KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Who can beat Superman inside the Sun's Core?!

Who can beat Superman inside the Sun's Core?!
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (29): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Not really. He's been shown to stay in there for thousands of years in DC 1million.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 10:49 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Madvillain
Nah, Superman can only absorb the sun up to a point, before his cells start to burst, and eventually kill him.

That's only All Star...and even that is questionable since there is a Superman Prime in his continuity....

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 10:49 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Madvillain
Nah, Superman can only absorb the sun up to a point, before his cells start to burst, and eventually kill him.

Wrong.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 10:51 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
That's only All Star...and even that is questionable since there is a Superman Prime in his continuity....

No that's supposely what happened to Supes and that's why he became All-Star so it's like a future stuff in a different way.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 10:51 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Galactus

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 10:52 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

All-star Superman is not the same as mainstream Superman. Different universes.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 10:56 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Yeah, I thought so..but I remember someone claiming it was present DC continuity, when they were defending Superman.

Anyway, Surfer accelerates the growth of the Sun till it becomes a Red Giant, then just kills him off afterwards.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:02 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by King KAM
I mean the man only surfed the crunch....erm

he was dying as a result of that feat.
though it's awesome how much punishment he could take from T&A before pulling off such a feat... phenomenal durability that.

still Surfer would be easily capable of dismantling Superman within the sun. worst comes to it, he could implode the sun, stick a blackhole in there and suck Superman out of it. he could collapse the sun around them both and all the while be draining Superman's energies and firing them back at him, destabilising his body.

he could do what he did to Firelord, overcharge him rapidly by playing dumb and weak and waiting for Superman to amp up, at which point he releases a condensed burst of yellow sun energy.

he could convert the sun's energies on the fly and simply poison Superman. he could amp himself up indefinitely and trade blows for a while (before he just simply put an end to proceedings) ...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:03 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Originally posted by janus77
he was dying as a result of that feat.
though it's awesome how much punishment he could take from T&A before pulling off such a feat... phenomenal durability that.

still Surfer would be easily capable of dismantling Superman within the sun. worst comes to it, he could implode the sun, stick a blackhole in there and suck Superman out of it. he could collapse the sun around them both and all the while be draining Superman's energies and firing them back at him, destabilising his body.

he could do what he did to Firelord, overcharge him rapidly by playing dumb and weak and waiting for Superman to amp up, at which point he releases a condensed burst of yellow sun energy.

he could convert the sun's energies on the fly and simply poison Superman. he could amp himself up indefinitely and trade blows for a while (before he just simply put an end to proceedings) ...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:06 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ok fine. Who besides the Surfer?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Rewmac
No that's supposely what happened to Supes and that's why he became All-Star so it's like a future stuff in a different way.

????

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:10 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by Soljer
I wonder....

Obviously, Superman getting the Sundip would amp him up to CONSIDERABLE levels.

However, if the Surfer IMMEDIATELY absorbed the entire sun, he would also be amped to considerable levels...

confused.

Yeah SS would be a walking sun, Supes pretty much absorbs SS's energy.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:10 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Originally posted by Board Walker

nah, it's the other way round.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:13 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

All it takes is a super-armlock and the fight's over.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:16 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elemental Firestorm
Phoenix
Galactus
Ion
Tyrant

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:19 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I wonder if a smart, determined GL could do it?

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:29 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Board Walker

The Surfer can kind of control energy. no expression.

He needn't emit it lest he cares to, and I'd like to think Norrin's smart enough to to go firing yellow sun radiation all over the place. He could always convert it to cosmic energy, red sun radiation or something else, however...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:29 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by illadelph12

Me too.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:32 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Hal Jordan also, and Quasar with armor.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:33 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by illadelph12

The GL will have to think smart and fast enough to pull anything off before he is obliterated by Supes.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:35 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote