KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Identity problem

Identity problem
Started by: Ytse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Devil King
First of all, in regards to the overwhelming sock mania that goes on here these days, it is practically a paranoia. So that only serves to vindicate the socking members. They get banned, take it personally, and return over and over again in order to destroy the forums and incite frenzy. In this respect the trolling socks have won.

Secondly, the many long time members are rarely wrong when they identify a new member that is a sock. It's no one thing that gives it away. Sometimes it's the personality of the new member, sometimes it's the fact that a completely new member arrives on the boards and exhibits animosity towards certain members or subjects.

When a brand new member arrives and sets in to immeadiately post in threads with the same personality and anger over the thread's topic, it's clear that they aren't a brand new member. Having the same opinion as a banned member isn't indicative of being a sock, but expressing those same opinions in exactly the same manner is.

Thats isn't my experience it is actually quiet the opposite. My first day I said I was a dane and BAM I was jugde, because of my being a Dane making a thread (Galactus Vs Celestials) that was enough to make me Judge and only that two things, haven't even written anything.

Sometimes member joins just to ask a question I did as also memtioned above.

Old Post May 7th, 2007 11:51 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by Utrigita
Thats isn't my experience it is actually quiet the opposite. My first day I said I was a dane and BAM I was jugde, because of my being a Dane making a thread (Galactus Vs Celestials) that was enough to make me Judge and only that two things, haven't even written anything.

You seem to intelligent to be the Judge i mean he was an idiot.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 7th, 2007 07:14 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Utrigita

I don't believe I know you.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 7th, 2007 08:31 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by {{QS}}
You seem to intelligent to be the Judge i mean he was an idiot.

Thanks, it also stopped pretty quickly but the fact remain that a very lange procentage of the member believed I was Judge because of me joining and making a thread and answearing a question about my nationality.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:35 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by Devil King
I don't believe I know you.

You probably doesn't I spend most of my time in the Comic vs forum and some time in the history forum but that is mainly reading.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:35 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

like it or not, most (and i mean MOST) sock trolls come from the versus forum. if people notice a pattern they will say something. so once in a while they are wrong. most of the time they are right. keep in mind i dont refer to you since i really dont know this 'judge' clown to begin with, so i have no idea. i know its not fair that people are suspicious, but life's not fair. just be thankful you've only been wrongly accused of something so trivial as opposed to murder/rape/theft/etc.

:edit: best way to wash off suspicion is to avoid the topic. sock trolls enjoy fighting in just the same manner. "prove im not a sock", "sock checker cleared me" etc. just avoid it. if anyone pisses you off to where you cant then either PM them or ignore them. its all i can suggest. but dont complain about it not being fair because...nobody cares.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Last edited by Schecter on May 8th, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2007 12:53 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Because banned members have never created sock accounts with new IP addresses. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes but the problem is using that logic I could accuse anyone of being a sock.

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post May 8th, 2007 03:32 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by Starhawk

Actually you couldn't because you'd also need to say who they were a sock of.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 8th, 2007 03:53 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Like we can call you Eclipso. happy

Old Post May 8th, 2007 03:59 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually you couldn't because you'd also need to say who they were a sock of.

You could pick any banned member you wanted to.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 04:14 PM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

Originally posted by Schecter
i know its not fair that people are suspicious, but life's not fair. just be thankful you've only been wrongly accused of something so trivial as opposed to murder/rape/theft/etc.

There is a difference in being suspicious and making dozens of public accusations in a hostile manner. Which is what I experienced my first day registered here.

It makes me think some of these people are total jerks. It's hard for me to fathom why any rational person would think such behavior is justified, let alone prudent. I didn't even know what the hell a "sock" was supposed to mean so I had to go to freaking urban dictionary and look it up.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 04:16 PM
Ytse is currently offline Click here to Send Ytse a Private Message Find more posts by Ytse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

You could pick any banned member you wanted to.

Actually you couldn't as behaviours are often looked at.Whirly likes the GDF and OTF and likes fake persona's.You on the other hand make a certain style of sig that is highly identifiable.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post May 8th, 2007 04:33 PM
LanceWindu

Actually you couldn't as behaviours are often looked at.Whirly likes the GDF and OTF and likes fake persona's.You on the other hand make a certain style of sig that is highly identifiable.

Same exact style of sig Eclipso made too. wink

Old Post May 8th, 2007 04:38 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ytse
There is a difference in being suspicious and making dozens of public accusations in a hostile manner. Which is what I experienced my first day registered here.

It makes me think some of these people are total jerks. It's hard for me to fathom why any rational person would think such behavior is justified, let alone prudent. I didn't even know what the hell a "sock" was supposed to mean so I had to go to freaking urban dictionary and look it up.

oh you're so damn dramatic. i recommend suing them all for mental distress, pain and suffering roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:03 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ytse
Neophyte

oh you're so damn dramatic.

*jazz hands*

But yeah, drama aside...I'm right.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:06 PM
Ytse is currently offline Click here to Send Ytse a Private Message Find more posts by Ytse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

like i said, the more you press the issue the more suspicious people become. this is because of the apparent trend where people who really arent sock trolls just want everyone to stfu about it, while actual sock trolls have to keep combatting and arguing the point ad nauseum. people have a short attention span here, so you can either feed it or just chill out and deal with it. there is an 'ignore' function at KMC, as well as private messenging, or if you cant deal with either you can always use the 'report' function.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 05:12 PM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually no I don't and there are many people on here that use my sig style I know because I use their work as a basis for mine.

The point is, in the past calling someone guilty based on nothing but half guesses and circumstantial evidence has had allot of consequences. And what if you were the wrongfully accused and no matter what you said no one believed you?

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:21 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually no I don't and there are many people on here that use my sig style I know because I use their work as a basis for mine.

The point is, in the past calling someone guilty based on nothing but half guesses and circumstantial evidence has had allot of consequences. And what if you were the wrongfully accused and no matter what you said no one believed you?

you fail yipyap

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:34 PM
Syren
dreaming

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:59 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

like it or not, most (and i mean MOST) sock trolls come from the versus forum. if people notice a pattern they will say something. so once in a while they are wrong. most of the time they are right. keep in mind i dont refer to you since i really dont know this 'judge' clown to begin with, so i have no idea. i know its not fair that people are suspicious, but life's not fair. just be thankful you've only been wrongly accused of something so trivial as opposed to murder/rape/theft/etc.

:edit: best way to wash off suspicion is to avoid the topic. sock trolls enjoy fighting in just the same manner. "prove im not a sock", "sock checker cleared me" etc. just avoid it. if anyone pisses you off to where you cant then either PM them or ignore them. its all i can suggest. but dont complain about it not being fair because...nobody cares.

Sometimes it seems like that is the crime commited for trolling sock ore things of that nature.

It is two sided if I choose to stay on the topic to prove my innocence then "hey it is him" but if I stay off that topic you can be sure that the members who believes me to be another person will follow me anywhere I go in that entire section, because they have some weird and twisted idea that because I am leaving is because they are right about there suspecion so what do you do then ... do nothing you are judged and do something you are still judged.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 08:20 PM