KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Starhawks Sigs

Starhawks Sigs
Started by: Starhawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Should be more from the new movie.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 02:27 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

First of all, well, their not THAT bad, but their not really "fully made sigs"
What your doing is putting a stock, cutting out images, putting the images in and then adding text. Then maybe you blur something to get a focal point or something.
Yeah, it doesn't really work that way. People here are nice enough to say they are good and everything, but do what I do and post your sig on gamerenders(the site) there are proffesional sig makers there which can really tell you if your sigs are good or not good, and I'm sure they would say they are not good.

It's too plain and it would take very little time to do it. See tutorials that tell you how to make your own background and make everything look good. Only then will you become a mediocore signature maker so far.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 03:12 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Spidervlad
What your doing is putting a stock, cutting out images, putting the images in and then adding text. Then maybe you blur something to get a focal point or something.
Yeah, it doesn't really work that way. People here are nice enough to say they are good and everything, but do what I do and post your sig on gamerenders(the site) there are proffesional sig makers there which can really tell you if your sigs are good or not good, and I'm sure they would say they are not good.

It's too plain and it would take very little time to do it. See tutorials that tell you how to make your own background and make everything look good. Only then will you become a mediocore signature maker so far.

Some people like them and that's all I care about, you make it out that they are just going easy on me and I don't think that's the case, they are just more suited to their tastes. Not everything is a competition.

And sometimes simple can look very good.

But, you've had your say and I respectfully disagree with you.

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 03:17 AM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

I like them allot. A sig doesn't have to be overly complicated.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 03:19 AM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

what about hufflepuff (don't know if it's right.) and ravenclaw?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 04:12 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm working on Ravenclaw, but I can't find allot of pics of Hufflepuff people other then Cedric Diggory.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 04:46 AM
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by Starhawk
I'm working on Ravenclaw, but I can't find allot of pics of Hufflepuff people other then Cedric Diggory.

maybe you can make hufflepuff just using Cedrics pic and have it as a type or remembrance of him since you cant find any other pics smile

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 05:29 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good idea I may do that.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 05:50 AM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 04:16 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

i dont think any one makes sigs for a living.

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 04:32 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Some people like them and that's all I care about, you make it out that they are just going easy on me and I don't think that's the case, they are just more suited to their tastes. Not everything is a competition.

And sometimes simple can look very good.

But, you've had your say and I respectfully disagree with you.

Hi Eclipso. You could atleast try not to be so obvious.

Originally posted by SpartanII
i dont think any one makes sigs for a living.

How does that have any relevance to my post? Proffesional sig makers are people who have done it for a very long time not because they make them for a living but because it's a hobby and they have become very good at it.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:02 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am not Eclipso but I do share his annoyance at people posting arguements in my sig thread. You left your opinion which I respectfully do not share. Leave it at that.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:06 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

quote:
Originally posted by Eclipso
Just because someone leaves criticism dosen't mean I have to agree. Different people like different things. Not everyone will like my sigs.

quote:
Not everyone wants a 3-D look. As I said in my newest one I wanted it to look like more of a painting. Not everyone has the same taste in sig style. Just because someone gives a suggestion doesn't mean I am obligated to go along with it.

quote:
How it works is, someone posts their opinion, and then I have the choice to ethier agree or dissagree with them

quote:
Yes but that doesn't mean I have to agree with you or take those suggestions. I'm actually quite happy with my recent work and allot of people are as well.

quote:
In the end what matters in my sig making the most is that i am happy with the result, and if a few others are, then thats just a bonus.

I am not Eclipso but I do share his annoyance at people posting arguements in my sig thread. You left your opinion which I respectfully do not share. Leave it at that.

Shall I say more?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:22 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

Shall I say more?

no, ill say it for you.

'more'.

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:35 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shall I say more?

Hopefully not, the fact that two people have similar tastes and concerns does not make them the same person.

You left your opinion. I do not share it. Leave it at that.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:36 PM
Peach
mordrem

Guys, drop it.

Now.

And I don't know how many times I need to say this, but do not PM me about things that can be taken care of by reports.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 09:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boobsmagee

well alot of people do this sorta style, but not as a main one theyll make a sig or two like these, but overally alot of sigs i see with a stock and renders added in usually take a litttle more than that, ive seen two stocks molded into one to create one great dynamic scenery, with the render blended into it, making it looks natural, i like some of the sigs uve made using your style, but not all, i think that if your gonna put text in the center as you do its best not to blurr it, blurr can take focus off objects, but when objects are in the direct center covering the focalpoint partially, i dont think it helps for the sense of depth, blurr is supposed to create, on your latest i like the left side, but the render on the right is a bit choppy, and doesnt flow together as well, but as said before, try to add some other effects besides, color, text, and renders, ya know, but if its the way you choose to keep your sigs i dont mind, because they are exactly that, your sigs, i agree you do not always have to listen to others, because in many cases others opinions will be dissagreed upon, perspectives are different between those viewing the work*

Taking Requests
~My Sigs~

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 11:14 PM
boobsmagee is currently offline Click here to Send boobsmagee a Private Message Find more posts by boobsmagee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

With the Ravenclaw one I had trouble finding images to use so I fixed that one up as best as I could. The blur on the text is to create a kind of mystical blending effect. I never said I intended to make every one of my sigs like this but for the Harry Potter series they most likely will be in the same style.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 11:38 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Hufflepuff one is proving harder then I thought.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:30 AM
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

Hi Eclipso. You could atleast try not to be so obvious.

How does that have any relevance to my post? Proffesional sig makers are people who have done it for a very long time not because they make them for a living but because it's a hobby and they have become very good at it.
Professional means that they are paid for it. wink

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:49 AM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote