KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
ah...

well at least he's got the fighting part sorted...

Yes he does.

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Yes he does.

any other rumours?

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 01:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

any other rumours?

Not right now. I'll check various internet sites tonight, tomorrow and net week. I'm sure I'll find another rumor. Nice sig by the way.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 05:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Not right now. I'll check various internet sites tonight, tomorrow and net week. I'm sure I'll find another rumor. Nice sig by the way.

thx dude, you too...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 11:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by exanda kane
There's some stinkers too! Shaft, for example, I don't consider a decent film, but Bale was bloody manic in it.

Their's also American Psycho that makes up for everything because it is so brilliantly satirical.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 10:58 AM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

It appears that Tom Cruise will make a cameo appearance.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12712.html

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 09:54 PM
-Pr-

It appears that Tom Cruise will make a cameo appearance.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12712.html

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 01:23 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Leonard Nimoy will start filming in the next two months.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:23 AM
-Pr-

Leonard Nimoy will start filming in the next two months.

bout time they got started...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 10:42 PM
BinaryCleric

I'm suprised how Star Trek is still popular. I thought it died years ago..anyways, I'm in no hurry to watch this movie unless the reviews are really good and this movie comes out to be a great movie.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 01:36 AM
BinaryCleric is currently offline Click here to Send BinaryCleric a Private Message Find more posts by BinaryCleric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by BinaryCleric
I'm suprised how Star Trek is still popular. I thought it died years ago..anyways, I'm in no hurry to watch this movie unless the reviews are really good and this movie comes out to be a great movie.

Star Trek is just like Star Wars in the respect being It will always be popular no matter what. Scottish actor James McAvoy has big shoes to fill. He will be playing Scotty.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813759p1.html

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 07:22 PM
-Pr-

Star Trek is just like Star Wars in the respect being It will always be popular no matter what. Scottish actor James McAvoy has big shoes to fill. He will be playing Scotty.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/813/813759p1.html

i read that... the guy was great in last king of scotland... though it seems that abrams is just redoing the original series as a movie... i thought it was just going to be kirk and spock...

though shatner's playing kirk... teh awesome...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 01:13 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i read that... the guy was great in last king of scotland... though it seems that abrams is just redoing the original series as a movie... i thought it was just going to be kirk and spock...

though shatner's playing kirk... teh awesome...

It's supposed to be about the early days of Starfleet and how Kirk and Spock first met. But I guess with Abrams also hiring folks to play Scotty, Checkov, etc then I guess that he's trying to tell a real big story.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 07:08 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Zach Quinto talking about Heroes and Spock. Good interview.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/star...ws.php?id=36605

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 04:12 AM
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zach Quinto talking about Heroes and Spock. Good interview.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/star...ws.php?id=36605

Yup it's scoops like that that highlight the difference between quality boards and those that recycle information from other sites.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 11:14 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

It's supposed to be about the early days of Starfleet and how Kirk and Spock first met. But I guess with Abrams also hiring folks to play Scotty, Checkov, etc then I guess that he's trying to tell a real big story.

yeah, he'd better not ruin it... mad

Originally posted by Zebedee
Yup it's scoops like that that highlight the difference between quality boards and those that recycle information from other sites.

huh

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 11:59 PM
Kahless

The franchise does need something new. However, To bring back iconic characters and have others play them, may not sit well with trekkies.

ok, so i am one of those diehard trekkies, and i have to say i think going back to TOS (the orginal series) characters is a bad idea

there are just so many ways that something could go wrong and once that happens, well lets just say us trekkie types wont sit quitely and let those characters be slaugtered.

however, i also think that if it is done right, then the movie has a lot of potential and could be one of the best so far

altho i doubt it could stand up to STII: the wrath of khan, or ST: first contact.

i have to say, im pleased with the casting choice for spock.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 01:52 AM
Kahless is currently offline Click here to Send Kahless a Private Message Find more posts by Kahless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kahless
ok, so i am one of those diehard trekkies, and i have to say i think going back to TOS (the orginal series) characters is a bad idea

there are just so many ways that something could go wrong and once that happens, well lets just say us trekkie types wont sit quitely and let those characters be slaugtered.

however, i also think that if it is done right, then the movie has a lot of potential and could be one of the best so far

altho i doubt it could stand up to STII: the wrath of khan, or ST: first contact.

i have to say, im pleased with the casting choice for spock.

I agree with what you're saying. Found this on Uhura.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/816/816917p1.html

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 07:20 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 11:26 PM
-Pr-

I agree with what you're saying. Found this on Uhura.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/816/816917p1.html

ah...

The possible plot...

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070...t_revealed.html

so its going to be a canon movie without messing with trek... sounds alright...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 10:11 PM