KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Whats the most boring sport?

Whats the most boring sport?
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Because they are sports...they all either have a physical aspect to it, or mental. Plus aren't all sports human competition? I do think those things you listed are sports, as stupid as it may sound. After all, if bird watching, and remote control boating are official sports then those should be as well.

Playing mind games with your co-workers could be a sport.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 08:34 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
Because they are sports...they all either have a physical aspect to it, or mental. Plus aren't all sports human competition? I do think those things you listed are sports, as stupid as it may sound. After all, if bird watching, and remote control boating are official sports then those should be as well.

Admiral, I see your point. What I'm saying though is that sports, to me, means a physical activity that requieres physical prowess and stamina. OTHER people consider sports to be all sorts of recreational activities(a.k.a. games and other activities). If that's how you're looking at it, then yes, golf, chess, bird watching and all those are sports.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 09:15 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superr

Cricket isnt just boring, the elitist jargon is designed to exclude the casual observer,Whilst watching a match on tv i wrote down each term i not only didnt know but found impenetrable from observing the play . In 30 mins i had filled 2 pages of a note book.
Competetive angling really has to be done. T V dosent work here, the only reason to watch another angler is to pick his/her brains

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 11:01 PM
superr is currently offline Click here to Send superr a Private Message Find more posts by superr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

golf, baseball, nascar

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 11:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Callan

Originally posted by TheGame17
oh i'm sorry! its futbol (with an accent)

its boring as hell! something exciting happens once every 20 minutes, but the rest is just shit.

That's if you're lucky. I don't think it's worth it to sit around for 2+ hours to glean maybe 10 minutes of excitement.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 04:48 PM
Callan is currently offline Click here to Send Callan a Private Message Find more posts by Callan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Basketball by far easily.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 11:58 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I'm telling you all its curling.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 12:02 AM
Elite Hunter is currently offline Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anaconda
Jukebox

golf , basketball, baseball, swimming

never argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you by experience

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 01:53 PM
anaconda is currently offline Click here to Send anaconda a Private Message Find more posts by anaconda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
golf, baseball, nascar

golf and baseball are MUCH funner to play than basketball.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 10:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Mr Parker

They're all boring to watch to me. As for playing, i dont know if i would agree with that, but i suppose i can how one would think that. Personally, i prefer to play a sport that puts you in the midst of constant motion.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 02:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

If you're old.

Basketball is more fun to play than it is to watch.

Football is the least boring sport to watch. It's the non-continuous play that makes it great.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 02:29 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I cant watch any sport that takes more time to set up the play than it does to execute. The penalties and commercials in football make it unbearable to watch at times

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 04:29 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Penalties are not that common in football, really. Penalty shootouts are even rarer, cos it doesn't happen in league games.

Commercials aren't part of the sport.

Funner?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 06:55 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Squash is probably the funneriest sport to participate insmile

(Seeing as were inventing new words)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 07:48 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Anyone knows the name of that sport in which a group of fat women push around a big round thing in the ice by using brooms?

That's **** BORING!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 02:08 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cricket.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 02:27 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
a big round thing in the ice
You mean curling irons?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 04:48 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. AJ 3rd
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spam.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 06:18 PM
Mr. AJ 3rd is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. AJ 3rd a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. AJ 3rd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. AJ 3rd
Restricted

Account Restricted

spam

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 06:18 PM
Mr. AJ 3rd is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. AJ 3rd a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. AJ 3rd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Anyone knows the name of that sport in which a group of fat women push around a big round thing in the ice by using brooms?

That's **** BORING!

Curling, thats weird. I couldnīt believe the first time I saw this, I thought it was some sort of comedy show.

But all the women arnīt fat. I accidentally come across some world cup tournament thing once on TV, and the Nordic women were rather fit. I actually watched it for 10 minutes, for that and other reasons, one being to try and understand what the hell they were doing.

Last edited by Bicnarok on Jan 16th, 2008 at 06:44 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 06:42 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote