KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is wrong with the Democrats?

What is wrong with the Democrats?
Started by: Starhawk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter
anyone?

He's no fun... not even worth it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
He's no fun... not even worth it.

yes it is....it'll be funny. funnier than a pile of dead babies. i promise.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:10 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Starhawk
Sometimes it's necessary though to get rid of a problem (Bush).

so you would cut the military budget to get rid of someone who will only go when his term expires...while in the mean time forcing the military to shed jobs meaning that troops who have either served their time in iraq or are currently there, people who have seen their friends killed and seen other injured or been injured themselves, will be put out of work...

just to make a point against Bush...which wont actually have any effect at getting rid of him...which would have been the initial reason?

am i getting that right?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Strangelove
You're a moron

No the idea of North American politics is that through voting the will of the majority is carried out. They voted the democrats into the house to stop the war, they should follow the will of the people on that.

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:11 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
so you would cut the military budget to get rid of someone who will only go when his term expires...while in the mean time forcing the military to shed jobs meaning that troops who have either served their time in iraq or are currently there, people who have seen their friends killed and seen other injured or been injured themselves, will be put out of work...

just to make a point against Bush...which wont actually have any effect at getting rid of him...which would have been the initial reason?

am i getting that right?

No, the vast majority of Americans want the war over. And I am sure they would rather have people out of work then killed in a foreign land over a pointless war.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:13 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

No the idea of North American politics is that through voting the will of the majority is carried out. They voted the democrats into the house to stop the war, they should follow the will of the people on that.
No, the vast majority of Americans want the war over. And I am sure they would rather have people out of work then killed in a foreign land over a pointless war.
Come back when you know things

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:14 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

They do what they want to do, and cutting the funds and bring the troops home is not what they want to do. What they want is power.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:15 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Come back when you can counter points with more then sarcasm.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:15 PM
KidRock

Re: What is wrong with the Democrats?

I was watching CNN today and there was Nancy Pelosi talking about how the house needs to work WITH the white house. What is wrong with her? What they need to do is cut all funding and bring the troops home. Also she talked about instead of cutting the funding, just managing it more and instead of pulling out the troops she wants to change the nature of their mission to other areas.

This is what is wrong with the Democrats and I am a left wing person myself in ideology. But do they not realize that cutting the funding for the war is a win/win for them? Not only would they look strong by over-ruling the republicans. But also most of America wants the war over and this is what they were voted in to do.

All I can say is this is just another big let down from the spineless Democrats.

True.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:16 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

come back when you learn to use "then" and "than" appropriately as well as which countries are involved in this war as well as the difference between an act of congress/house and elections.

Originally posted by KidRock
True.

lol its funny because he only read the last line

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:17 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

You're not making any good points. You're a Canadian law student. I'm an American political science student. I think I'm more of an authority on the subject than you. wink

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:19 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Come back when you know things

You'll never seen him again.

You'd also think that an educated person [a lawyer] would know the basic workings of the Government just South of his.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know which countries are involved. And the point is the democrats were voted in to deal with many issues not the least of which is the Iraq war.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:20 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're not making any good points. You're a Canadian law student. I'm an American political science student. I think I'm more of an authority on the subject than you. wink

Then bring up some counter points. I follow American politics fairly closely.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:21 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know which countries are involved.

obviously you dont.

jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

cutting the funding isn't going to make the war over though is it?

you cut the money from something...its the people that get fired (no pun intended) first

infact you put those who are left at ever greater risk by cutting funding

You come at the King, you best not miss!

jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Schecter
obviously you dont.

America is in Iraq, Canada is in Afghanistan. Neither belongs where they are and all their presence there is doing is racking up a body count.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:22 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Actually, there should be forces in Afghanistan, because that's where the real terrorists are.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:24 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
cutting the funding isn't going to make the war over though is it?

you cut the money from something...its the people that get fired (no pun intended) first

infact you put those who are left at ever greater risk by cutting funding

Bush and the Republicans are the ones putting them at risk. And if we lost a few in the pull out it's better then continuing to rack up a larger body count by staying there.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:24 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, there should be forces in Afghanistan, because that's where the real terrorists are.

But they have done nothing to Canada, therefore it's not our place to be there.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:25 PM