KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ranks for MAs

Ranks for MAs
Started by: Alfheim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (143): « First ... « 139 140 [141] 142 143 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
All this amounts to is: "Deadpool has the edge over Taskmaster, but he's not better.".

Obviously, this makes as much sense as a solar powered flashlight.

No man you missed the point. This is an MA ranking for MA skill DP did not beat him with MA skill therefore that doesnt mean hes neccesarily a better martial artist.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 04:29 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, but you are missing the point.

If Taskmaster mimiced Shang Chi, would you then suggest he's as good as Shang Chi?

You're rating Taskmaster off powers and abilities that are not his own. He was as good as Deadpool because he was mimicing Deadpool. Had he not, he'd have been whooped. He's not as good a martial artist as Deadpool on his OWN merit. If he was, he'd not mimic him.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:23 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

is AC still argueing that DP is top tier MA based off feats thay DP achieved not due to superior skill, but due to his powers/other characters lack of theres.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:41 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yes, but you are missing the point.

If Taskmaster mimiced Shang Chi, would you then suggest he's as good as Shang Chi?

...yeah. Hell he was copying DD and stalemating him.

You're rating Taskmaster off powers and abilities that are not his own. He was as good as Deadpool because he was mimicing Deadpool. Had he not, he'd have been whooped. He's not as good a martial artist as Deadpool on his OWN merit. If he was, he'd not mimic him.

-AC

Not sure if that matters even if he is copying people its still martial art skill not cookery and this is a martial art thread. No offense I got no problem with you using this argument but its kinda like you forgot the previous one and moved on to another. You stated that DP beat him, the point still stands tha DP didnt beat him with martial art skill, so why is DP better?

Also it seems that Taskmaster was actually better because he was kicking DP's arse.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
is AC still argueing that DP is top tier MA based off feats thay DP achieved not due to superior skill, but due to his powers/other characters lack of theres.

I think so...kinda. Im discussing DP vs Taskmaster my point is DP didnt beat TM with MA skill.

Last edited by Deadline on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:42 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

You haven't read it? So then get onto that. Don't judge if you haven't got a bloody clue what you're talking about. Bullseye shot Deadpool through the head with an arrow, underestimated his healing and ended up getting a meat hook through the chest. Deadpool killed him with battle cunning, outsmarted him.

I havent read there newest fight however I did read there first fight inwhich DP got his throat slitt by a straw from bulleye.

how does Deadpool getting shot in the head with an arrow and winning through healing factor and damage soak make him a better fighter then bulleye?

seen Wolverine fight Deadpool multiple times where Wolverine couldn't so much as get a shot in, one of the times Deadpool dodged him and shoved blades through his side. He has beaten Wolverine, and would have beaten him in yet another encounter if he wasn't distracted.

your full of crap that has never happen in a fight between the to let a lone many times........

no idea what jibberish your even talking about in the last line.

smacked Goliath into Hercules and made them look like fools.

You guys need to brush up on the reading, because guesswork isn't good.

-AC

No he made Goliath look foolish who not even closes to being a top tier in skill or even skilled at all for that matter.

this coming from the guy who been exggerating events and spinning them in Deadpool favor when they werent to the point of possibly making things up.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:55 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Phantom Zone

I think so...kinda. Im discussing DP vs Taskmaster my point is DP didnt beat TM with MA skill.

I am pretty sure he is too. Yea DP to my knowledge has beaten TM at best once due to skill and even then his powers came into play to achieve the win

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 07:58 PM
Deadline

I am pretty sure he is too. Yea DP to my knowledge has beaten TM at best once due to skill and even then his powers came into play to achieve the win

Ok but im refering to their first fight.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 08:06 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Ok but im refering to their first fight.

oh I agree completely. DP has not beat him through skill, but rather powers and that DP should remain were he is, which is below taskmaster

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 08:08 PM
Deadline

oh I agree completely. DP has not beat him through skill, but rather powers and that DP should remain were he is, which is below taskmaster

To tell you the truth I forgot about that but my main point is when DP kicked Tms arse thats wasnt MA skill but DP's insane ganuis.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 08:12 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

To tell you the truth I forgot about that but my main point is when DP kicked Tms arse thats wasnt MA skill but DP's insane ganuis.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 08:37 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by iceman24567
Deadpool is physically superior to Taskmaster yes i agree. Nobody will agree with Deadpool being in the same tier as Richard Dragon, Shang Chi, Iron Fist, Lady Shiva ect he just isn't on their level.
This

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 09:03 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure if that matters even if he is copying people its still martial art skill not cookery and this is a martial art thread. No offense I got no problem with you using this argument but its kinda like you forgot the previous one and moved on to another. You stated that DP beat him, the point still stands tha DP didnt beat him with martial art skill, so why is DP better?

Also it seems that Taskmaster was actually better because he was kicking DP's arse.

It SEEMS? What's all this nonsense? "It seems...", "From what I remember...".

He had the upper hand because he has an extraordinarily unique power and Deadpool hadn't experienced it, nor was he concentrating. He didn't "kick" his ass due to being a better martial artist. You say Deadpool didn't use M.A. skill, well then neither did Taskmaster. He just caught Deadpool by surprise.

When the ground was even, Deadpool beat him. Taskmaster acknowledged this.

Point is, if you're not gonna move Deadpool up, fine. Then move Taskmaster down. He isn't a great martial artist on his own merit, he copies. The only reason he could go at it with Deadpool was because he copied him.

Deadpool is a great combatant even without his healing factor. To one degree or another, he's a martial arts expert.

I have the comics literally next to me. You've either not read, or you misremember.

If that's the case, summon some logic, will ya?

Deadpool didn't LOSE, at worst he was stalemated. Why? Because Taskmaster copied him. So Deadpool essentially stalemated himself. As I said, if you won't move Deadpool up for beating him, move Taskmaster down.

I havent read there newest fight however I did read there first fight inwhich DP got his throat slitt by a straw from bulleye.

how does Deadpool getting shot in the head with an arrow and winning through healing factor and damage soak make him a better fighter then bulleye?

Go read the fight. Until you do, do not comment. Don't pick one fight in which Bullseye gave Deadpool a scratch. Go read the ones where Bullseye has tried his best to hit Deadpool only to get owned, go read the ones where he got completely suckered in and then received a meat hook through his chest for his trouble (With Deadpool walking away, not Bullseye).

your full of crap that has never happen in a fight between the to let a lone many times........

no idea what jibberish your even talking about in the last line.

It's never happened? It's in the same issue that he uppercuts Kitty Pryde. Do you even read the comics? You're a fool. Wolverine stabbed him as he got distracted, but he generally had Wolverine where he wanted him. Jumping through hoops.

Also, go read Wolverine annual '99. Deadpool kicks him away, and pins him to the wall with his swords. Wolverine isn't even phasing him. In Wolverine's OWN comic.

Stop denying what you haven't even read. It only makes you look dumb.

this coming from the guy who been exggerating events and spinning them in Deadpool favor when they werent to the point of possibly making things up.

I love the way you say "possibly" making things up.

Why possibly? Oh, because you've never read the damn comics to even know if I'm lying.

Go read them, then I'll take you seriously. If you haven't read them by three days from now, I'll scan them OR take pics of them.

Either way, you're the one who's gonna end up looking dumb.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:14 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Go read the fight. Until you do, do not comment. Don't pick one fight in which Bullseye gave Deadpool a scratch. [/B]

Little scratch he slit his throat with a straw………DP would be dead if not for his healing factor.

Go read the ones where Bullseye has tried his best to hit Deadpool only to get owned, go read the ones where he got completely suckered in and then received a meat hook through his chest for his trouble (With Deadpool walking away, not Bullseye).
[/B]

………DP would have been dead if not for his healing factor he got shot in the head what the hell don’t you get?

It's never happened? It's in the same issue that he uppercuts Kitty Pryde. Do you even read the comics? You're a fool. Wolverine stabbed him as he got distracted, but he generally had Wolverine where he wanted him. Jumping through hoops. [/B]

Lol your questioning me on wolverine that’s priceless. You said DP has gone untouched in multiable fights with wolverine which was utter bullshit, even in the example you gave DP got hit quite a few times and that was the best DP ever done against him in skill. The issue is deadpool 27

Also, go read Wolverine annual '99. Deadpool kicks him away, and pins him to the wall with his swords. Wolverine isn't even phasing him. In Wolverine's OWN comic.
[/B]

Wolverine was kicking DP ass from one end of the roof top to the other, if not for DP HF he be dead. Like I said you keep spinning events to sound like DP did far better then he did.

Stop denying what you haven't even read. It only makes you look dumb.
[/B]

No it makes you look dumb to state things about issues that are completely inaccurate and to pretend like me of all people haven’t read an issue concerning wolverine it laughable.

I love the way you say "possibly" making things up.

Why possibly? Oh, because you've never read the damn comics to even know if I'm lying.

Go read them, then I'll take you seriously. If you haven't read them by three days from now, I'll scan them OR take pics of them.

Either way, you're the one who's gonna end up looking dumb.

-AC [/B]

No I was trying to be nice, but yea your full of shit. You are eggerating events and completely making up others, like wolverine in many fights has been unable to hit DP the entrie fight which is utter bull shit. In almost every single fight Logan has out fought DP.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:35 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Little scratch he slit his throat with a straw………DP would be dead if not for his healing factor.

Bullseye wouldn't have hit him without his ability to throw weapons. Don't take away one guy's reasonable abilities as if it's cheating.

………DP would have been dead if not for his healing factor he got shot in the head what the hell don’t you get?

I love how you are lecturing me on a character whose comics I own every one of, ever, and you don't read. It's adorable.

Lol your questioning me on wolverine that’s priceless. You said DP has gone untouched in multiable fights with wolverine which was utter bullshit, even in the example you gave DP got hit quite a few times and that was the best DP ever done against him in skill. The issue is deadpool 27

Funny how you know the issue NOW, Google is lovely isn't it? Good for; cheap tickets, finding old friends, bullshitting your way through a comics debate, in so far as scans/pics get involved. What are you going to do then?

It doesn't matter if Deadpool got hit, what matters is who had the better showing or victory. Deadpool has had as many against Wolverine. Wolverine certainly isn't better than Deadpool in fighting ability, in his abilities to win fights by fighting them. Wolverine is just hyped more, and seeing as you are a Wolverine fanboy, the worst kind of fanboy, I realise now what I am up against.

Wolverine was kicking DP ass from one end of the roof top to the other, if not for DP HF he be dead. Like I said you keep spinning events to sound like DP did far better then he did.

If not for Wolverine's unbreakable skeleton and healing factor, HE'D be dead. So how far are you willing to go with this premise?

Deadpool pinned the man against the wall and left him screaming in his own comic. What do you have to say to that?

No it makes you look dumb to state things about issues that are completely inaccurate and to pretend like me of all people haven’t read an issue concerning wolverine it laughable.

Panic? Fear?

These are the only two reasons I can deduce for you talking out of your ass crack.

When I bring scans back here in a few days, just remember, I like my foot kissed in a circular motion, no tongue.

You are the one saying, openly, that you hadn't read the issues, you didn't know what I was talking about until you went and Googled it. Hence why you said it was "probably" fake, because you didn't know. You knew it COULD be true, but you hadn't read it, so you didn't wanna say it was fake for sure, knowing that if it WAS true, I'd have scans. Stop being a fool.

I've been here, at this kind of thing, a lot longer than you. I know the signs. You're backpedalling faster than a nervous unicyclist.

No I was trying to be nice, but yea your full of shit. You are eggerating events and completely making up others, like wolverine in many fights has been unable to hit DP the entrie fight which is utter bull shit. In almost every single fight Logan has out fought DP.

You haven't read "almost every fight", so how do you know? You didn't know that Deadpool fought Wolverine, dodged him and then punctured his side with claws...until I told you.

So what exactly are you running on here, besides home-made methane gas?

Now I KNOW that despite the facts, he'll never be over Wolverine, not on this site. At least put him over Taskmaster or bring Taskmaster down. Why is he on the same level as Punisher? He battered Punisher.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 12:43 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Bullseye wouldn't have hit him without his ability to throw weapons. Don't take away one guy's reasonable abilities as if it's cheating.

[/B]

Through training he received it, it was not given to him there completely different.

I love how you are lecturing me on a character whose comics I own every one of, ever, and you don't read. It's adorable.

Funny how you know the issue NOW, Google is lovely isn't it? Good for; cheap tickets, finding old friends, bullshitting your way through a comics debate, in so far as scans/pics get involved. What are you going to do then?
[/B]

Lol whats funny is you think I don’t read DP.

Lol you want the scans just ask dipshit I have them.

It doesn't matter if Deadpool got hit, what matters is who had the better showing or victory. Deadpool has had as many against Wolverine. Wolverine certainly isn't better than Deadpool in fighting ability, in his abilities to win fights by fighting them. Wolverine is just hyped more, and seeing as you are a Wolverine fanboy, the worst kind of fanboy, I realise now what I am up against.

[/B]

No it does matter if DP got hit when you directly stated he dident which makes you a liar.

No victory does not matter, what matter in this thread is who show superior combat skill which you clearly cant grasp.

Hell DP with on sided prep and Logan holding back was getting his ass kick in melee combat in there last three issue fight.

If not for Wolverine's unbreakable skeleton and healing factor, HE'D be dead. So how far are you willing to go with this premise?

[/B]

Differences wolverine has beaten Top tier MA with out needing to rely on either of thoses abilities.

Deadpool pinned the man against the wall and left him screaming in his own comic. What do you have to say to that?
[/B]

How about you actually explain the context? Logan was beating the shit out of deadpool from one end of the roof to the other DP was finally able to throw his sword which stabbed into wolverine only becauses wolverine saw a were wolf behind DP which is what he was scream to DP who then got his ass kick by the werewolf.

I've been here, at this kind of thing, a lot longer than you. I know the signs. You're backpedalling faster than a nervous unicyclist.
[/B]

No you really haven’t. Ive been on this forum much much longer.

You haven't read "almost every fight", so how do you know? You didn't know that Deadpool fought Wolverine, dodged him and then punctured his side with claws...until I told you.

[/B]

I have read every fight actually between the two, I just had no idea what the hell you were talking all that came out was jibberish

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:11 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol whats funny is you think I don’t read DP.

Lol you want the scans just ask dipshit I have them.

You didn't know multiple instances I was talking about, and you claim to read Deadpool? What a liar.

I have scans of comics I don't own. I OWN every 616 Deadpool appearance ever, why would I ever want scans FROM you? Why would you deny the events happened, imply I made them up and then do a U-Turn and claim you have scans?

Odd man.

No it does matter if DP got hit when you directly stated he dident which makes you a liar.

You were arguing against Deadpool winning, though. So hit or not, Deadpool has beaten Wolverine. My MAIN argument still trumps yours.

He's beaten him in his own comic, man.

No victory does not matter, what matter in this thread is who show superior combat skill which you clearly cant grasp.

If Wolverine has been beaten by Deadpool without Deadpool using distractions, why is he not being treated as such?

Hell DP with on sided prep and Logan holding back was getting his ass kick in melee combat in there last three issue fight.

Differences wolverine has beaten Top tier MA with out needing to rely on either of thoses abilities.

Yes, but Wolverine will ALWAYS have the edge because he is barely EVER going to be over-written, is he?

Deadpool is fortunate enough to have victories over the man at all. Not because he is less of a fighter, because he isn't, but because writers won't put hardly anyone over Wolverine now. If they do, you go crying to Marvel.

As for the three issue fight, you mean Wolverine: Origins? The ass kicking happened until Deadpool asked Wolverine if they were fighting for real. Then what happened? It ended with Wolverine being wounded more brutally than his healing factor could cope with, and he couldn't do the same to Deadpool. Hence why, after Deadpool stabbed him right through the side, and under the chin, Logan woke up chained like a *****, with Deadpool mocking him.

It even says so in the synopsis of issue 23, I believe; "Deadpool won".

How about you actually explain the context? Logan was beating the shit out of deadpool from one end of the roof to the other DP was finally able to throw his sword which stabbed into wolverine only becauses wolverine saw a were wolf behind DP which is what he was scream to DP who then got his ass kick by the werewolf.

How was he? He took Deadpool by surprise, Deadpool dived off the roof with him, slamming him into the floor below, then when Wolverine tried to distance himself, Deadpool pinned him to the wall.

No you really haven’t. Ive been on this forum much much longer.

I wasn't aware that 2006 came before 2004, when I joined. I was here for a good three or more years of my membership, almost exclusively.

I have read every fight actually between the two, I just had no idea what the hell you were talking all that came out was jibberish

No, you're just a rotten liar who keeps getting countered at every turn because you, like so many here, over-look the fact that one day someone will come along and not stand for the fact that you haven't read the stuff.

That's the problem with this tier system. There are more Marvel characters than there are people who have experienced their stories. I know and own more Deadpool knowledge than anybody on this forum, fact.

Unless someone else here owns all of his appearances, ever. I would NEVER place a character in a tier unless I was massively aware of his capabilities.

Hence, I've read all of his fights with Wolverine too, and Wolverine has lost the fight more than once in his own comic. Of course he gives a good showing, he's Wolverine. He still loses, by being out fought, out punished.

Anyway, Wolverine may deserve to be higher because he's the writers' fav, and as a result, has had better showings against higher tier people.

My argument was that Deadpool is superior to Taskmaster and the Punisher. Either push Deadpool up, or bring the Taskmaster down.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:37 AM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Taskmaster doesn't deserve to go down.

In pure MA skill, he is above Deadpool.

Deadpool is good, but Tasky has studied damn near every cape on Earth, along with knowing dozens of other martial arts and skills.

The one fight Deadpool has won without equipment or needing his healing factor was the one where he danced at Tasky, and KO'd him quickly b/c DP has above peak human strength- Not a showing of great MA skill.

The first fight he got shot in the face, the handcuffed fight Taskmaster shoved a sword through his chest, DP won b/c of his HF.

Also, he may be in the same class as Punisher, but not everyone in those tiers is equal, I mean, Nightwing is in tier 2 as well...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 08:22 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Based on Tasky's OWN ability, is he tier 2? No.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:00 PM
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Based on Tasky's OWN ability, is he tier 2? No.

-AC

What do you mean?

His "own" ability is made up of all the moves and techniques he has recorded from all the various fighters he has witnessed is it not?

He is top tier.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 01:03 PM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Warrior18
What do you mean?

His "own" ability is made up of all the moves and techniques he has recorded from all the various fighters he has witnessed is it not?

He is top tier.

Then how is that his own M.A. ability?

If I copy your homework, I'm gonna get the same academic praise as you, if you're good. Does it make me as smart? No.

Taskmaster is "as good" as whoever he copies, right? Well then why assume he is as good as the best? Why not assume he copies Mary Jane one day? Why are you assuming that he's going to copy the best?

He's a blank slate. He has the ABILITY to stalemate people, but that's not default, so I do not think he should have a default place at top tier. He should just be noted as having whatever place he chooses to mimic. Not any ONE default place, because if he's not mimicing anyone, he's not that great.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 03:40 PM