KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Starhawks Sigs

Starhawks Sigs
Started by: Starhawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
No, glows never look good. There's always a better method of getting that effect without using a glow.

All adding a glow effect is is an amateur technique to hide poor blending.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 09:12 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by Lana
No, glows never look good. There's always a better method of getting that effect without using a glow.

All adding a glow effect is is an amateur technique to hide poor blending.

hmmm

I know this is Starhawks thread, but for my use. is there any tips on how to blend well?

Old Post May 15th, 2007 09:37 PM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
hmmm

I know this is Starhawks thread, but for my use. is there any tips on how to blend well?

Very nice, my friend

thank u bz

Old Post May 16th, 2007 05:50 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
hmmm

Some of my favourite options.
1. is bending options and change the blend mode or the opacity. Only good for certain designs.

2. Add a layer mask to the top layer you that you want to blend with the bottom and use gradient tool. I usually the black to transparent colour. what ever is black on the mask will be transparent on the layer your working on.

3. use the lasso too and trace around an object or image the do select and chose feather then select the amount of pixel you would like to soften around the image select inverse and delete that should remove the part you don't want from the image and leave smooth edges. you could preset the feather on the lasso tool, but i prefer to do it the way i mentioned just incase i want to change the pixelsize of the feather.

4. Use a combination of the above.
I very often combine 2 and 3 together. I would do the layer mask from option 2, then do most of option 3 (except the delete part) on the mask layer then use the gradient tool.

Last edited by BakaXero on May 16th, 2007 at 08:51 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2007 08:49 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post May 17th, 2007 06:32 AM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by Starhawk
(please log in to view the image)

Don't mono-colour it and don't ever make text the focal(unless your Gannon).I may make a Sylar si

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 17th, 2007 03:47 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gannon isn't the only other one who does it.

Old Post May 17th, 2007 05:24 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

I know but Gannon does it well, as do alot of other members, you don't but then again text takes time to learn and you need to want to improve it.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 17th, 2007 07:06 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay you've left your opinion, I happen to disagree.

Old Post May 17th, 2007 07:27 PM