KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Halo Movie

The Halo Movie
Started by: LORD JLRTENJAC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

Is this a Halo movie trailer ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcreY0X33k

Benhacker cool

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 03:47 AM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Well something that could've been

but now development on the movie has been dead for a while now.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 03:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

they're focusing more on the Halo Legends manga - probably not manga but i use the word loosely. and of course, Halo Reach

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2009 11:22 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Benhacker
Terminator Future Prophet

I saw some short clips of Halo: Legends on GTTV Presents Halo 3 ODST Countdown to Launch and they look totally wicked.

Here they are(all in one video) :
Halo: Legends sneak peak

Benhacker cool

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 03:42 AM
Benhacker is currently offline Click here to Send Benhacker a Private Message Find more posts by Benhacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Benhacker
Is this a Halo movie trailer ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUcreY0X33k

Benhacker cool

No, that was just viral marketing for Halo 3.

Man, this thread brings back memories...

Old Post Oct 13th, 2009 04:35 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
full_movies_43
Restricted

Account Restricted

I played Halo game and it was very good. Looking forward t o watching Halo movie.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 03:28 PM
full_movies_43 is currently offline Click here to Send full_movies_43 a Private Message Find more posts by full_movies_43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeroking24
Xbox gamertag is z0 dog

i cant wait till halo movie comes out it looks like it would be like real.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 03:30 PM
zeroking24 is currently offline Click here to Send zeroking24 a Private Message Find more posts by zeroking24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

The Halo Movie Will Happen

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 09:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Nuul
Kramer

The same team that was supposed to do it before better doing it again.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 01:01 AM
The Nuul is currently offline Click here to Send The Nuul a Private Message Find more posts by The Nuul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flying shadow

so there making a Halo movie?

i prefer Half Life

Old Post Apr 25th, 2010 04:00 PM
flying shadow is currently offline Click here to Send flying shadow a Private Message Find more posts by flying shadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

I'm not a gamer, but my friend was telling me the premise for the Halo books, and it sounds like it would make a pretty cool movie. So what's holding this up exactly?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 01:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Budget i'm guessing

would'nt be surprised if that was the case for alot of games to movies if they actually went and did a good job of it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 12:50 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'm not a gamer, but my friend was telling me the premise for the Halo books, and it sounds like it would make a pretty cool movie. So what's holding this up exactly?

The plug got pulled at Universal because even with Peter Jackson & Neill Blomkamp attached to make it (they would go on instead to make District 9), there was a fear that even they couldn't solve the jinx of the video game to movie adaption curse. It has never worked, to date. And for the giant budget Halo would require...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 10:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Originally posted by roughrider
....And for the giant budget Halo would require...

But Halo has a gigantic following, doesn't it? That + Peter Jackson would sell a shitload of tickets, I would think.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 11:50 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

But Halo has a gigantic following, doesn't it? That + Peter Jackson would sell a shitload of tickets, I would think.

Jean Claude Van Damme once claimed the same thing for Street Fighter, and that his movie of it would be an assured success. He was wrong both artistically and commercially.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 01:37 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Hey, don't talk shit about Street Fighter... hahaha

Fair enough. no expression But there's still the Peter Jackson factor, and Street Fighter was just a silly fighting game; whereas, it sounds like Halo has as fairly in-depth plot. My friend says the books are actually pretty good.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 02:27 AM
Kazenji

and Street Fighter was just a silly fighting game; whereas, it sounds like Halo has as fairly in-depth plot. My friend says the books are actually pretty good.

So does Street Fighter it too has a "In depth" plot....just maybe not as much as Halo.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 05:48 AM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:38 AM
Patient_Leech

no expression

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 02:51 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

It's funny how Hollywood hasn't figured out how to adapt a video game into a good movie yet. Is creating a proper narrative that much of a challenge?

I mean, Pirates Of The Caribbean is a monstrously successful movie franchise, and that's based off a theme park ride!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 04:17 PM
Patient_Leech

Hmm... yeah, that is an interesting point. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that most of the directors that they get to direct videogame adaptations are mediocre at best. Paul WS Anderson, Uwe Boll 'o' Shit.. (they're the only two that come to mind right away). Perhaps the writers are of similar quality. I actually rather like the Silent Hill movie, but not because it's an incredibly well-told narrative, but because I think the atmosphere, visuals, and performances are really strong. I dunno... I like it. *shrug*

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 05:24 PM