KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RussellBrooks
I can't wait for the sequel either. Do you think we'll ever see Worf or Guinan make cameo appearances in future movies? I remember Worf was in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.

Not the Next Gen Worf though. It's a Worf...this particular Worf being father of Mogh and therefore grandfather of Worf from Next Gen

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2010 12:16 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2010 06:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Start to shooting in 2011??? wayyyy to damn long.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2010 09:21 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by The Nuul
Start to shooting in 2011??? wayyyy to damn long.

as long as a good story comes about, im not worried

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 07:50 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

No different to the wait we had from Nemesis to XI. 8years we waited for star trek to be given new life lol...ages.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2010 10:16 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 06:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

encouraging.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 07:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

It'll be interesting to see where the sequel goes. Abrams has got so much to think about and go with it could go anywhere.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2010 07:38 PM
darthmaul1

Roberto Orci talked about the possibilities of seeing Khan as the villain in the sequel, although it still isn't clear who the villain will be.

I'm not sure about this? Some things should be left alone. But we will have to wait and see

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:46 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

I don't see why they would even entertain bringing Khan back. First of all, Khan is a character found through circumstance due to the turn of events in the "Alpha" timeline. Bringing Khan into the Alternative timeline would need much explaining.

Also, in my opinion, Ricardo Montalbán is the Khan. No-one could succeed the role.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 11:36 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The events of the alternate time-line wouldn't change Khan's situation, he's still be floating asleep in space on the SS Botany Bay.

I wouldn't mind if they used Khan again, except I'd like the story to change, ie not have Kirk and crew be the ones to find him. Maybe have it be the Klingons, as they have a history with the Augments already and the Augment-virus would be affecting the Klingons in Kirk's time, so the Empire searching for Khan could be feasible. I'm sure a different and still decent story could be made with Khan in it, I'm no writer though.

Said it before, Javier Bardem has great Khan potential. Guy can be charming, sauve and threatening.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 16th, 2010 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I honestly would prefer the Klingons to Kahn. I'm eager to see if it being an alternate timeline would have changed them at all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 08:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd be cool with just having the Klingons as the villains too.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 08:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly would prefer the Klingons to Kahn. I'm eager to see if it being an alternate timeline would have changed them at all.

Well, the Klingons had the Narada in custody for a few years, right? Assuming that, we could see an insanely beefed up KDF in a new movie, if they continue with that storyline. But they might ditch it so it doesn't feel like they're siphoning off the first movie too much.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 11:44 PM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Robtard
I'd be cool with just having the Klingons as the villains too.

Only problem I have with this - despite my love for the Klingons - is that all of the TMP films revolved around the Klingons too heavily. So it would literally be a repeat of TMP with slightly different back-story...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 12:04 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Only problem I have with this - despite my love for the Klingons - is that all of the TMP films revolved around the Klingons too heavily. So it would literally be a repeat of TMP with slightly different back-story...

Then what, the Romulans?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 12:33 AM
Kinneary
Ex scientia tridens

Let's be honest. We all know the second movie is going to be a tribute to the original movies or series. Probably Khan.

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the Anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England 's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during an interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America , he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 01:51 AM
Kinneary is currently offline Click here to Send Kinneary a Private Message Find more posts by Kinneary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Then what, the Romulans?

They could go with that...

But I know where people are coming from. What has Abrams got that fans of new and old can both enjoy? Well he could follow a path that's been taken but change it to suit the alternative timeline. But he could also do something completely new: new aliens; new threat; new antagonist.

I mean, just watching the first scene of XI when the Narada obliterates the Kelvin: there are already aliens that have never been seen before in ST ever. The same could be done with a new alien fleet hell-bent on galactic liberation - sorry for the bad example confused .

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 09:04 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Then what, the Romulans?

Already had them as the villains in the first. Doubt they'd want more of the same, I don't.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:48 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

as long as the trek sequel is good it doesn't matter to me who the villain is

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 11:48 PM