KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Best American Cartoon.

Best American Cartoon.
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

Best American Cartoon.

What's your opinion?

Old Post May 20th, 2007 02:21 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misskraidridley

Justice League:

I like this show alot because I'm a huge fan of the original superheroes in their original settings. (think early superheroes, like around 1940-60 or so.^_^) I'm also a huge fan of their original morals and beliefs. (There are of course a few exceptions). The show keeps the chracters inline with that quite well, though every now and then you can see a deviation. The art is great, its simple, but detailed enough to look really good. The action is spectacular and even though some of the heroes have been toned down a little in ways of powers or personality they're still quite true to the original. The plot lines flow well and move quickly, but not to quickly, and the authors/ artists are creative and introduce new badguys as well as keeping the old ones in buisness. The show is not overtly evolutionist, or Anti-God, which I appreciate greatly. The authors also do a spectacular job of putting in a nice plot twist every now and then to keep you guessing. Its nice that they don't try to be too predictable in cause and events and so forth. The shows are also very audience involving. Who doesn't like to see good triumph over evil?? So anyway thats why I like justice league.^_^ now about those other 9 shows...

Old school Disney beats out any new Disney toons any day. Mickey and Goofy kicks Brandy and Mr. Whiskers you know what along with all those other crummy programs Disney's been pumping out over the last decade.

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 02:52 AM
misskraidridley is currently offline Click here to Send misskraidridley a Private Message Find more posts by misskraidridley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

South Park. Absolutely hands down.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post May 22nd, 2007 03:32 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thundercats was a favourite of mine when I was younger that we got over here.

Old Post May 29th, 2007 04:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

The Simpsons. Most obvious answer sure, but 10 consecutive seasons of the best writing on television period, not to mention that even the later, less outstanding seasons (in my view season 11 onwards) are better than 90% of everything else on TV.

Aside from the yellow guys though, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy are all up there. And for non-comedy, I think the original X-Men cartoon series was one of the best, if not the best. Very dark and actually dared to deal with serious issues such as racism, religion and terrorism. Also the best on screen comic book adaptation of any kind.

Old Post May 29th, 2007 08:25 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Venture Bros.

Nuff' Said

... although Home Movies was pretty awsome too.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 30th, 2007 03:36 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deathblow
The Simpsons. Most obvious answer sure, but 10 consecutive seasons of the best writing on television period, not to mention that even the later, less outstanding seasons (in my view season 11 onwards) are better than 90% of everything else on TV.

Aside from the yellow guys though, Futurama, South Park, Family Guy are all up there. And for non-comedy, I think the original X-Men cartoon series was one of the best, if not the best. Very dark and actually dared to deal with serious issues such as racism, religion and terrorism. Also the best on screen comic book adaptation of any kind.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Also, no one mentioned Ren & Stimpy or the original Looney Tunes. WTF is wrong with you people!?

Old Post May 30th, 2007 08:20 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Good call on Looney Tunes.

I loved the x-men cartoon (I use to have the theme song as a ringtone) but always thought that Batman:TAS was just as good, if not better.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 02:19 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Originally posted by Kram3r
the original Looney Tunes. WTF is wrong with you people!?

Good gravy, you're quite right. Bugs, Daffy and especially Wiley E. Coyote are comic perfection.

Originally posted by wuTa
I loved the x-men cartoon (I use to have the theme song as a ringtone) but always thought that Batman:TAS was just as good, if not better.

Not better, but certainly a very good adaptation, and even darker than X-Men. I'm not a huge fan of Batman as a character so I never liked it as much, though. I had the theme song as a ringtone too, in between TMNT and Inspector Gadget, how geeky are we.

Old Post May 30th, 2007 08:11 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Not better, but certainly a very good adaptation, and even darker than X-Men. I'm not a huge fan of Batman as a character so I never liked it as much, though. I had the theme song as a ringtone too, in between TMNT and Inspector Gadget, how geeky are we.

We're awesomely Geekalicious smokin'

Last edited by wuTa on Jun 2nd, 2007 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 04:06 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Honestly? Either Futurama or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Both shows are really clever, and have amazing one liners.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2007 09:44 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Yes the Simpons is the best!jm eek!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2007 02:38 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Comedy: Futurama

Non-Comedy: Phantom 2040

Old Post Jun 4th, 2007 12:14 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terror of Death
Haseo

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) has absolutely no equal. It has the best fight scenes.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 10:17 PM
Terror of Death is currently offline Click here to Send Terror of Death a Private Message Find more posts by Terror of Death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

spawn, exosquad, simpsons, and futurama

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 11:00 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyranno-Chris
HI! My Name Is!

Spongebob Squarepants, that show is awesome. smile

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:59 AM
Tyranno-Chris is currently offline Click here to Send Tyranno-Chris a Private Message Find more posts by Tyranno-Chris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

The Simpsons, closely followed by Futurama.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 05:56 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

X-Men, followed by Samurai Jack.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 06:07 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Terror of Death
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) has absolutely no equal. It has the best fight scenes.
I'd have to agree with this even though Fast Forward sucks. That or JLU.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 04:14 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Batman the animated series had quite a few mature episodes. The artwork and sound was always top notch on that show.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 12:14 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote