KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Star Destroyer Vs Enterprise D

Star Destroyer vs Enterprise D
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Star Destroyer 29 64.44%
Enterprise D 16 35.56%
Total: 45 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Destroyer Vs Enterprise D
Started by: MasterAshenVor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
TNG "The Wounded" indicates photon torpedo effective range is around 300k, but photon torpedoes have a small yield compared to ISD firepower, are much slower, and can be destroyed.

I can't find any conclusive ranges on phaser banks/arrays, but almost all combat takes place in relatively short ranges, perhaps a few km, and phaser/disruptor weapons can even miss.

I have very little desire to get into yet another ST v SW debate. Just wanted to let you know that some of your info on ST was incorrect going from what has been stated in the various shows. ST has had extreme ranges of combat mentioned (in the 400,000km range), even though we see ships firing up close many a time cos it makes for a better show.

I wouldn't try and use "can miss" if you're going to debate someone here, cos we regularly see SW ships miss a lot, laughably sometimes.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 5th, 2014 at 05:22 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2014 05:17 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starmovie
Free Movie

i think "Captain America 2" Movie - Great

Old Post Apr 6th, 2014 02:54 PM
starmovie is currently offline Click here to Send starmovie a Private Message Find more posts by starmovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

star destroyer loses.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 12:57 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

[QUOTE=14635352]Originally posted by Stealth Moose
SD's attack from superior range and have better firepower, not counting ridiculous durability.

SD > Enterprise E.
[/QUO

I don't think so the enterprise could hit a pop can from orbit, its range is not only good its Accurate a Star destroyer is NOT.
the destroyer only wins if its a close combat situation. Enterprise wins in a range attack.

Good lord the star destroyer has issues hit slow moving asteroids geeeesh

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 01:00 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Any ISD could solo the UFP

Why the necro?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 01:24 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by StealthRanger
Why the necro?
Cold and compliant. Nothing better.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 03:23 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The Enterprise wins, it's more maneuverable, and from what I saw, it is much faster as well. I'd imagine the Enterprise hitting a Star Destroyer 50 times before the SD hit it once. If asked which ship was more powerful? I'd say the SD was, but what does it matter if it can't hit anything as maneuverable as the Enterprise?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 10:48 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

SDs were tanking asteroids and firepower far more significant than than what the Enterprise has been shown to deal with, IIRC. The ESB asteroid scene is particularly telling, whereas in Booby Trap, the crew of the Enterprise was barely able to navigate an asteroid field (and was in grave danger) despite superior helmsman Jean-Luc Picard scouting ahead in a runabout.

Also, SDs can glass planets, which the Enterprise hasn't shown the ability to do.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 01:23 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Come on now. The asteroids wouldn't normally have posed a threat to the Enterprise. The ship was in a trap that was both rapidly draining its energy and threatening the crew with radiation poisoning.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 05:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Then why were they crapping their pants about those asteroids?

When has ST tech shown the ability to shrug off asteroids or glass planet surfaces?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 07:08 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Then why were they crapping their pants about those asteroids?

When has ST tech shown the ability to shrug off asteroids or glass planet surfaces?

Some of those asteroids where larger than the ship and their shields were about to fail cos of the trap, iirc.

By taking hits from weapons that could level cities and then some. As far as turning a "planet surface to glass", not sure that was ever specified; I do think some ships are capable of severely damaging planets.

But I don't the the Enterprise D has the fire-power on par with an SD.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 08:27 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Robtard
Some of those asteroids where larger than the ship and their shields were about to fail cos of the trap, iirc.

By taking hits from weapons that could level cities and then some. As far as turning a "planet surface to glass", not sure that was ever specified; I do think some ships are capable of severely damaging planets.

Neither do I.

Tbh, I like ST better than SW. But the tech manuals indicate higher power thresholds on shields and weapons for SW, because George Lucas doesn't know scale.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 08:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Also a bit of a silly comparison. An SD is a war ship. A Galaxy Class is an exploration/science vessel.

Employee: "Mr. Lucas, how much operational power do you want to give these Star Destroyers?"

G. Lucas: "A lot. Make it a lot."

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 09:28 PM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

And given that he has the Death Star is an impossibility, it further skews things.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 09:39 PM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

(please log in to view the image)

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Apr 8th, 2014 11:22 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Originally posted by Stoic
The Enterprise wins, it's more maneuverable, and from what I saw, it is much faster as well. I'd imagine the Enterprise hitting a Star Destroyer 50 times before the SD hit it once. If asked which ship was more powerful? I'd say the SD was, but what does it matter if it can't hit anything as maneuverable as the Enterprise?

Enterprise won't come remotely close to harming it

It's best weapons are 64 megatons

Meanwhile turbolasers on obsolete transport ships (as opposed to larger and more powerful warships or capital ships) can fire 200 gigatons

Bombardments from VSD's can generate petaton level energies

And the SD's shields can take it's own turbolasers with ease

It could just use it's tractor beams. Hell, even a glancing blow from a heavy turbolaser could vaporise the E-D

Old Post Apr 9th, 2014 04:48 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by Robtard

have to agree with this but I do think the enterprise D has a outside chance of winning if not at least doing a good deal of damage to a star destroyer if planned properly.

The star destroyer stomps the enterprise gig is getting borderline gay anymore.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2014 11:38 PM
gshawn60

Cool Star destroyer

The Star Destroyer has the weaponry, shields, and support crafts to overrun a Federation starship. The destroyer will have a hard time with maneuverability and would depend on the captain abilities. It would most likely be a long fight. I would have to say a very long fight as the Destroyers sensors would need to be adjusted for targeting a small warpable ship, besides all the misses from human controlled gunners. The Galaxy class ship would do some damage even though the phasers are use only one type of particle that acts like an energy saving disrupter. The Destroyer laser and turbo laser cannons are full spectrum particle beam cannons that uses some type of shell producing energy to produce a super charged particle bolt. Not to mention the Ion cannons. I think that the Galaxy class would be very busy knocking out the many ties the destroyer carries. And trying to dodge gunboats which Star Destroyers are known to carry. The gunboats also have shields and other necessary goodies that makes it more than equal to a Galaxy Class Starship. Know a Star Destroyer going one on one with a Galaxy Class Starship would be even harder for the Destroyer, which possible could give the win to the Galaxy class Starship. The case would be made with maneuverability and multiple attacks that could put a drain till the shield domes could be blown. Yes, I did my homework a while back. big grin

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 05:38 PM
gshawn60 is currently offline Click here to Send gshawn60 a Private Message Find more posts by gshawn60 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote