KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » German movies

German movies
Started by: smilingwisdom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
smilingwisdom

Tongue German movies

Hi,
is there anybody who cares for German movies. I am from Germany, and in case nobody was aware, we Germans have two gifts. A) producing the biggest crap ever to hit theatre B) to produce serious and great movies, especially when they deal with history. In terms of drama, I sometimes feel a lot of American directors ought to watch a German movie now and then. In terms of comedies, well, we´re learning. We don´t do dance movies. Horror movies, okay, I´d recommend "Anatomie".
I just wondered what you guys know about German movies, which of them you´ve seen. Just out of curiosity.
have a nice day wink

Old Post May 16th, 2007 03:26 PM
smilingwisdom is currently offline Click here to Send smilingwisdom a Private Message Find more posts by smilingwisdom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: German movies

I love Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski. My favorite being 'Aguirre Wrath of God". His interpretation of Nosferatu was pretty awesome too. Besides Herzog, I havent found any other German director I like, any recomendations?

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post May 16th, 2007 05:12 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I watched Das Boot, Das Experiment, Lola rennt, Der Untergang, Good Bye Lenin! and Das Leben der Anderen.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post May 16th, 2007 08:02 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Requiem is a fantastic German film, came out last year I think. I enjoyed The Edukators a lot too.

Aimee and Jaguar is another favourite of mine. As are all the others mentioned in this topic, except Anatomy.

Princess and the Warrior, from the director of Run Lola Run.

Also M is a must watch!

Old Post May 17th, 2007 04:40 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smilingwisdom

GOOD. I am relieved, that you guys know German movies. Relieved as can be. Yeah, I heard Requiem is good, never got the chance to see it though. I love 4 Minuten. It´s real, not Hollywood. Same with EMMAS GLÜCk.
But thanks for answering to my thread.

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 09:30 AM
smilingwisdom is currently offline Click here to Send smilingwisdom a Private Message Find more posts by smilingwisdom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yes by seeing german movies you are right about those gifts!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 24th, 2007 11:26 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote