KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Best American Cartoon.

Best American Cartoon.
Started by: King Kandy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dave_97
Party Dave

quote: (post)
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Comedies like South Park, Simpsons, and Futurama are kind of a given imo. I've personally lost interest in Family Guy, but there are moments from it that I still like.

I liked some of the DCAU shows. Batman of course, and JL was pretty good (I never saw much of Justice League Unlimited though was it good/better than JL or not?). If I had to pick a least favorite(s), it'd have to be either Superman (this was even before I came to hate Superman) and/or Batman Beyond, though Return of the Joker was okay, especially [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Joker's last line in the Uncut's flashback scene before he dies: "That's not funny...".

Samurai Jack was one of the best things to come out of Cartoon Network since Johnny Bravo.

Now, ReBoot; That wasn't American-made, was it? IIRC it was produced in Canada...but it's still a personal favorite.

Spongebob is the antichrist. I still love "CHOCOLATE!!!" and all, but I stand by my statement.
reboot was indeed canadian.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:48 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zslick

comedy: would have to admit south park
non comedy: x-men

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 09:22 PM
zslick is currently offline Click here to Send zslick a Private Message Find more posts by zslick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manly man

When it comes to historical/cultural references, and just the rather sophisticated wisecracks that they'd make about them without sounding particularly racist, I'd have to say it's a tie between The Animaniacs and Pinky and The Brain. And for just references, Scooby Doo, Where Are You! is my fave. Seriously, who hides dog treats from the police?

For badass characters, it goes to Samurai Jack. I know he's been mentioned over and over in here, but it just goes to show that he is, indeed, among the greatest.

When it comes to mutant creatures running amok and a small group of them tries to save the world, I've tied between TMNT(because it was the one that started this whole genre), and Street Sharks(because their mode of travel was kickass and the leader had a gun hidden in a pool cue. Not much cooler than that).

And when it goes for musical cartoons, I've got a draw between Metalocalype and Jem and The Holograms. I actually can't decide between thsoe two, sadly enough; Metalocalypse is an extreme, badass show that is full of blood, gore, guts, entrails, and stupidity, and the knot is tied on this package with a brutal ribbon of metal. As for Jem, there was the music, the consistent rivalry and storyline, and it was more sophistiated than the mere child's show it was originally intended to be. That, and I'd bet that if you listen well enough, there'd be a ton and a half of lesbian subtext.

I mean, you can't really say what cartoon is the best one of all; you have to go and divide them, really. There's just too many ways one can beat another and lose to the next. It would take way too much time to make a real decision on this sort of thing.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 06:43 AM
manly man is currently offline Click here to Send manly man a Private Message Find more posts by manly man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

The Simpsons.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2009 11:26 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Captain Planet

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 01:34 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Originally posted by Robtard
Captain Planet

(please log in to view the image)

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 03:32 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I want to be as drunk as that guy so badly.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 06:22 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

Anybody remember this show?

Beast Wars Transformers was top f*cking shelf. Definately one of my favorite American cartoons. Classic characters and storylines.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 03:44 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Batman the animated series had quite a few mature episodes. The artwork and sound was always top notch on that show.

agreed,i would have to say thats the best cartoon ever.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2010 04:30 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God

Batman: The Animated Series (90's)
Spider-Man: The Animated Series (90's)
X-Men (90's)

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 04:15 PM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
. Hitosu Moriko
Restricted

Account Restricted

(reported)

im not a quitter

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 02:58 AM
. Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send . Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by . Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Bruce Timm Cartoons
South Park
The Simpsons
Looney Tunes
Transformers
Spectacular Spider-Man

Old Post Mar 10th, 2010 09:32 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dhajack

Minerva is the best american cartoon.I get more details. i need latest cartoons.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2010 01:26 PM
dhajack is currently offline Click here to Send dhajack a Private Message Find more posts by dhajack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post May 8th, 2010 04:22 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedc53

There are lots of American Cartoon.I like most The Simpsons.I have seen also Thundercats,Dungeons & Dragons,Muppet Babies and Duck Tales.

Old Post May 21st, 2010 02:56 AM
jedc53 is currently offline Click here to Send jedc53 a Private Message Find more posts by jedc53 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elok Quintly
Sidious Worshipper

Originally posted by Blinky
Anybody remember this show?

Beast Wars Transformers was top f*cking shelf. Definately one of my favorite American cartoons. Classic characters and storylines.

I raise you Beast Machines.

Mass Transformer genocide for the win.

Old Post May 22nd, 2010 08:52 PM
Elok Quintly is currently offline Click here to Send Elok Quintly a Private Message Find more posts by Elok Quintly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Justice League/Unlimited (and all the DCAU shows that preceded it)
Hey Arnold
Doug
Dexter's Lab
X-Men: Evolution
The Tick
Samurai Jack
Spiderman
Street Sharks
Futurama
Double Dragon
Beast Wars
Biker Mice from Mars
Ahh real monsters
Rocko's modern life
Angry Beavers
Daria
Undergrads
Venture Brothers
Boondocks

Last edited by marwash22 on May 23rd, 2010 at 01:40 PM

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 01:30 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

there was one about King Arthur where animals came outta their shields, that show was pretty kick-ass.

Old Post May 23rd, 2010 01:32 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alexander10
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom and Jerry .I thing it is a one of best show not of children but every aged person.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 08:07 AM
alexander10 is currently offline Click here to Send alexander10 a Private Message Find more posts by alexander10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Originally posted by ankur29
when this was stated, everyone should have agreed and this thread should have been complete.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:52 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote