KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers

KMC Comic Book Tiers
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (485): « First ... « 384 385 [386] 387 388 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Why is "Beta Ray Bill" Mid and not High herald again? What feats do he lack?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:35 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by id369
High herald feats.

stick out tongue

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:42 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It's not just about power, it's also about status. High herald heroes are the universes "go to" guys in a really bad situation, and Bill will likely never get that as long as Thor's around. BRB suffers from the same malady as DC's Captain Marvel in these situations.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:53 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
It's not just about power, it's also about status. High herald heroes are the universes "go to" guys in a really bad situation, and Bill will likely never get that as long as Thor's around. BRB suffers from the same malady as DC's Captain Marvel in these situations.

Exactly.

Though I don't completely agree with Stardust at high herald.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 12:28 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by darthgoober

I am not swayed. In fact if this is the direct reason why Bill is being held back, its retarded. Tier placement is closely held by how a given character performs. NOT comic book politics and/or popularity.

His “Showings” are not diluted by other characters popularity.

Anyhow.
Bill for High Herald
Stryfe for Low Herald

Originally posted by King Kandy
Genis to trans:

For: Naija boy, kgkg, Enyalus, King Kandy, Nihilist

Against: Kris Blaze, iceman24567, batdude123

I forward Trans as well.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 03:20 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Wally's got one more vote from me for top tier...smile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 03:40 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I've always voted against Bill because he doesn't have nearly the versatility showings that Thor has shown with Mjolnir. Thor usually brawls, yes, but he's done a TON of other stuff with Mjolnir. Bill usually brawls, and it's really all we've seen. Some energy absorption is the most he's ever really attempted with Stormbreaker

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Bill will never match Thor in versatility for obvious reasons. The few times, that we have seen Bill be versatile with his Stormbreaker have bin impressive.

The list of accomplishments under his own might, should warrant high herald praise. Really I think its silly not to consider him so. It makes no difference, he is still going to be viewed as a High Herald because in general members view him as such.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:27 PM
Squirrel Fart

Well, the tier list cant please everyone.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:30 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by The Nuul
Well, the tier list cant please everyone.
No but you can question “X” characters placement.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 04:43 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bill will never match Thor in versatility for obvious reasons. The few times, that we have seen Bill be versatile with his Stormbreaker have bin impressive.

And until BRB is able to match Thor's feats, he will most likely remain at mid herald.

The list of accomplishments under his own might, should warrant high herald praise. Really I think its silly not to consider him so. It makes no difference, he is still going to be viewed as a High Herald because in general members view him as such.

Which is why you vote for him to move up. If he is considered a high herald by everyone, then you should no trouble garnering enough votes to move him up.

I remain undecided.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:06 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
And until BRB is able to match Thor's feats, he will most likely remain at mid herald.

Sound extremely uncompromising. Why not set this kind of bar or power scale across all top tiers. If none can match Thor or Surfers versatility then they shouldn’t warrant High Herald placement.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:27 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sound extremely uncompromising. Why not set this kind of bar or power scale across all top tiers. If none can match Thor or Surfers versatility then they shouldn’t warrant High Herald placement.

People don't need to match JUST their versatility, but they need to display that kind of overall power and ability. You need to understand the fine difference between mid and high herald. The difference in power and versatility might be very, very small, it might not even exist. What places someone at high herald is usually years and years of consistent strong feats.

And this might sound stupid, but they need feats ABOVE high herald. Superman, Surfer, Thor, the lanterns, they all have feats that rise above high heralds. Ridiculous feats that measure up to skyfather or trans capabilities.

High Herald is also a placement for others who would normally rise above the category, who are hampered by other things. Kurse in example, destroyed both Thor and BRB. Unfortunately he lacks any kind of versatility and thus comes up short.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:40 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

By your own comment, at least half of the names should not be under the High Herald tier. Why is that?

And how do you determine what Herald Class is?

Last edited by "Id" on Jun 27th, 2009 at 06:00 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:58 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 06:18 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 06:18 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Against

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:05 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Definitley against.

At least half of the other mid-heralds can either put up a fight or get a clear majority against him.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:14 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Wally to High:

For: Me, Kris, Rage, iceman24567

Against: Digi, kgkg, xJLxKing

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

For Wally to high.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 07:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote