KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Is PSP better than DS hardware wise?

Is PSP better than DS hardware wise?
Started by: Sai1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
The PSP vs. DS is another case of superior hardware making what ends up being an inferior system.

Inferior in what way?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Mar 23rd, 2009 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 05:27 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Inferior in what way?

Inferior in entertaining and enticing the consumers. Inferior in selling either hardware or software, inferior in game quality...

I could go on.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Mar 23rd, 2009 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 05:55 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I only own a DS. It's fun. I like their two screen/touch screen idea. Some very enjoyable games.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2009 06:00 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

PSP is better...yup I said it. Who wants to throw hands?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 01:24 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Inferior in entertaining and enticing the consumers. Inferior in selling either hardware or software, inferior in game quality...

I could go on.

Did you read the title?

DS outselling PSP does NOT prove that it is superior to PSP, HARDWARE-WISE.
'Entertainment' depends on each individual, so that argument is void.

Inferior in software and game quality???
Have you even used a PSP?

Besides software and game quality has NO correlation with hardware. NOTHING AT ALL.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 03:54 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Read people's posts correctly before getting so agitated, occult. GK was following up Lana's post which very clearly indeed said that the DS was superior despite being inferior in hardware.

You simply waste everyone's time by acting like that. You asked the question, he answered. It is close to flaming to respond so.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:00 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

PSP has better hardware but the DS has better features/games.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:14 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Incidentally, stuff like the dual screens and touch capacity counts as hardware. So to be more accurate, the PSP has better specs.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:31 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last night's "Gadget show" made the bold claim that the ipod touch will steal the DSi's thunder and become the premier handheld gaming device.

Can't see it happening to be honest. Although I think that the DSi should really be a bigger step up than what it is going to be. A quarter inch bigger screen and 2 crap cameras with little or no increase in hardware performance. Unless they really utilise the cameras to make innovative new apps then it's just a DS with cameras stuck on.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:36 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Although I am getting one myself I cannot give the DSi a wider recommendation to anyone who already has a DS, especially a Lite. It's there to keep on selling to saturated markets, really. The SD card slot and potential future virtual console for handhelds is probably the deal breaker for me but it's not going to be for everyone.

The Itouch is a neat piece of gear and going to be popular, certainly, but... Nintendo just have the killer franchises for handhelds still.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 24th, 2009 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 10:45 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Am I the only one who has the first iteration of the DS?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

No, I've got the original too, and I know of at least four other people who also have it.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2009 02:34 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:01 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

But you can't use your UMDS on it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

And so?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 11:32 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

the psp is more advanced and technologically superior to the DS but lacks charm, ease of use, durability, a library of good games like that of the DS, and nintendo's infamous penchant for making their handhelds region free so you don't really miss out on anything no matter where you live. Plus UMD movies are just useless.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 09:01 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by General Kaliero

I could go on.

I'm quite entertained and satisfied with my PsP. I like being able to use the internet, watch movies, call friends and play great games on a handheld game system. The games on the PsP range from classic to shit...,just like any system.

I would say that the Nintendo Ds is inferior in game quality. Most of the games are corny or pointless. What is this charm that people say the PsP lacks? Furthermore, what charm does the Ds have that the PsP doesnt? Anyone who plays on a DS secretly wishes they were playing on a PsP instead, admit it.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 10:10 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Kardinal
I seemed to have missed the "very clear" statement that Sony made. Do you have a link?

Either way, I don't know if Sony is making a profit on the PSP, but if they are, they have no cause for complaint. If they expect to rule every market, they're sadly mistaken. They've definately had their share of failings (Betamax anyone?), I just don't see PSP as one of them.

I know what he's talking about. Sony did say that. They used almost the same exact wording too.

I did a google search and the internet is so saturated with the PSP Go news that I can't get to anything of "back in the day" stuff for the pre-release of the PSP.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 11:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Anyone who plays on a DS secretly wishes they were playing on a PsP instead, admit it.

That is simple insanity talking. In any case, you are one man trying tio turn back the tide there. Both publically and critically it is overhwlemingly considered that the DS has the better gaming catalogue.

And the point is for all the doodads, when it comes to handheld game systems, people are massively focused on enjoying the games. Not the bells and whistles.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 07:24 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

hence the wii-mote.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 07:53 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote