KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney discussion thread

Darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney discussion thread
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (172): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Maybe it would be simpler to merely cut out the mind/body/power catagories and just let people mix the characters as is.

embarrasment

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 01:11 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

If Trickers signing up i'll be participating too.

Now Goober,take nothin Tricker says into consideration,this is an evil ploy of his to destroy your tourney.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 01:13 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Kiss my ass martian. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 01:15 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

You won't be saying that when your characters lying in a pool of blood before mine begging for mercy.

If thats a scenario you can easily picture it's because thats how all our debates end up,cept we substitute the characters.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 01:24 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Ump-bay

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Is this an individual tournament, pairs or team?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 08:53 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Probably individual...no need to have 2 people arguing for 1 amalgam.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 09:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Probably individual...no need to have 2 people arguing for 1 amalgam.

Shut up embarrasment Damn you and your common sense stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 09:05 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Can we get a team instead of 1 or two people? Please, please please please. It would be more fun with teams instead of just one person.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 09:45 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Can we get a team instead of 1 or two people? Please, please please please. It would be more fun with teams instead of just one person.

But it wouldn't make any sense . . .

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 09:47 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

So do two amalgam characters. evil face Might complicate things, but think of the combos...........

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 09:48 PM
Citizen V.

Hump de Bump!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 11:14 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I agree with Leo some of the whiners will ruin some of it but a good director and some helping judges should keep it going.

And as long as most of the Tourney people are civil about it.

I think many people are forgetting many tourney drafts before all had some of the same bickering as DL's did.

The difference the two things I stated about people being civil and good director.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:44 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Just so everyone knows, I'll probably be posting the sign up thread Monday for those that are interested. The reason I haven't posted it yet is because I want to make sure that everyone is fully aware of the rules before entering to reduce the number of potential misunderstandings down the line.

Also, I know I haven't been posting much in this thread up till now, but I DO check it(quite often in fact) so if anyone has any questions about the tourney just post them here or PM them to me.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 07:59 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

in.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 09:03 PM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Bump.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2007 06:22 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Bump again, since I just posted the signup thread.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:01 AM
hunbu04

is hercules included in this tourney

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:33 AM
hunbu04 is currently offline Click here to Send hunbu04 a Private Message Find more posts by hunbu04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by hunbu04
is hercules included in this tourney

No he's just a little to high on the totem pole for this tournament.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 12:48 AM
darthgoober

RULES UPDATE!!!!!

Ok people, in response to the dissatisfaction in regards to the last tournament going under, I’ve decided to host one of my own. So everyone get ready for….

DARTHGOOBER’S AMALGAM TOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!(Sorry, had to take a moment to poke fun at batdude but I‘m better now. Put the gun down bats, it was just a joke stick out tongue )

Alright now this is going to be a 3 character amalgam tournament, and it will be following a slightly different format than what everyone is used to so PAY ATTENTION. Everyone will select 3 characters to represent the Mind/Body/Powers of the finished amalgam. Now here’s where it gets tricky…

The "Body" character supplies any PHYSICAL powers and characteristics(strength, durability, agility, adamantium skeleton, etc.). ANY powers that aren’t purely physical, will be considered to be turned off for match purposes(including flight, energy blast, etc).

The "Mind" character supplies all of the mental characteristics(things like fighting skills, technical knowledge, and any learned abilities like sorcery, Dr. Druids mental powers, Iron Fist's powers or any other powers that come strictly from training) and also the "Mind" character is the source for any potential equipment(like Iron Man's armor, or Cable's weapons) but again nothing else. Keep in mind that only psi abilities that are the result of training fall into this category, the abilities of mutant psi’s and the like fall under the heading of the “Powers” category.

The "Powers" character contributes any powers that don't fit into either of the above categories(things like Firestar’s, Psylock’s, or Invisible Woman’s powers). The character has full use of anything that falls into the power category though, even if the "Mind" character has no experience with it so to speak.

For instance….
You draft She Hulk for your “Body” character, Witchblade as your “Mind” character, and Invisible Woman as your “Powers you’d have a character with She Hulk’s strength/durability/etc., Witchblade’s fighting abilities and skills(along with full access to the powers of the Witchblade itself), and all the powers of IW added to that.

Now on to the actual rules of this thing(most of this is borrowed from batdude and Evangel)

1. This is going to be an Iron Man level event like the last one(meaning that your selected characters can be AS powerful as non Extremis Iron Man, as long as there not MORE powerful than he is overall) since that was what everyone was hyped to participate in, but I plan on being A LOT more strict in regards to character selection than DL was. In fact(before it becomes an issue) consider the following people banned from character selection…

Mar-Vell
Super Skrull
Dr. Light
Dr. Doom

More will be added to that list as I identify characters as being to powerful. I know it seems as though I plan on being a dick about who’s allowed but I assure you that I have good reason. After the initial character selection, NO CAPS will be put into place in regards to how powerful your completed amalgam is allowed to become. The way I see it, if you can come up with a way to have 3 characters who are legitimately Iron Man level combine to create someone who equals a sky father after prep, then you deserve the chance to show that level of intelligence and creativity off to the rest of the forum.

2. The following moves/techniques are barred for tourney purposes…

No time manipulation..
No Absorbing powers that injure the absorbed character (IE., Rogue)
No Telepathic mind shutdowns (IE., Jean Grey causing a foe to think themselves into death, or simply pass out)
No Offensive organic matter manipulation (IE., Sersi turning a foe into a pig)
• Manipulating one's own organic matter to heal, or regenerate lost body parts is acceptable
No death touches/stares/blasts/etc (IE., Decay making a foe's body break down)
No Reality warping (IE., Franklin Richards bending the time-space continuum to suit his will)
No Multiplying (IE., the Multiple Man)
No On-the-fly adaptation (IE., Doomsday's ability to come back from the dead immune to whatever killed him)
No Mind/body swapping (IE., Doctor Doom's mind transfer)
No Mind control (IE., Emma Frost taking over a foe's mind and having him kill himself, etc.)
• A mental attack on an opponent is allowed though.

3. Independent Constructs- Up to 2 independent constructs are acceptable. The independent constructs themselves must be BELOW Iron Man level. These constructs can also be made during the prep time.

4. 10 minutes of prep time will be available before each match. You can do pretty much anything you want during prep as long as you don’t attack or spy on the other team.

5. Digi’s NO FREAKIN LOOPHOLES rule will be in full effect for this tourney. It will be strictly enforced so don’t bother trying to convince me that a character is under the caps just because there’s no proof that they’re over. Common sense will be the true cap for this thing, and if anyone somehow sneaks and drafts a character that’s to powerful into their amalgam, they’ll be disqualified IMMEDIATELY(and I don’t care if I don’t notice until the finals have started, the match will be closed and you’ll be declared the loser).

6(Add on). No "Special Versions" of characters. So no Keeper's, no Earth X Absorbing Man's, no All Star Supes(All of which are WAY to high for this tourney, but you get the point). Also, picks must have at least 10 appearances to be eligible.

These rules will likely be expanded on as the need arises, but that’s what we have up to this point.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:20 AM