KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect All-Star Superman!

Respect All-Star Superman!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Respect All-Star Superman!

This thread will be dedicated solely to All-Star Superman.

The last thread which combined both All-Star, and PC Superman got too clustered and unorganized.

So I'm going to do a different respect thread for each character.

Please do not spam/troll this thread, people doing so will be reported immediately.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:52 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Doomed Planet, Desperate Scientists, Last Hope, Kindly Couple:
(please log in to view the image)

Lex Luthor genetically engineered a human to be like a living H-Bomb to try and kill Superman on his voyage to the sun with some of Earth's scientists:

Here Superman is flying through the corona of the sun itself:

How intense is the corona you ask? Its the same as having 100 billion H-Bombs per second explode in your face:

Superman it returning to the ship where the scientists are, and the human bomb attacks him, and they fall towards the sun:

Superman uses his powers to get this genetically altered human bomb off of him, which allows his body to absorb an immense ammount of solar radiation:

Superman displays a new power obtained from absorbing this immense ammount of solar rays by using his own bio-electric field to shield the scientists' ship:

Now they are beginning to do so extensive tests, and Superman displays what is possibly the most impressive strength feat to date, by pushing against the equivelent of 200 Quintillion tons (with one arm).

The scientist estimates his strength more than tripled:

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Superman now decides to show Lois his Fortress of Solitude. Superman leaves the key to his Fortress out in the open, when Lois remarks on how that dosen't seem safe, Superman tells her that he is the only person on Earth who can lift it because, the key is composed of an ultra-dense material, and weighs 500,000 tons:

Superman obtained a creature from the Phantom Zone (possibly Solaris), and to keep it alive, he feeds it miniature Suns which he himself created on New Olympus:

Superman reveals to Lois, that his trip to the sun did much more then just triple his strength, and give him new abilities:

Lois is somewhat frightened by Superman's new found honesty towards her, she dosen't believe him at first, and she is afraid for her life.

She then runs to an armory of confiscated weapons Superman had, and she takes the Kryptonite gun:

Superman finds Lois, and she is so paranoid that she fires the Kryptonite gun at him, only to find out that Superman no longer has a weakness to Kryptonite, he remarks on how it tickles:

For Lois Lane's Birthday, Superman makes her a super-suit, hmmmm I wonder why?:

Superman then gives Lois "his super-powers in liquid form." Superman has become so smart, that he can create a liquid formula that duplicates his every ability for 24 hours:

Lois is having fun playing around with her new abilities, when they come upon a vastly powerful creature known as Krull whom is destroying the city. But before Superman and Super-Lois can stop this creature, someone else intervenes:

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 6th, 2007 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:54 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The time traveler/incredibly powerful Samson not only stops Krull, but he hurls Krull into deep space. (Remember this scan):

Then Atlas whom has the strength of the Gods reveals that while Samson dealt with Krull, he defeated Krull's army by himself. Both of these "Gods" wish to earn Lois' love. Take note that Superman has already flown into deep space and retrieved Krull before Atlas is done introducing himself, quite a speed feat if you ask me:

There has been some questions about the "12 Super Challenges" that Superman will have completed before his death, well here are some of the more notable challenges he completed. They are confirmed by Samson while he was time-traveling:

The stolen necklace given to Super-Lois was made out of 238 Uranium and would normally be lethal within seconds.

Lois doesn't seem to care, since she has Superman's powers for 24 hours she is "Completely immune to ALL harm"

This necklace Lois is wearing was stolen from the Ultra-Sphinx (Atlas and Samson were the ones who stole the necklace and gave it to her). Because of this, the Ultra-Sphinx decrees that if the unanswerable question can not be answered, Lois will die:

The unanswerable question is then asked, Superman responded successfully, and Lois was allowed to live:

After Lois has been saved, Atlas and Samson challenge Superman to a final contest which will decide who Lois stays with. Superman readily agrees to this:

This arm wrestling contest begins, and note that Superman is arm wrestling both of these "Gods," Atlas and Samson at the same time, effortlessly. Supes even asks if he is going to need to start trying:

Once Superman starts trying, he not only snaps both Samson and Atlas's arms, he not only causes earthquakes that makes the entire island crumble beneath him, but he is whistling while doing this, as if it were nothing:

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Jimmy Olsen is doing some experimenting with the underverse (which is where Black Kryptonite is created), and the massive amount of gravity destroys the machine and Jimmy starts to fall into the void:

Superman who is still at the Daily Planet (100's if not 1000's of miles away) hears Jimmy falling and starts to go rescue him:

And despite the enormous amount of gravity, and the effects of black kryptonite, Superman still saved Jimmy before he fell into the underverse:

At this point in the story Superman becomes infected with black Kryptonite that Jimmy Olsen had obtained, and this version of Kryptonite turns Supes into a mindless, and evil brute. He breaks free of the lab, and is confronted by Voyager and Bizarro clones that had been engineered as safeguards:

Superman easily defeats this line of defenses:

A 3rd safeguard allows Jimmy Olsen to momentarily transform into Doomsday, this mindless Superman isn't worried:

Luthor (who had been convicted for crimes against the world) was in prison and Clark Kent came to interview him. In the middle of this, a riot ensued. Clark effortlessly saved Lex's life without him even knowing:

Clark fakes a cough, and uses his amplified cold-breath to freeze the rioters:

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A/S Supes is talking with Pa Kent, when Krypto comes back to Earth, Supes decides to play catch with Krypto by throwing a tree stump into deep space:

Supes shows impressive speed by almost instantly flying to the outer asteroid belt with Krypto, and then they check out the Earth........ From the Moon:

All-Star Superman is just overseeing his home town, when 3 Supermen from the 853rd Century come to meet him. One of them is Superman 1 Million, the second is a 5th Dimensional Imp named Klyzyzk-Klznyplkz, and the third is a mysterious character with a bandaged face called The Unknown Superman:

They reveal that they have come to Earth to help All-Star Superman defeat the Chronovore. This creature has the power to destroy the entire world:

While all of this is going on, Pa Kent is talking with the Unknown Superman, and wishes the best for his beloved son:

All-Star Superman then completes another one of the twelve super-challenges, by single handedly holding the Chronovore at bay. (A task not even a 5d Imp, and Superman 1 Million combined could accomplish):

In the Midst of All-Star Supes dealing with the Chronovore, the Unknown Superman tells him to stop. A/S Superman is told to "Let Go". He finds that his Pa suffered a missive heart attack:

Superman then speaks of his father at the funeral. The father that taught him all of the lessons that shaped the man he has become:

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:56 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

All has been righted, and the Unknown Superman takes off his bandages, only to reveal that he is the future version of the current All-Star Superman:

The Unknown Superman (which revealed himself as the current All-Star Superman) says that he came back in time disguised, so that he could see his Pa one last time.

Then the "leader" and most powerful of the future Supermen (Superman Prime) appears. He pays homage to his past self, as well as his adopted father, by presenting an indestructible flower from New Krypton:

R.I.P Jonathan Kent:

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 03:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Remember the Sun eater (possibly Solaris), that All-Star Superman had as a pet?

Well, it had outgrown it's "cage" in a manner of speaking, so Superman released it near Jupiter..... When all of the sudden he was attacked by a plague of Bizarros from the Underverse:

Superman tried out one of his new powers, (which appear to be energy blasts of some sort), and proceded to knock Bizarro into space:

Superman analyzes a humans bloodstream to detect the reason why he is immune to the Bizarros:

Superman knew immediate action had to be taken against the Bizarro plague, so he flew at the duplicate "Bizarro Earth", and struck it with such force, that it moved from his Universe back to the Underverse:

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 12th, 2007 at 05:14 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 05:10 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There has been some issues (mainly in my first All-Star Superman thread), concerning whether or not All-Star Superman is canon with the mainstream DCU.

Well it IS.

During an issue of JLA One Million, Superman 1M is talking with the mainstream DC Superman, and he says...

"Just two days ago I fought the Chronovore with the Superman Squad, Supermen from various eras who've banded together to defend the timestream":

Now who did All-Star Superman meet in a recent issue, and what did they do?:

Exactly! smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 12th, 2007 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 06:01 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A little more proof that All-Star Superman is canonical to the mainstream DCU....

During a "history lesson" on the Superman Dynasty in one of the JLA 1M comics, a Bizarro Scourge that nearly eradicated the human race was mentioned:

And what is currently going on in All-Star Superman?:

Exactly! smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 12th, 2007 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2007 08:22 PM
Grinning Goku

Awesome thread, Galan! Superman rocks!

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 01:16 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Very cool thread Galan

All Star Lois is hot cool

Canonicity is still iffy though, after all All Star Supes is Silver age , BUT silver age was killed by Doomsday ! So unless he loses all these new powers ( which WOULD make sense) then it's a continuity screw up.

Not only that but the Bizzaro plauge was dealt with in issue 6 right ? Or was it just quarantined ?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 03:16 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Also, in the little history lesson, doesn't it say the Bizzaro Scourge happened in the 250th Millennium?

All-Star doesn't take place in the 250th Millennium, does it? confused.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 04:29 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
Very cool thread Galan

All Star Lois is hot cool

Canonicity is still iffy though, after all All Star Supes is Silver age , BUT silver age was killed by Doomsday ! So unless he loses all these new powers ( which WOULD make sense) then it's a continuity screw up.

Not only that but the Bizzaro plauge was dealt with in issue 6 right ? Or was it just quarantined ?
Silver Age Superman was killed by Doomsday...?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:33 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

Originally posted by Galan007
There has been some issues (mainly in my first All-Star Superman thread), concerning whether or not All-Star Superman is canon with the mainstream DCU.

Well it IS.

The problem here is that Superman Prime appeared at the end of that All Star issue, but when Superman M* was talking to Post-Crisis Superman, Prime still hadn’t returned for the heart of the Sun.

To me, it seems more like a homage to DC 1 Million. erm

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:52 PM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Awesome thread, Galan! Superman rocks!
Thanks smile
Originally posted by grey fox
Very cool thread Galan

Thanks man! big grin

Nothing concerning the Bizarro plague has been dealt with yet.

This is a 2 part story, so the next issue of All-Star Superman should show us how the plague is ended.
Originally posted by Soljer
All-Star doesn't take place in the 250th Millennium, does it? confused.

I dunt know... It just seemed a little too close to not be regarded as some sort of evidence, but that could just be me.
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
To me, it seems more like a homage to DC 1 Million.
That's not overly surprising, considering that both were/are Morrison's work. erm

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 07:07 PM
manorastroman

the non-canon nature cannot be argued. since when was doomsday jimmy olson?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 08:10 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by manorastroman
the non-canon nature cannot be argued. since when was doomsday jimmy olson?
Jimmy isn't DD. erm

He was just able to isolate a gene that momentarily allowed him to become DD, as a safeguard against Superman. smile

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 08:13 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Galan007
Jimmy isn't DD. erm

He was just able to isolate a gene that momentarily allowed him to become DD, as a safeguard against Superman. smile

Or in Superdickery.com terms, take a shot.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 08:20 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

edit.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 03:19 PM