KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Starhawks Sigs

Starhawks Sigs
Started by: Starhawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

No it doesn't, not always. It refers more to a level of skill and training. You can pay any person off the street to do something for you, wouldn't make them a professional.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:43 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Les yeux clos
Professional means that they are paid for it. wink
By the definition of the word yes, but more that they make a living for it would be a better term. It would also imply that they have some level of skill by the general definition but I have seen “professional” that seem to have no skill but make a living at what they do. wink

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:13 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys, my sig thread is not a debate thread. And Lana is correct about the term "professionals".

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:25 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Hi Eclipso. You could atleast try not to be so obvious.

How does that have any relevance to my post? Proffesional sig makers are people who have done it for a very long time not because they make them for a living but because it's a hobby and they have become very good at it.

nope. a professional does something for a living. By your logic, a profession is something you do in your spare time. But yes, they do need a certain amount of skill.

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 06:58 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guys this is NOT a thread for this debate, take it somewhere else or your trolling.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 08:27 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Starhawk, go and look up the definitions of words before you start throwing them around as it is in NO way trolling.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:02 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Originally posted by Lana
Starhawk, go and look up the definitions of words before you start throwing them around as it is in NO way trolling.

Originally posted by Starhawk
Guys this is NOT a thread for this debate, take it somewhere else or your trolling.
You presented a question and now you are getting answers wink

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:33 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's posting something not relevant to the thread. This is a thread for commenting on my sigs only. Not having a debate over what the term professional means.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 09:36 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 10:49 PM
Peach
mordrem

It's posting something not relevant to the thread. This is a thread for commenting on my sigs only. Not having a debate over what the term professional means.

And posting something not relevant is not trolling. I have no idea where you came up with that idea, but it is entirely wrong.

And I'll also remind you that only one person in this forum actually has the power to tell someone to not post somewhere, and that person is not you.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 10:51 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

So your saying I have the right to go into other sig threads and start up debates over things that are not related to their sig threads?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 11:18 PM
Peach
mordrem

No, I am not saying that. I'm saying that you don't actually have the right to tell people to not post in your thread. You can ask them to stay on topic, but that's it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 01:06 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Eclipso threw words out like that too eek!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 01:41 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I am not saying that. I'm saying that you don't actually have the right to tell people to not post in your thread. You can ask them to stay on topic, but that's it.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. I do agree with you though about the term.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 01:54 AM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Eclipso threw words out like that too eek!

Yeah I looked over his thread Vin, you did them same thing to him. I assume your not going to be a fan of my sigs?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 01:55 AM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Yeah I looked over his thread Vin, you did them same thing to him. I assume your not going to be a fan of my sigs?

Uhh.... No I didn't.

And I don't judge signatures due to the maker....But they could use ALOT of work.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 02:08 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I am the last person to claim they are perfect. I am trying to improve as I go.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 02:12 AM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Now before you all smell blood, It was next to impossible to find Hufflepuff people to put on it so I had to take what I could find, and some of them needed allot of work. So I realize it's probably my weakest out of the four.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:46 AM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's all 4 of the House sigs.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:56 AM
Les yeux clos
Wisdomous

No it doesn't, not always. It refers more to a level of skill and training. You can pay any person off the street to do something for you, wouldn't make them a professional.
Fair enough, it also relates to skill, but you can't make a career or a livelihood out of signature making, it's not really a profession.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 12:28 PM
Les yeux clos is currently offline Click here to Send Les yeux clos a Private Message Find more posts by Les yeux clos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote