KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Underestimated characters

Underestimated characters
Started by: llagrok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tjcoady

I haven't read through the first couple pages, so tell me if I'm overstepping bounds.

Jimmy Olsen. Dude deserves a title. He had one for more than a hundred issues.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 01:24 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
And all those who going on and on about Punisher being underrated despite having the feats have forgotten that all his opponents are totally watered down for Frank to prevail. His fights with others make no sense considering his opponent's feats. Feats and PIS resulting from bad writing are different. Frank owning some fodder in swordfight? Believable. Frank beating an unknown master swordsman in a swordfight? Plausible, but kinda difficult to digest when Frank had never shown to be skilled with swords, but can be explained with retcon. Frank beating Deadpool in a swordfight. Just stupid PIS brought on due to bad writing, jobbing Wade to make Frank look badass
Frank is consistently good though. But he's never beaten Deadpool in a sword fight. They never had a sword fight to my knowledge.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 09:57 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Didn't Frank get ninjutsu training? He's one of those characters that are formidable with most weapons, swords just aren't his usual style.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 12:16 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Guy Gardner, at least in story. Man's come through more times then not, even back in the Giffen days. Defeated Eclipsed Superman, even, yet always gets treated like the dumb jock by Hal, John, the JLA (Except Kyle, who respects him.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wonder woman.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 12:33 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
And all those who going on and on about Punisher being underrated despite having the feats have forgotten that all his opponents are totally watered down for Frank to prevail. His fights with others make no sense considering his opponent's feats. Feats and PIS resulting from bad writing are different. Frank owning some fodder in swordfight? Believable. Frank beating an unknown master swordsman in a swordfight? Plausible, but kinda difficult to digest when Frank had never shown to be skilled with swords, but can be explained with retcon. Frank beating Deadpool in a swordfight. Just stupid PIS brought on due to bad writing, jobbing Wade to make Frank look badass

Punisher is actually an expert in ninjuitsu that includes swords. I think it might have seen him doing sword training specifically but im not sure. I wouldn't be suprised because hes shown to be an expert with a bow and arrow.

Old Post May 10th, 2015 03:50 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Spawn... Everybody sarts out just thinkin he just another demon.. Then he go out and kills god

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post May 11th, 2015 02:56 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos.

Old Post May 11th, 2015 04:13 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I'd say Nimrod could be pretty underestimated given his ability to adapt and some fights he has had.

Old Post May 11th, 2015 04:43 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by SamZED
Frank is consistently good though. But he's never beaten Deadpool in a sword fight. They never had a sword fight to my knowledge.

I am pretty sure they did in an Thunderbolts issue

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 20th, 2015 09:42 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote