KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney discussion thread

Darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney discussion thread
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (172): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I say yay. Which means you want to ban Super-Adaptoid and Mimic. And probably Black Alice too.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:46 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Mid-Tier
Colossus, Thing, Starfire, Thing, Abomination, Wonder Man, Ghost Rider, Rogue, Maul, Ms. Marvel, Blastaar, Captain Britain, Cyborg, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Guardian I, Classic Nova, Deathlok, Speedfreek, She-Hulk, Atom Smasher, War Machine, Human Torch, The Tick, Thunderstrike, Toxin, Lightning Lad, Havok, Omega Red, Beast Boy, Box, The Flash I (Jay Garrick), Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Atlas, Mister Hyde, Attuma, Thunder, Grace Choi, Shift, Power Girl, Aegis, Mary Marvel, Bishop, Crystal, Electro, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Emma Frost, Firehawk, Bombshell, Black Canary, Steel, Booster Gold, Psylocke, Rachel Summers, Nico Minoru, Death's Head II, Northstar, Aurora, Vance Astro, Tombstone, Klaw, Radioactive Man, Modok, Jenny Sparks, Elijah Snow, Ambrose Chase, Jakita Wagner, Terra, Blink, Blue Devil Morlun, Blob, Juggernaut(Depowered), Darkstar, Century, Rom, Vanguard, Charcoal, Balder, Machine Man, Moonstone, Wizard, Cloak, Kymaera/Namorita, Rage, Black Tarantula, Osiris

A good portion of that list looks like someone just dumped our (GLA's) potential picks from DL's tourney into it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:50 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Scoobless
I'd like to suggest that a no power copying rule be put in.

If you go out of your way to create a monster character and some one else just takes two randoms (ie: Rhino & Psylocke) and a power copier as their third, they essentially get 5 characters powers when they mimic the other guy.

Yay or nay?

I'm hesitant to ban power copying outright because I don't want to limit the creative freedom of the participants to much, but I will try to come up with some details as to what is and isn't allowed in that regard. But power copying from your opponent is DEFINITELY not allowed.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:52 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
A good portion of that list looks like someone just dumped our (GLA's) potential picks from DL's tourney into it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Christ, they even picked up a few obscure ones (that I never mentioned)

*slightly miffed*

Anyway, I'll do what I can but I've been putting in time-and-a-half on life and it won't let up for at least a few weeks.

Good luck though.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:52 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I say yay. Which means you want to ban Super-Adaptoid and Mimic. And probably Black Alice too.

I was meaning characters like Super-Adaptoid who can copy whoever he faces.

Mimic would be ok as he can only copy mutants at half power and would have to dump an ability he already has to do so.

BA is Spectre level and should never have been in consideration for this (or any other) tourney.

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:53 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I still say we should ban Mimic and super adaptoid. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that the list is messed up. laughing

Didn't know about BA. She was just the only copycat I could think of from DC. whistle

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:54 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Goober, look that list over again.

This is the latest version of it.

Mid-Tier
Colossus, Thing, Starfire, Thing, Abomination, Wonder Man, Ghost Rider, Rogue, Maul, Ms. Marvel, Blastaar, Captain Britain, Cyborg, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Guardian I, Classic Nova, Deathlok, Speedfreek, She-Hulk, Atom Smasher, War Machine, Human Torch, The Tick, Thunderstrike, Toxin, Lightning Lad, Havok, Omega Red, Beast Boy, Box, The Flash I (Jay Garrick), Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Atlas, Mister Hyde, Attuma, Thunder, Grace Choi, Shift, Power Girl, Aegis, Mary Marvel, Bishop, Crystal, Electro, Jean Grey (sans Phoenix), Emma Frost, Firehawk, Bombshell, Black Canary, Steel, Booster Gold, Psylocke, Rachel Summers, Nico Minoru, Death's Head II, Northstar, Aurora, Vance Astro, Tombstone, Klaw, Radioactive Man, Modok, Jenny Sparks, Elijah Snow, Ambrose Chase, Jakita Wagner, Terra, Blink, Blue Devil Morlun, Blob, Juggernaut(Depowered), Darkstar, Century, Rom, Vanguard, Charcoal, Balder, Machine Man, Moonstone, Wizard, Cloak, Kymaera/Namorita, Rage, Black Tarantula, Osiris

I see some serious problems with this list...........

I see several also, which I'll probably address later in an updated list of banned characters. Anyone that people feel is inappropriate can be PM'd to me(along with the reasons as to why) and I'll go over everything with the people helping me before I make a call on them.

But keep in mind that Iron Man IS a lot more powerful than many give him credit for, so many characters who SEEM to be over the caps really aren't.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 10:57 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Havok, Electro, Guardian, and possibly Booster Gold should be kicked. The Tick.............dicey. He's completely invulnerable, isn't he?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:01 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Havok, Electro, Guardian, and possibly Booster Gold should be kicked. The Tick.............dicey. He's completely invulnerable, isn't he?

no expression

You really underestimate Ironman if you think those guys should be kicked. (Havok???)

Also, I am kind of confused. Are you saying I could take the body of She-Hulk, the Mind of Tony Stark (therefore also having his amour), and the powers of Invisible Woman?

What about say, the powers of Spiderman? Would I need his body, or would it fall under powers?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Apr 5th, 2007 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:05 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Well, current Havok anyway. Apparently according to Mr. Master, Havok is the nexus of realities. He's a god damn abstract. We had a huge shit fit about Guardian last time, I don't want to go through one again. And sans CIS, in an amalgam, Electro's powers are too good. Booster and the Tick, I dunno.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:08 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Also, I am kind of confused. Are you saying I could take the body of She-Hulk, the Mind of Tony Stark (therefore also having his amour), and the powers of Invisible Woman?

What about say, the powers of Spiderman? Would I need his body, or would it fall under powers?

Yeah you could take that combo(or one like it) if you wanted.

Spidey's abilities would be spit between powers and body. Strength, speed and agility would fall under body, but wall crawling, organic webs, stingers, and spider sense would all fall under powers.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:13 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Electro's powers hardly ever stop him form being curbstomped by Spider-Man or Venom types .... hell, the guy used to be afraid of Doc Ock.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:14 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Well, current Havok anyway. Apparently according to Mr. Master, Havok is the nexus of realities. He's a god damn abstract. We had a huge shit fit about Guardian last time, I don't want to go through one again. And sans CIS, in an amalgam, Electro's powers are too good. Booster and the Tick, I dunno.

Guardian is not a problem. You just THINK he is erm

Ironman is more versatile. Whatever. And Havok? It didnt change his power level no expression

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:15 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Tick has other weaknesses. He's sweet as hell, but anyone who takes him is screwed....no point in banning him.

Guardian should be fine...there were insane PIS circumstances for that Galactus feat, and otherwise he's fine. Box, Mar-Vell, Engineer were the big "controversies" last tourney.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I still say we should ban Mimic and super adaptoid. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that the list is messed up. laughing

Didn't know about BA. She was just the only copycat I could think of from DC. whistle

Super Adaptoid is banned for sure, and Mimic in all likelihood will be as soon as I look into his abilities some more.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:17 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

You really underestimate Ironman if you think those guys should be kicked. (Havok???)

what do you mean, blair? don't you know that everyone here at the kmc is an expert and knows exactly how and where everyone should be placed in terms of tiers and powerlevels?

i swear to gawd -- between that embarrassment of a tournament last month and the whiners regarding that list thread (which everyone was more than welcome to add to and comment on, btw) this forum has taken a nasty downward spiral of late.

if you're not part of the solution . . .

goob -- it sounds cool, like i told you in the pm's. i'm still a bit unclear in regards to the armor/equipment rules but frankly, i'm not sure you'll be able to handle some of the babies who will want in, nor am i sure it will actually get going. based on some of what i've seen of late, it will fall apart in the drafting process or the whining will reach a point where you simply shut it down.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:18 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Maybe it would be simpler to merely cut out the mind/body/power catagories and just let people mix the characters as is.

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:20 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
what do you mean, blair? don't you know that everyone here at the kmc is an expert and knows exactly how and where everyone should be placed in terms of tiers and powerlevels?

oh.....right confused

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:21 PM
Papa Smurph
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only problem I see on that list is Emma Frost, who gets supremely underrated because Cassandra Nova likes to **** with her head.

Klaw and Mary Marvel are pretty underrated too but I see why they are there.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:32 PM
Papa Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Papa Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Papa Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Alright I guess it's best to handle these one by one...
goob -- it sounds cool, like i told you in the pm's.

smokin'

i'm still a bit unclear in regards to the armor/equipment rules[/B][/QUOTE]
What don't you understand? PM me a scenario if you have something in mind but don't want to make it public. Or just ask here for general clarification.

but frankly, i'm not sure you'll be able to handle some of the babies who will want in, nor am i sure it will actually get going.

Oh I can handle the babies. I'm a pretty patient guy but I'm not afraid to tell them that it's my call and that's the end of it if it becomes necessary. And as for whether or not it gets going...hey maybe maybe not. If there's not enough interest for it to get off the ground then it won't it's that simple.

based on some of what i've seen of late, it will fall apart in the drafting process or the whining will reach a point where you simply shut it down.

Don't worry about that. I've got some good people helping me with stuff like character eligibility and I'm great at ignoring whiners, so I feel at least moderately confident in my chances of getting this thing off the ground. smile

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 11:34 PM