KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » CW, PLEASE Don't Ruin Smallville!!!

CW, PLEASE Don't Ruin Smallville!!!
Started by: TrueLoveBelieve

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TrueLoveBelieve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love CW, PLEASE Don't Ruin Smallville!!!

I truly love this show. Well, mainly I love the relationship between Clark and Lana. Without it, there is NO show. Period.
But I have been disappointed with season six, for many reasons.
We all knew at some point they were going to get away from the whole relationship thing, away from being a comic book version of Dawson's Creek, and focus more on the whole Superman thing.
But, IMO, that will do them in. The Superman thing is, and really always has been, secondary in this show's success. And now that they are focusing on it SOOO much, it's losing its luster. And Fast.

The producers have taken out most of the serious scenes between characters. They've gotten away from the character building. They've taken out the connections to todays world like actual music, and relating the characters and certain storylines components to those of the viewer. And instead, they decided it was time to jump in the deep end and go full comic book on us.

This show was bound to end soon anyway, but I was hoping it would go out with a bang, with quaility, and maybe even a big screen movie.
Instead, if they aren't careful, if they get too far away from what made this show big, they'll go out with a fizzle.

Let's hope not.

And oh yeah, damn Krysten is hot. GOD I hope she goes on to make movies after this.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 01:59 AM
TrueLoveBelieve is currently offline Click here to Send TrueLoveBelieve a Private Message Find more posts by TrueLoveBelieve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

You spelled Kristin wrong.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 02:04 AM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TrueLoveBelieve

Well, mainly I love the relationship between Clark and Lana. Without it, there is NO show. Period.

Oh Yay for shippers.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 02:05 AM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seppeh

Uh oh the spelling police is out.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 02:05 AM
seppeh is currently offline Click here to Send seppeh a Private Message Find more posts by seppeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrueLoveBelieve
Restricted

Account Restricted

I KNOW KNOW!!! SHE JUST GETS ME TOO EXCITED DAMMIT!

Old Post May 18th, 2007 02:07 AM
TrueLoveBelieve is currently offline Click here to Send TrueLoveBelieve a Private Message Find more posts by TrueLoveBelieve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Re: CW, PLEASE Don't Ruin Smallville!!!

I truly love this show. Well, mainly I love the relationship between Clark and Lana. Without it, there is NO show. Period.

Without it, maybe I would actually start caring again. no expression

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 03:04 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The WB messed up Smallville a long time ago.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 18th, 2007 10:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I think Clark is going to learn how to fly in the next season. His Bizzaro flies and I think the only way he can truely match this guy is if he learns to fly.

Also, it wasn't Lex who staged the bomb in the car. You all saw the truck passing by when she was getting in the car. As soon as the truck passed by, it blew up. Lana is still alive. She took a ride on the truck and blew up the car to make it look like she died so that would keep Lionel off he trailer and she could frame Lex for it to send him to jail. It all makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, the person who is dieing this season is Chloe. My second favorite character in the show.

sad

Dammit...

PWNT

Old Post May 18th, 2007 11:55 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Zod flew, Clark didnt learn then. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 12:29 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I think Clark is going to learn how to fly in the next season. His Bizzaro flies and I think the only way he can truely match this guy is if he learns to fly.

Also, it wasn't Lex who staged the bomb in the car. You all saw the truck passing by when she was getting in the car. As soon as the truck passed by, it blew up. Lana is still alive. She took a ride on the truck and blew up the car to make it look like she died so that would keep Lionel off he trailer and she could frame Lex for it to send him to jail. It all makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, the person who is dieing this season is Chloe. My second favorite character in the show.

sad

Dammit...

Chloe didnt die, MM can still save her or she just needs to charge back up. Lana didnt go with the truck she went through the bottom of the truck.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:04 AM
Darkchoco is currently offline Click here to Send Darkchoco a Private Message Find more posts by Darkchoco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Darkchoco
Chloe didnt die, MM can still save her or she just needs to charge back up. Lana didnt go with the truck she went through the bottom of the truck.

But it said one person died. Its either Lionel, Chloe, or Lana. If its not Lana or Chloe, that leaves Lionel which still sucks since we all found out that he really is a good guy now and does try to help clark.

PWNT

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:43 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I believe it was said that a "fan favorite" would die. I dont think Lionel or Lana fall in that category. Chloe is gone! sad

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 05:07 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I believe it was said that a "fan favorite" would die. I dont think Lionel or Lana fall in that category. Chloe is gone! sad

Lionel is a favorite of mine...

PWNT

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:06 PM
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

Technically, Lois died, But Chloe healed her. That could count. ha ha.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 02:53 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by AstroFan
Zod flew, Clark didnt learn then. lol

Ya, but Bizzaro is his complete opposite. It only makes sense that they match up in everything in their final fight.

PWNT

Old Post May 19th, 2007 06:23 PM
Amazon

quote:

You must be from bizarro land LOL

quote:
The Superman thing is, and really always has been, secondary in this show's success. And now that they are focusing on it SOOO much, it's losing its luster. And Fast

I disagree. The whole point of the show is to find out how he became superman. If the show never progresses towards that then there was no point in makeing smallville in the first place.

quote:
The producers have taken out most of the serious scenes between characters. They've gotten away from the character building. They've taken out the connections to todays world like actual music, and relating the characters and certain storylines components to those of the viewer. And instead, they decided it was time to jump in the deep end and go full comic book on us.

They don't need to do character building as much in this shows plot anymore. They've done it for 5 years. The characters are all grown up... and still I think they are still developing the characters. Lex has become more evil. Lionel has become more kind. Lana has become more devious. They are delving more into Chloe's emotional past. Clark is coming more into his own, and getting more angry instead of always making excuses for the bad buy.
As for the comic book part of everything... The episode "Justice" was one of the most popular episodes they've ever made. Every episode with any justic leaguer in it gets high ratings. It just shows that people are into the comic book part of it. If they kept with the songs and modern day referrences it would stay a teen soap opera, when it has potential to go much farther than that.
quote:
And oh yeah, damn Krysten is hot. GOD I hope she goes on to make movies after this.
Meh, she's ok.

Last edited by Amazon on May 19th, 2007 at 06:39 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2007 06:35 PM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Chloe's too much of an important character. Believe me, they haven't killed her off.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 11:00 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkchoco
The Man of Steel

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Chloe's too much of an important character. Believe me, they haven't killed her off.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Chloe and Lana are NOT dead.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 04:06 AM
TrueLoveBelieve
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Amazon
You must be from bizarro land LOL

I disagree. The whole point of the show is to find out how he became superman. If the show never progresses towards that then there was no point in makeing smallville in the first place.

They don't need to do character building as much in this shows plot anymore. They've done it for 5 years. The characters are all grown up... and still I think they are still developing the characters. Lex has become more evil. Lionel has become more kind. Lana has become more devious. They are delving more into Chloe's emotional past. Clark is coming more into his own, and getting more angry instead of always making excuses for the bad buy.
As for the comic book part of everything... The episode "Justice" was one of the most popular episodes they've ever made. Every episode with any justic leaguer in it gets high ratings. It just shows that people are into the comic book part of it. If they kept with the songs and modern day referrences it would stay a teen soap opera, when it has potential to go much farther than that.
Meh, she's ok.

We all have our opinions don't we. The ORIGINAL point of the show was to make a show about how he became superman, but as the show evolved, that became secondary. The relationships between the characters, especially Clark and Lana, stole the show...and became the show. Just go back to the first few seasons.....the last 5 minutes of almost every show centered around some discussion between Clark and Lana. The producers, whether they planned it or not, found a special, believable chemistry between those two actors...and THAT is why the show had such a great run of strong ratings...NOT because of superman. To ignore it now...to abandon what they built....is suicide.

Old Post May 20th, 2007 11:41 PM
Amazon

We all have our opinions don't we. The ORIGINAL point of the show was to make a show about how he became superman, but as the show evolved, that became secondary. The relationships between the characters, especially Clark and Lana, stole the show...and became the show. Just go back to the first few seasons.....the last 5 minutes of almost every show centered around some discussion between Clark and Lana. The producers, whether they planned it or not, found a special, believable chemistry between those two actors...and THAT is why the show had such a great run of strong ratings...NOT because of superman. To ignore it now...to abandon what they built....is suicide.

The show is how Clark Kent became superman.. it's always been about that. For example... Clark and Lana's relationship ending with Lana marrying Lex. Which means Lex betrayed Clark, thus increasing thier fued with one another. And we all know that Lex and Clark become enemies. This is a powerful way to show how they became enemies. They wouldn't nearly hate eachother so much if it wasn't thier mutual love for Lana. Which does have to do with the growth of Clark into superman.
I don't think it's suicide at all. I think it's suicide to stay the same way. To stay the same and not grow as a show will only leave them behind when something better comes a long... Like a Justice league show or somthing like that.
Just my opinon. As you said, we all have them wink

Old Post May 21st, 2007 12:12 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote