KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Identity problem

Identity problem
Started by: Ytse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ytse
Neophyte

Identity problem

Hey,

I'm being accused of being a former member who seems to have been banned. It wouldn't be a problem except someone is trying to use it to discredit everything I say. My posts are repeatedly being responded to with a picture of a sock.

Humorous but very annoying. And totally unfair. Is there anything I can do to clear this up?

Old Post May 6th, 2007 05:55 PM
Ytse is currently offline Click here to Send Ytse a Private Message Find more posts by Ytse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats funny is EVERY TIME someone makes a "why am being called a sock?" thread, they are in fact a sock laughing out loud just what ive observed.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:27 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter
whats funny is EVERY TIME someone makes a "why am being called a sock?" thread, they are in fact a sock laughing out loud just what ive observed.

This isn't helpful. sad

Are you saying that even if there is no proof I'm a "sock" the idea just has to be introduced to the community and then I'm screwed?

Brilliant...

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:32 PM
Ytse is currently offline Click here to Send Ytse a Private Message Find more posts by Ytse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Schecter

laughing

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:34 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
laughing

This is the guy giving me grief.

I've tried reporting his posts but the moderators haven't said anything in regards to the issue.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:36 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Ytse
This is the guy giving me grief.

I've tried reporting his posts but the moderators haven't said anything in regards to the issue.

I already reported you for socking and trolling days ago.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:46 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

I already reported you for socking and trolling days ago.

Good.

Then the admins will look at my IP and I'll be vindicated.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:48 PM
Adam_PoE

Good.

Because banned members have never created sock accounts with new IP addresses. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:53 PM
Ytse
Neophyte

Because banned members have never created sock accounts with new IP addresses. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I really don't know a ton about computers but they'll see my geographic location and they'll see all of my posts have been from that same place.

If that isn't the case then it seems you're saying that there's no way to verify whether I'm a "sock" or not and that you feel it's prudent to alienate me and be a jerk based on some pretty weak evidence.

I think you should be a little bit more objective here because this is really not fair to me.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 06:59 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good.

yup, its official

FAIL

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 6th, 2007 07:15 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

This is the forum I was directed to for such questions. But all I've gotten here is more of the same nonsense.

Can anyone other than these two tell me how to clear this up?

Old Post May 6th, 2007 07:20 PM
Adam_PoE

This is the forum I was directed to for such questions. But all I've gotten here is more of the same nonsense.

Can anyone other than these two tell me how to clear this up?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 6th, 2007 07:45 PM
Utrigita

No that is not the way but perhaps you should do it instead and get the new member some space that would be appriciated.

It is near impossible to get out of the evil circle especially with some jerk (no names but look at the post above) constantly messing around and making you member time here a living hell, funny KMC used to be a friendly forum to many idiots must have joined lately.

Now for the IP-adresse, a proxy IP changes at any given time, and it is therefore impossible to know if you are a new member ore a old banned, but you Real IP-address the one that allows you access to the net the one you needs a new order (a entire new account at you internet host), I don't know if they can see that one but I believe they can. Els go to http://www.leader.ru/secure/who.html and tjeck it out (hope mine isn't there) now thats you real then contact the one that got kicked out and ask him polite to do the same with a little luck he will then ask him to mail it to the moderators and mail you own to that SHOULD clear up any mistake.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 09:20 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

Thanks, Utrigita.

I'll just use the "report" function as necessary I suppose.

Old Post May 6th, 2007 09:48 PM
Utrigita

Do that els try find out what exactly the person did and make sure you doesn't do it okay... Hope it gets better, it is really funny being on here big grin

Old Post May 6th, 2007 09:50 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

First of all, in regards to the overwhelming sock mania that goes on here these days, it is practically a paranoia. So that only serves to vindicate the socking members. They get banned, take it personally, and return over and over again in order to destroy the forums and incite frenzy. In this respect the trolling socks have won.

Secondly, the many long time members are rarely wrong when they identify a new member that is a sock. It's no one thing that gives it away. Sometimes it's the personality of the new member, sometimes it's the fact that a completely new member arrives on the boards and exhibits animosity towards certain members or subjects.

When a brand new member arrives and sets in to immeadiately post in threads with the same personality and anger over the thread's topic, it's clear that they aren't a brand new member. Having the same opinion as a banned member isn't indicative of being a sock, but expressing those same opinions in exactly the same manner is.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 7th, 2007 12:36 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

Originally posted by Devil King
First of all, in regards to the overwhelming sock mania that goes on here these days, it is practically a paranoia.

It's a witch hunt apparently.

quote:
Secondly, the many long time members are rarely wrong when they identify a new member that is a sock.

They're entirely wrong in this case. Why is noone willing to give me the benefit of the doubt? I've reported posts and I've PM'd moderators but they have nothing to say to me.

quote:
When a brand new member arrives and sets in to immeadiately post in threads with the same personality and anger over the thread's topic, it's clear that they aren't a brand new member.

Firstly, I'm not angry. I'm frustrated. I just join the messageboard and I get inundated with all of these accusations right off the bat. Are you saying my response is unreasonable?

Secondly, I went right for those topics because I frequent a number of theology boards. It's an interest of mine.

quote:
but expressing those same opinions in exactly the same manner is.

Any connection there is entirely specious.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 12:53 AM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you saying my response is unreasonable?

I am not addressing you at all.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 7th, 2007 01:25 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

get a avatar and signature ?

does this work?

Old Post May 7th, 2007 01:27 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

well... from what i've seen KMC does give alot of people of people second chances.
Even if he was a sock without proof nothing could be done unless he offends, but if members continue to harrass the person they think to be a sock, they themselves will be the one that may up being banned.
Let him be for now, if he does something wrong again then report him.
There have been members in the past who have behaved inappropriately got themselves banned, made a new account and have themselve become acceptable members of the community.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 03:29 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote