KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Ranks for MAs

Ranks for MAs
Started by: Alfheim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (143): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

What has Stick done to place him on his own level?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:10 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
(please log in to view the image)

thats mean literrally nothing. That does not make him wolverine or capt superior in combat. He was superior in every other way to these guys, but he was not as skilled which is shown in the fact wolverine was landing hits and giving gorgon quite a mess.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:12 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

also Ogun should be placed ion the uber tier. He is stick = in combat skills

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:13 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by capt it up
thats mean literrally nothing. That does not make him wolverine or capt superior in combat. He was superior in every other way to these guys, but he was not as skilled which is shown in the fact wolverine was landing hits and giving gorgon quite a mess.

Only because Gorgon let him. He doesn't care about pain or damage to his own body. You know damned good and well that if he wanted to, he would have NEVER been hit by Wolverine or Elektra.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:15 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

also Ogun should be placed ion the uber tier. He is stick = in combat skills

Ogun never did anything impressive.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:16 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I actually agree with Capt here. Gorgon was just superior in nearly every physical aspect, and didn't really feel damage, so he wasn't stunned by blows that would fell a normal man.

However, none of these speak of his actual martial arts skill. He was just a lot faster, stronger, etc.

However with what MA skill he had, mixed with his array of powers that were just too over the top for most street levelers, yeah, he was dangerous.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:16 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Juntai
I actually agree with Capt here. Gorgon was just superior in nearly every physical aspect, and didn't really feel damage, so he wasn't stunned by blows that would fell a normal man.

However, none of these speak of his actual martial arts skill. He was just a lot faster, stronger, etc.

However with what MA skill he had, mixed with his array of powers that were just too over the top for most street levelers, yeah, he was dangerous.

Yeah, he was superior in every physical aspect, but that doesn't take away his superiority in skill.

Also; Thanos should go in the Uber or Cosmic tier. He isn't a well known martial artist, but he trained gamora, and definitely deserves some recognition.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:18 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I really don't see Gorgon as any different than Deathstroke in that he has a crutch for what MA skills he does have, in that he's simply more powerful than most other opponents, so he can overwhelm them.

In fact, Deathstroke's feats outdo his by a longshot as well.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:20 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Only because Gorgon let him. He doesn't care about pain or damage to his own body. You know damned good and well that if he wanted to, he would have NEVER been hit by Wolverine or Elektra.

actaully thats not true. he was not lettign him self be hit. He was simply gettign hit he did nothing that puts him over wolverines level of skill.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:21 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Ogun never did anything impressive.

really now? You mean like spanking wolevrine like he was a child. Becoming immortal from simply being so good at martial arts. Being superhuman in every area because of his martial arts knowledge and prowess, but naw he did nothing impressive.

Oh by the way stick has done absolutly nothing more impressive then Ogun.

stick and Ogun are pritty much the same character ecpt they excell in different weapons.

so I am sorry to tell you this, but stick is no more skilled then Ogun.

Last edited by Dum Dum Dugan on Apr 10th, 2007 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:24 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Yeah? Post the scans, or get out. Stick > Ogun. Stick impressed me. Ogun was meh, at best.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:29 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Juntai
I really don't see Gorgon as any different than Deathstroke in that he has a crutch for what MA skills he does have, in that he's simply more powerful than most other opponents, so he can overwhelm them.

In fact, Deathstroke's feats outdo his by a longshot as well.

gorgon clearly more skilled the death stroke though the concept is the same

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:30 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Yeah? Post the scans, or get out. Stick > Ogun. Stick impressed me. Ogun was meh, at best.

to bad what you think does not mean fact.

prove stick superior if he is you should not have a problem doing so.

let see stick a meta human from martial arts....

Ogun a meta human from martial arts....

Stick cheated death becuase of martial arts....

Ogun cheated death from martial arts.....

Stick consider the greatest BO staff fighter to ever live......

Ogun consider the greatest Sword fighter to ever live....

Stick is very old

Ogun is over a 1000 years old....

yup pritty much the same character with the same abilities.

Oh by the way you remeber mister x........ya Ogun was rediculously more skilled then he was and mister X is a top tier MA.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:33 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

gorgon clearly more skilled the death stroke though the concept is the same
I don't think so.

But yeah, the concept was what I was shooting for anyways.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:33 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

It really depends on whether consensus is that the teacher is still superior to the student or whether the student has surpassed them, with characters like Ogun, Stick, David Cain, O-Sensei etc.

I'm ambivalent on Gorgon.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:40 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It really depends on whether consensus is that the teacher is still superior to the student or whether the student has surpassed them, with characters like Ogun, Stick, David Cain, O-Sensei etc.

I'm ambivalent on Gorgon.

very true

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 01:52 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

And exactly which feats justify him as one of the greatest martial artists on the planet?

stalemating Wolverine in a contest of Skill....

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 06:03 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Martian_mind
stalemating Wolverine in a contest of Skill....

Oh, boy. Now you've done it. Capt's gonna attack you with a barrage of half ways coherent ninja-babble.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 06:14 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Oh, boy. Now you've done it. Capt's gonna attack you with a barrage of half ways coherent ninja-babble.

come on was there a need for that really.

stick out tongue

you can handle this one all by your self.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 06:17 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I was gonna say "beat" but even i'm not that crazy stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 10th, 2007 06:23 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote