KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers

KMC Comic Book Tiers
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (485): « First ... « 456 457 [458] 459 460 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
lol, no, just curious if a decision was made one way or the other. I might have missed it.

lol

might be me then, im starving lol

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 05:41 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Creshosk
Reported for trolling and for spamming.

So digi, is batman going to be moved? I don't want to be a pest about it but...

false reporting again. Are you a mod?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 05:55 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Just put each other on ignore, its that simple.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 05:58 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

It seems, at least to me, that drawing an arbitrary line that constitutes a "clear majority" isn't the way to go. It becomes pretty subjective at that point.

The voting is pretty much over, and there are 7 more votes for Batman being bumped than against.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:01 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
false reporting again. Are you a mod?
If I was a mod I'd be telling you to stop instead of reporting you to the moderators.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:02 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by The Nuul
Just put each other on ignore, its that simple.

one does not solve problems by simply ignoring them. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:02 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm Digi.. how am I trying to put words in your mouth? You just said you referenced that number not long ago but it was for a different vote. So, how am I putting words in your mouth? What I said, and what you & others have made very clear, by using words like... overwhelming/clear majority/ two thirds has even been referenced. Those aren't me putting those words anywhere but a criteria that you and others have said throughout the thread. Seems to me those words no longer apply when Batman is up for a vote..

I referenced the 2/1 ratio because that was the ratio we had, not because that is what is needed for a vote to pass. Big difference.

And to be perfectly honest, you have no place saying that something "no longer applies" in an accusatory tone before a character has been decided upon. No decision has been made on Batman. None. So tell me, how do you justify saying "seems to me those words no longer apply when Batman is up for a vote" when you literally have no clue whether or not they do? Not only is it illogical, it's insulting.

And yes, it is putting words in my mouth, because I've repeated ad nauseum that there isn't a set percentage required, that the list was wrecked when we did briefly try a set percentage, and that each vote is decided upon individually.

As it is, the last page and a half of everyone ignoring my last post, warning to keep things on topic and civil, has proven to me what needs to be done. Batman is being removed from the list entirely.

So I'll repeat this:

Originally posted by Digi
For a list that is intended as a rough gauge of power to help newer members determine power levels, all of you are taking this way too seriously. If you disagree with a placement, make your own list.

Further bickering will result in warnings. Keep it on topic or don't post.

And then say that any further concerns should be sent to me via PM. I won't have this thread spammed any longer over a ridiculous argument spawned from an arbitrary placement of a character that would be just as well off in either tier.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Sorry.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:20 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

bump

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:43 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

This is a bit of a development.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 01:47 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Ohhhh, its open again.

Its not a sticky anymore?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 02:37 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 03:34 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Bada and Pr:

I closed and unstickied this and wanted to talk to you about it, but haven't had the time. So here goes:

The tiers thread failed at everything it was intended to accomplish. Not only did it only create problems, but it didn't solve any either. The purpose was to create a rough guideline for vs. forum reference, to streamline battles. In reality, those who don't need the aid of the list were familiar with it, and those who desperately needed its guidance either didn't know it existed or ignored it entirely.

It also became popular to simply dismiss the list based on 1-2 mistakes they saw with it. The differences of opinion on the forums ensures that no one will ever like the entire list.

Then there was this thread itself, which often turned into flame wars over controversial characters. Too few seemed to realize that the list was never meant to be perfect, never can be perfect in anyone's eyes. I always encouraged those who created problems to make their own lists for personal use. It never worked...proving themselves right over whether {character X} was in mid or high was always too pressing to let it be.

The one good thing it did was create a shared vocabulary for levels (meta, street, trans, etc.). But those are now instilled in the forums, and the thread is no longer needed to ensure that others learn them, since they now assimilate the vocabulary from interacting on the forums.

If you're a knowledgeable poster, you already know what the tiers thread will tell you. And if you're not, you're not going to take KMC's word for it without figuring things out for yourself. So, I'm not going to decide what to do with this thread because I consider this more your forum than mine anymore. But my advice, for both yourselves and the forum, is to close it and forget about it. If others disagree, it's because they want this thread open, but they're speaking from a personal perspective, not one that takes into account its affect on the entire forum.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2010 04:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

So about Batman moving up... shifty

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2010 12:34 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Can we maybe institute the Elite tiers like in the Mixed Genre thread?

I don't think an Elite Herald tier is necessary but Elite Meta and Elite Street (for Batman) would be nice.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2010 02:29 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Since the topic of the thread was more about discussing the VS forums than about comics themselves maybe this should be put in the respect forums?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2010 02:38 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Given how easily accessible digital comics are now then they were a decade ago, I believe all most of us are far more well-informed these days then we were back when this thread was first conceived(and ultimately locked.) That said, I think good things can come of this thread, and we can make a lot of much needed changes to the tiers list based on the evidence at hand and not just personal biases or w/e.

However, we still need to consider averages here and not just cherry-picked high-end showings to determine where the characters should fall on the list. Once a consensus has been reached about a particular character's placement, I will edit the list accordingly.

Also, I want to work on editing the existing list FIRST. Once that has been straightened out, I'll be open to adding additional characters to the matrix. One character at a time is best.

But most importantly: I do not want this to devolve into another flame/bash war like it did before, nor do I want to see shitposts. Crap like: "Thor am weakling. Him am street level", or "Superman am God. Him am abstract level" is a good way to get this thread closed again, permanently. Be adults.

**I'll start by keeping this open on sort of a 2 week trial basis. If it seems like good things are coming from the discussions and progress is being made, I'll keep it open. If it looks to be going downhill again, it will be closed no questions asked.

With that being said, reopening/pinning.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 08:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

in my unasked for opinion, i would suggest creating a panel of say, 5 of the most knowledgeable kmc members to go through the list before opening it up to the forum in general. let 5 people work on it as a group and make a adjustments where they see fit. once the adjustments have been made, open it to the forum for additional fine-tuning and debate.

just a suggestion of course. good to see it open for discussion again. thumb up

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 08:42 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Good idea.

We'd need people who are up for the task, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 08:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah and people knowledgeable in different areas. some know dc really well, some know marvel, a couple know more independent stuff. star wars is another area. kind of be cool to round up forum area experts to help shape the list if they could. otherwise just try and find the most knowledgeable overall posters i guess.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 09:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote