KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread

Star Trek XI & Sequel News Thread
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I look forward to seeing J.J.'s movie. From what I have read and seen this looks like in will be a winner. I'm not sold on some of the plot points but I look forward to seeing it and watching Zach Quinto and Leonard nimoy share scenes.

Neo here is the complete cast..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 10:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Simon Pegg is Scotty? Cool. I also recently that John Cho (Harold of "Harold & Kumar) will be Sulu, and that Zachary Quinto (Sylar from "Heroes") will be Spock. I'm actually excited to see this.

Will any of the original actors make cameos?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 10:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow Spider
All mighty overlord!

I think the new actors will turn out good, hopefully... As far as I know George Takei would be the only one making a cameo.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 11:22 PM
Shadow Spider is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow Spider a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Spider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I have high hopes for the movie.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 11:24 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow Spider
I think the new actors will turn out good, hopefully... As far as I know George Takei would be the only one making a cameo.

I heard, through the grapevine, that Leonard Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols will make cameos.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 11:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
I heard, through the grapevine, that Leonard Nimoy and Nichelle Nichols will make cameos.

Matt, Nimoy filmed some scenes with Zach Quinto. I've read some rumors that George Takei may film a scene and I've also read that William Shatner may film a scene also.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 12:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

F*cking sweet!

Old Post May 1st, 2008 01:14 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Simon Pegg is Scotty? Cool. I also recently that John Cho (Harold of "Harold & Kumar) will be Sulu, and that Zachary Quinto (Sylar from "Heroes") will be Spock. I'm actually excited to see this.

Nemoy will, Shatner was going to but don't forget he was killed off so it was decided to leave him out.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:20 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I like John Cho, good choice yes

Wish it'd been Star Trek: The Next Generation though. Picard and Data

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:23 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Nemoy will, Shatner was going to but don't forget he was killed off so it was decided to leave him out.

Technically, kirk should still be inside the energy ribbon wink

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 1st, 2008 11:53 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, Shatner wanted in but very sensibly was turned down on the idea that it would be nice to have him in but a bad idea just to shoehorn him in for the sake of it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2008 01:36 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Indeed, as they said the fans would just see it as a way of getting shatner in the movie.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 01:39 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

seeing him and nimoy on screen together would be worth it, imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 1st, 2008 02:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

k, from now on this is the official thread for the new movie...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 04:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Raoul
seeing him and nimoy on screen together would be worth it, imo...

Yes it would be.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 07:22 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Found this about ten minutes ago...J.J. talking about Trek..

Yahoo movies caught up to him..

quote:
The director stated, "It was an opportunity to take what I think has been a maligned world - to sound crass, a franchise - and treat it in a way that made it something that I wanted to see. To take the characters, the thoughtfulness, the personalities, the sense of adventure, the idea of humanity working together, the sense of social commentary and innovation, all that stuff. To take it and apply it in a way that felt genuinely thrilling."

Abrams claims that he was never a rabid fan of the Star Trek series, explaining, "The whole point was to try to make this movie for fans of movies, not fans of Star Trek, necessarily. If you're a fan, we've got one of the writers who's a devout Trekker, so we were able to make sure we were serving the people who are completely enamored with Star Trek. But we are not making the movie for that contingent alone."

He continued, saying, "You can't really make a movie for them. As soon as you start to guess what you think they are going to want to see, you're in trouble. You have to make the movie in many ways for what you want to see yourself, make a movie you believe in. Then you're not second-guessing an audience you don't really have an understanding of."

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on May 1st, 2008 at 09:50 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Found this about ten minutes ago...J.J. talking about Trek..

Yahoo movies caught up to him..

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:55 PM
BetrayedUnicorn
...its science,dear

could be very good or very bad...dont know yet.

-Saint Nicholas-

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:54 PM
BetrayedUnicorn is currently offline Click here to Send BetrayedUnicorn a Private Message Find more posts by BetrayedUnicorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

My instincts tell me that the movie will be good, but for the franchise...bad, i dont think going back and putting your style to the classsic star trek is what the franchise needs,nor do i, i have no interest in going to a movie and paying hard earned money to see a rehashed star trek with kirk and crew...it is sad that i will probably watch a bootleg and never see it in a movie theater...now i would go see a DS9,Voyager,or a next generation movie without hesitation.....i think the strength of star trek, was its ability to expand and move foward not go back and rehash..but when i do see it i will keep an open mind...i can do that much at least

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 5th, 2008 04:44 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Most of the public wouldn't just go and see a DS9 or Voyager movie though, so perhaps he has a point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote