KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Question about the name changing service?

Question about the name changing service?
Started by: Ptr_Grifin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Question about the name changing service?

I would like to have the user name,

Juggernaut

But a poster already has that user name. The thing is that he only has 4 post and hasn't posted or logged in since Mar 9th, 2004.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;userid=25314

I don't know the rule on how long, if at all, a user can keep the name without logging in.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:43 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Forever.

Old accounts don't get deleted.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:46 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I would like to have the user name,

Juggernaut

But a poster already has that user name. The thing is that he only has 4 post and hasn't posted or logged in since Mar 9th, 2004.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;userid=25314

I don't know the rule on how long, if at all, a user can keep the name without logging in.

You're S.O.L., unless it is a special circumstance you can't get a name already taken.

You can try modifying the name to suit yourself. IE:

:Juggernaut:
The_Juggernaut
Juggernaut(insert birth year here)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:57 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by Lana
Forever.

Old accounts don't get deleted.

I wasn't quite thinking deletion. On another board I visit if the user doesn't log in or post for 4 months you can take their name, but their account is not deleted.

For instance the name Juggernaut. An admin would change the inactive posters name to:

Inactive Juggernaut

or what ever the name is.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:57 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I wasn't quite thinking deletion. On another board I visit if the user doesn't log in or post for 4 months you can take their name, but their account is not deleted.

For instance the name Juggernaut. An admin would change the inactive posters name to:

Inactive Juggernaut

or what ever the name is.

Well that's not what we do here. We have members who don't login for many months at a time but sooner or later they show back up.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:59 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Ah, oh well it was worth a shot. But I don't believe he will be coming back. It has been a little over 3 years since he posted. I wish he chose a different user name, but then again someone else would have beat me to it.

I notice that on some of your previous user names you have the ™ symbol. Is that restricted to mods or admins or can anyone have that in their user name?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:11 AM
LanceWindu

Ah, oh well it was worth a shot. But I don't believe he will be coming back. It has been a little over 3 years since he posted. I wish he chose a different user name, but then again someone else would have beat me to it.

I notice that on some of your previous user names you have the ™ symbol. Is that restricted to mods or admins or can anyone have that in their user name?

Anyone can have it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:14 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I tried to request the user name Juggernaut™ but it said it was already used. But I did an advance search on the user name and it said No user specified. Is it already taken or not?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:22 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I tried to request the user name Juggernaut™ but it said it was already used. But I did an advance search on the user name and it said No user specified. Is it already taken or not?

Someone else probably used it at some point in time and has since changed it again.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:28 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Probably not taken, special characters aren't read by KMC properly. You'll have to ask Raz personally for the change. This has happened to me before. Though it's a different and unique name it'll tell you you can't use it.

Also there is a small possibility that what Barker said is true.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 05:09 AM
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Tried Jüggernaut? thats J(Alt+129)ggernaut

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 7th, 2007 08:18 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote