirk is a good idea, i really don't... but i know i definitely don't like the idea that abrams is intent on making his own version of star trek... a re-imagining could be really bad...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 06:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

I just cant see, anyone playing Kirk, except Shatner, he made the role completely his, they should present a new crew.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 06:31 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

matt damon is playing Kirk
ben affleck is playing spock
and Kevin smith is playing scotty. laughing

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 06:52 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi

NO, Kevin Smith is the director. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 06:56 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Matt Damon could do a good job. Adrien Brody was rumoured to be playing Spock, which would be quite nice. A decent actor.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 07:58 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by exanda kane
Matt Damon could do a good job. Adrien Brody was rumoured to be playing Spock, which would be quite nice. A decent actor.

Are you serious?? he's a little wierd i think, and annoying.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 09:06 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

What bit? Damon or Brody?

Well...if you want to call Leonard Nemoy and Shatner "actors"...

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 10:37 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

What bit? Damon or Brody?

Well...if you want to call Leonard Nemoy and Shatner "actors"...

what's wrong with em? shatner was eccentric, but he did his job, and there have never been any problems with nimoy's spock as far as i've heard...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 12:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

No, of course they do well for what their roles are, but "great actors"? Not at all. darthmaul1 suggested either Matt Damon or Adrien Brody was annoying, but compared to Nimoy and Shatner? Pfft

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 09:51 AM
darthmaul1

I meant Adrien Brody was annoying.
sorry about that.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 04:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No, of course they do well for what their roles are, but "great actors"? Not at all. darthmaul1 suggested either Matt Damon or Adrien Brody was annoying, but compared to Nimoy and Shatner? Pfft

but thats it isnt it? they're good at what was required of them, thats all that can be asked...

the thing, imo, is that for so long these characters have been associated with shatner and nimoy, i think its going to be hard for any other actors to come in and make those roles their own...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 04:43 PM
exanda kane

The only people that could really make these character come alive again are going to have to be decent actors; not your run of the mill TV actor, not your ego-frenzied A lister. Damon and Adrian Brody could pull it off, in the same way Bale pulled off Bruce Wayne.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2007 05:41 PM
Count Makashi

Bale is a terrible actor, i just cant stand this guy.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 04:44 PM
exanda kane

You might not stand him, but he is probably the finest young method actor around and, as of now, his generation/

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 06:03 PM
Count Makashi

Yea, his method is sucking. The guy is terrible.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 06:50 PM
exanda kane

I will never trust your opinion again.

Christian Bale = Greatest method actor of his generation (of what we have seen of that generation).

Really, what films have you seen of his?

Batman Begins? (Voted Best Batman in most of the KMC polls) American Psycho? (Can't have if you think he's crap)
The Machinist? (Ya definitely have not seen that)
The Prestige? Shaft?

Empire of the Sun?? (he was like 13 for crying out loud!)

Really. You just have it all wrong.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:27 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

I will never trust your opinion again.

Christian Bale = Greatest method actor of his generation (of what we have seen of that generation).

Really, what films have you seen of his?

Batman Begins? (Voted Best Batman in most of the KMC polls) American Psycho? (Can't have if you think he's crap)
The Machinist? (Ya definitely have not seen that)
The Prestige? Shaft?

Empire of the Sun?? (he was like 13 for crying out loud!)

Really. You just have it all wrong.

Reign of Fire sick ...

big grin j/k i love Bale

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:36 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

There's some stinkers too! Shaft, for example, I don't consider a decent film, but Bale was bloody manic in it.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:38 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Yea Shaft was pretty bad. I agree you cant always have a perfect script, but his performaces are usually above par.

By: Juk

Old Post Jul 9th, 2007 07:40 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote