Scaramanga is up there... he, along with Trevelyan (sp?) [who is also a great Bond villain] are the closest things we have to 'evil James'. I am also partial to Elliot Carver, Dr. No, Khamal Khan, and Le Chiffre.
1. Ernst Stavro Blofeld- The Joker or Lex Luthor of 007. James Bond archnemisis is the leader of the terrorist orginization known as SPECTRE.
2. Dr.No- A brilliant scientist with thos trademark steel hands. Arguably SPECTRE's #1 at the time.
3. Auric Goldfinger- One word describes this villain: CLASSIC. He is filthy rich and obsessed with gold. Oddjob is his henchmen and he is very dangerous. He is also has Pussy Galore working for him. Had Jill Masters painted gold while naked.
4. Fransisco Scaramanga- Alot of people like Sean Bean's performance in Goldeneye as the main villain:006. Supposedly Bond's equal. But if you havn't seen TMWTGG you are mistaken. For Scaramanga was the original and superior. Filthy rich and the most hostile man on the planet. Has his own island and his midget-servant Nick Nach tends him well.
5. Oddjob- Will always be remembered among Bond fans as the immensely strong and deadly henchman of Goldfinger. With his sheer mastery of throwing his hat at people, he seems at times unstoppable.
6. Rosa Klebb/Red Grant- Both in FRWL(which is the second best Bond film IMO) and did quite well. Klebb being the sideous withch she is and Red being SPECTRE's answer to 007 they are both loyal servants of SPECTRE.
I guess I should give real reasons why I like Scaramanga the most.
-He has his own private island, complete with personal Butler.
-Has his own power station, making the entire island self sufficient.
-The Golden Gun. Easily the best weapon in the Bond series and has since become an icon in Bond video games.
-Portrayed by the legendary Christopher Lee.
-Has his own flying car and Junk (Chinese Sailing Vessel).
-The fact that nobody in the world knows what he looks like is pretty damn awesome.
-Was the best and probably highest paid hitman in the world.
-Had Bond at gunpoint multiple times throughout the film, and was ultimately only killed because of his pride and arrogance.
-The fact that he has sex before he kills somebody is pretty neat.
There are more reasons, but I think that will suffice for now. Oh, I also quite like that white suit he wears.