KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Halo Movie

The Halo Movie
Started by: LORD JLRTENJAC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hmm... yeah, that is an interesting point. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that most of the directors that they get to direct videogame adaptations are mediocre at best. Paul WS Anderson, Uwe Boll 'o' Shit.. (they're the only two that come to mind right away). Perhaps the writers are of similar quality. I actually rather like the Silent Hill movie, but not because it's an incredibly well-told narrative, but because I think the atmosphere, visuals, and performances are really strong. I dunno... I like it. *shrug*

Silent Hill makes me chuckle, just because it was shot in my hometown of Brantford. You want an abandoned ghost town setting, go someplace that won Worst Downtown Core In Canada for a few straight years (yes, actual award. We also won awards for best parks & gardens, located in our suburbs.) My friend & I play spot the location watching it, grinning and laughing. The waterfall scene early on? It's called The Devil's Punchbowl (great name), just outside Hamilton. Anyway...I liked Pyramid Head. You knew serious s*** was going to happen when he came on screen.

So - so Jerry Bruckheimer figures out how to make a theme park ride into a movie, but goes straight to a videogame (Prince Of Persia) and largely whiffs the ball. Did all he need was Johnny Depp mugging on screen as the crazy uncle type?

Is that what it would take to make Halo? Have Johnny Depp camping it up in there? God knows worldwide audiences can't seem to get enough of him chewing the scenery.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 11:52 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
no expression

Yeah not 'in-depth'....erm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II_(manga)

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 02:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Originally posted by roughrider
Silent Hill makes me chuckle, just because it was shot in my hometown of Brantford. You want an abandoned ghost town setting, go someplace that won Worst Downtown Core In Canada for a few straight years (yes, actual award. We also won awards for best parks & gardens, located in our suburbs.) My friend & I play spot the location watching it, grinning and laughing. The waterfall scene early on? It's called The Devil's Punchbowl (great name), just outside Hamilton. Anyway...I liked Pyramid Head. You knew serious s*** was going to happen when he came on screen.

Hahaha... that's pretty awesome.. sounds like it holds a special place in your heart, then... laughing

Originally posted by roughrider
So - so Jerry Bruckheimer figures out how to make a theme park ride into a movie, but goes straight to a videogame (Prince Of Persia) and largely whiffs the ball. Did all he need was Johnny Depp mugging on screen as the crazy uncle type?

Is that what it would take to make Halo? Have Johnny Depp camping it up in there? God knows worldwide audiences can't seem to get enough of him chewing the scenery.

Yeah, seriously. Tim Burton has discovered that people would probably pay to go see Johnny Depp pick his nose. He's not the only interesting/quirky actor out there. Brad Pitt is capable of such goofiness. Willem Dafoe. Sam Rockwell... Sacha Baron Cohen.. (okay, so there's not necessarily a whole lot of other people who can do it, heh, but you get the idea.)

Edit:

Originally posted by Kazenji
Yeah not 'in-depth'....erm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_II_(manga)

Try to lighten up a little, Kazenj. You'll enjoy life more. wink

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Mar 24th, 2012 at 03:05 AM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2012 03:02 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcplumbing

The more important question is whether Halo: The Movie: The Game will be released.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 01:40 PM
Jcplumbing is currently offline Click here to Send Jcplumbing a Private Message Find more posts by Jcplumbing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

A new book coming out puts more of the blame on Microsoft and their demands, actually.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/wh...ews&_r=true

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 05:22 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech

Nice find, rider. I never have been a fan of the game, so I'm probably not going to cry too hard that it'll never get a film adaptation, but that footage was kind of cool. It did have a similar feel to District 9.

My friend said the Halo books are really good.. was the movie going to follow the books or the game?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 02:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harry1233

its really good movie

Old Post May 12th, 2012 02:49 AM
harry1233 is currently offline Click here to Send harry1233 a Private Message Find more posts by harry1233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote