KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Is PSP better than DS hardware wise?

Is PSP better than DS hardware wise?
Started by: Sai1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sony just cut the price of the PSP, I doubt they'd do it again.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 10:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's been able to do that for a while (I made a post in thia area using it)- frankly, don't put too much value in that. It's not particularly good at it- again, down to basic system design. DS wasn't realy built for that kind of thing, PSP was.

The PSP is a neat piece of kit. It's just the wrong product.

I was speaking to the US and Canadian users. Is the DS Browser out in Canada and the US? I knew it was out pretty much everywhere else but did it finally make its way here as well? confused

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 9th, 2007 03:34 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kardinal

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I was speaking to the US and Canadian users. Is the DS Browser out in Canada and the US? I knew it was out pretty much everywhere else but did it finally make its way here as well? confused

Right you are... According to Wikipedia the browser will be released on June 4th, 2007 in North America.

Apparently it's going to cost the same as a regular DS game. That's a little expensive considering the DS browser is kinda lacking with no audio, video or flash support. The Wii browser is free/$5 and is far more robust, but I guess they need to charge for the hardware to go along with the DS browser.

Last edited by Kardinal on May 9th, 2007 at 03:53 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2007 03:44 AM
Kardinal is currently offline Click here to Send Kardinal a Private Message Find more posts by Kardinal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Lana
Well, the PSP is a game system. Yet they put so much emphasis on the fact that you can watch movies, listen to music, and go online with it, and almost none on the games itself.

UMDs failed because why would anyone buy a movie they can download onto their memory stick? PSP game sales are poor for the same reason - very few decent games are being made and people just emulate with it.

And since when have handhelds ever been about graphics? They've always been about fast fun and nothing but. It's the one type of system where you can truly say that graphics are the single least important thing.

The PSP is a good thing in theory. But Sony seriously went the wrong way with...well...all of it.

when was the last time you played your PSP?

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:08 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by OB1-adobe

You're making a pretty big assumption there.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:11 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Last time I played mine was December 11th, 2004.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:14 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kardinal

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Last time I played mine was December 11th, 2004.

You stopped playing a day before the launch in the first region, Japan?

My head just exploded...

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:22 AM
Kardinal is currently offline Click here to Send Kardinal a Private Message Find more posts by Kardinal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Kardinal
You stopped playing a day before the launch in the first region, Japan?

My head just exploded...

(please log in to view the image)

Also, head explodey. How does an open mind feel?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:37 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kardinal

I walked right into that... rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 9th, 2007 04:45 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

if by 'better' you mean 'more powerful'... then yes..

but by 'funfactor' the DS has the upper hand

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 9th, 2007 08:36 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

You're making a pretty big assumption there.

Don't dis what you don't own.

People treat the Psp like it was suppose to be some next gen consol.

Nintendo has their hand in the handhelds and it will stay that way. More gameboys SP's were sold than gamecubes.................and by a ton.

More Playstion 2s were sold than Gamecubes.............and by a universe lenghth.

You can't really compare DS and PSP because they offer two differnt things.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 02:37 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hardware wise, PSP destroys the DS.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post May 9th, 2007 03:20 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Don't dis what you don't own.

People treat the Psp like it was suppose to be some next gen consol.

Nintendo has their hand in the handhelds and it will stay that way. More gameboys SP's were sold than gamecubes.................and by a ton.

More Playstion 2s were sold than Gamecubes.............and by a universe lenghth.

You can't really compare DS and PSP because they offer two differnt things.

I don't own it because there are no games on it that interest me. That doesn't mean I haven't played one before. I have many many times. It's a neat little thing but really not worth paying the amount of money it costs and having to deal with the fact that if you look at it wrong, it'll break.

Maybe if it had decent games, then I might have an interest in it. But why on earth would I pay that much money for something that has no good games?

And don't even say "well it can play music and movies and go online". I have an iPod and laptop for that. If I'm going to buy a game system, then I'm going to decide based on the games available for it and nothing more than that.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 03:46 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I don't own it because there are no games on it that interest me. That doesn't mean I haven't played one before. I have many many times. It's a neat little thing but really not worth paying the amount of money it costs and having to deal with the fact that if you look at it wrong, it'll break.

Maybe if it had decent games, then I might have an interest in it. But why on earth would I pay that much money for something that has no good games?

And don't even say "well it can play music and movies and go online". I have an iPod and laptop for that. If I'm going to buy a game system, then I'm going to decide based on the games available for it and nothing more than that.

Well yeah it does go online, and play movies, and music. They are nice little features and its NOT why I primarly bought the thing.

I wanted to play metal gear, and GTA.

But with all it can do, the thing is dream......mostly when the power goes out during a huge blizzard or rain storm.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 06:41 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

Well, now that the DSi is coming out, this whole debate is kind of pointless. Sony failed at hanhelds, Microsoft didn't even try, and Nintendo won.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 07:05 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Hardware wise, PSP DESTROYS the DS. I traded my DS Lite for a PSP 3000.

DS has the better library but the PSP has the best games. It's not like the PSP wan unsuccessful, just not as successful as the DS.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 22nd, 2009 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 07:16 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

Yeah. It didn't do as bad as one would've expected, but it still didn't do as well as Sony hoped.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 07:22 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Seeing how the PsP is a broken design, considering no second analog stick, I have to give this to the DS. This however is like picking two piles of shit. One pile doesnt smell so bad and plays only children games with poor retro graphics, the other pile smells of horribly wasted potential while utilizing an incredible screen to view your shit through. PsP produces only shit games that smell worse than the system itself, but atleast look good while smelling like shit

I have to take back this statement from two years ago. Although, i still agree with my statement that the analog stick is useless. The PsP has recently impressed the shit out of me. The library of games that it has massed over the years make the system well worth a purchase.

Being able to play movies, music, surf the internet, take pictures is just incredible. PsP rocks

It's also a great device for pirates wink

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 08:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Hardware-wise, PSP is obviously miles ahead from DS.

More CPU power, graphics at par with PS2, can play MP3s and MPGs without the use of slot devices (you don't need to use ILLEGAL cartridges like R4DS), a larger and more vibrant screen, lighter, and slimmer.

The games for the PSP are better IMO, for a hardcore gamer like me.
DS has nothing in its library that can rival the sheer awesomeness of such games like God of War or Crisis Core or Dissidia.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:55 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The PSP vs. DS is another case of superior hardware making what ends up being an inferior system.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 04:41 PM