KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Death's Head, Yes?

Respect Death's Head, Yes?
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

I got my hands on the Transformers comics that he appears in, which includes his first appearence. The feats/battles are already posted on here (from the SHC site) but from a collecting standpoint I was excited to find them.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 07:30 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stupendous man
Intrigued yet Baffled.

I'm old enough to have collected the original Transformers comics which first featured Deaths Head. He was a brilliant addition to the comic. The Rodimus, Galvatron, Deaths Head arc was absolutely fantastic.

HUGE RESPECT FOR DEATHS HEAD...... YES?

YES, YES, YES!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 09:04 PM
stupendous man is currently offline Click here to Send stupendous man a Private Message Find more posts by stupendous man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah. And Simon Furman was always a solid writer. The Transformers stuff is a touch cliche, but now that I start to realize the power levels of various Transformers, it's cool to see that Death's Head is above nearly all of them except for Galvatron.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 12:30 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
"A guy named Galvatron" .. What the f**k? ... Galvatron is about the hardest Transformer (of normal size) there ever was (apart from Grimlock ... IMO)

And even though it is a monster feat to hurt him that much, it should be noted that, on the next panel, Galvatron rips his arm off and beats the shit out of him.

Still respect worthy though.

Galvatron ripped his arm off and beat the **** out of him... with the wet end?

Cool!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 05:19 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Death's Head returned in S.W.O.R.D. #1...no explanation how he is back though.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 07:22 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by -K-M-
Death's Head returned in S.W.O.R.D. #1...no explanation how he is back though.

Wait. The original Death's Head?!?! I really have to pick this up now. But yes, his resurrection seems a bit....odd. His creators are dead (if memory serves) and he was killed and gutted by Minion in the future. So it would be tricky, at best, for him to recreated with any sense of believability.

Still, awesome.

cool

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 05:18 PM
-K-M-

Yeah apparently the original, but who knows *shrugs*

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 08:52 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by -K-M-
Yeah apparently the original, but who knows *shrugs*

The most plausible explanation I can figure is that DH was an occasional time-traveler. As such, to him this could have taken place before his death at the hands DHII.

Or the writers just don't care. Either way, meh. I'm excited for SWORD #2

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 09:41 PM
Blinky
Android First Class

Awesome thread, Digi!

I first got into Death's Head after reading the Death's Head II limited series, not knowing anything about the Original. Then I started diggin up old comics of Death's Head and was a total fan. I love his humor and his design is awesome, Yes?

Glad to see other fans out there.

Just found this online: Cool Fan-fiction
http://soulmaninc.deviantart.com/ga...vs-Death-s-Head

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Last edited by Blinky on Nov 20th, 2009 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:31 PM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Blinky
Awesome thread, Digi!

I first got into Death's Head after reading the Death's Head II limited series, not knowing anything about the Original. Then I started diggin up old comics of Death's Head and was a total fan. I love his humor and his design is awesome, Yes?

Glad to see other fans out there.

Just found this online: Cool Fan-fiction
http://soulmaninc.deviantart.com/ga...vs-Death-s-Head

laughing out loud

Just saw this. It actually seems to be written fairly in character. DH would survive for a while against Hulk but shouldn't really be able to do a whole lot against him.

Nice find though.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 03:00 AM