KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Should there actually be a "KMC Toilet"?

Should there be a seperate forum for completely pointless threads?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 6 35.29%
No 11 64.71%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should there actually be a "KMC Toilet"?
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Is PVS a sexual Predator?"

My favourite thread

Old Post May 30th, 2007 11:39 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

shut up before i rape your open and willing hole

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post May 30th, 2007 11:55 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Can it be rape if it's a willing hole?

Hmmmmm?

Old Post May 31st, 2007 12:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

he's not willing, but his forever starving hole craves my manhood. and i will not disappoint it. no i wont.

think "romance novel"

Old Post May 31st, 2007 02:37 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who said I was unwilling?

Old Post May 31st, 2007 02:42 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

*goes flacid*

gee thanks alot

Old Post May 31st, 2007 12:58 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad

I'll try to be a bit more unwilling in the future, then.

*Clenches hole*

Old Post May 31st, 2007 02:22 PM
Syren
dreaming

laughing

Oh, gross.

If there's never going to be an extension of the OTF to hold the completely shit threads, then can't the GDF be a little more relaxed to compensate?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 11:08 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

relaxed? i think it should be more discriminating. like all these "ZOMG THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!1 DEAD BABIES RAPED AND PUPPIES STOMPED!!11" rabble threads with no room for debate so everyone can say "my heart goes out to..." and "i will pray for..." etc. those imo belong in the OTF.'

now lets make love

Old Post Jun 1st, 2007 01:18 PM
Hazardous

This thread popped into my head cause I had no idea if I should post a new thread in the GDF or OTF...so Ill post while Im here..

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
We did actually used to have a more-OTF-than-the-OTF area. Tried that and failed.

I think that's why it failed, you already had an OTF that everyone was used to, so they really had no reason to move to the newer OTF forum. Also, cleaning up the OTF is a task not worth wasting time on.

Nope, it's the dustbin and it stays so- simple and pure.

I disagree with this statement. There are many threads that should go to the OTF, purely because they dont belong in any other forum but get lost under the rubbish. Example:

Originally posted by Spidervlad
concerning your pet's health

Made in the GDF, it would be lost under all the thought provoking, discussion/debating threads. Moved to OTF, it would get lost under all the nonsense threads. The topic is still legit but it gets pulled under the 'forum toilet' label people like to use for some reason. Despite the amount of shit in there, not all threads are shit. 'Pet's Health' is obviously not as useless as 'Do you wank with your left or right hand?'.

Also, side note, a few useless threads get moved into the OTF as if its a bin.
Duplicate threads like these (not specifically these ones) made in the GDF:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459310.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459008.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459106.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t459107.html

Instead of being merged and kept in the GDF, they get tossed over to the OTF....why? They arent going to generate any more discussion, they're as much a waste of space in the OTF as the GDF, so merge and keep in the right forum or close them.

Originally posted by Schecter
i know the otf is referred to as just that, but i think that there should be a seperate "KMC Toilet" where the completely useless threads go. i mean, what keeps me away from the OTF is the massive amounts of pure crap threads with no point whatsoever. so when you post an off topic thread, it zooms to page 6 at light speed. so i propose a seperate forum for people to post brain farts till their hearts' content.

what do you all think?

In response to this, I dont think a new Junk forum should be made. Instead, I think a new 'Legit Thread' forum should be made (but with a snazzier name raver )

the OTF was never meant as a place of social interaction

The OTF can stay as the OTF with all the nonsense threads, but rename it to something like an offical Social Forum (seeing as thats basically what it is now), so it clearly indicates what the threads will be. All those 'on topic yet still off topic' threads like 'Last Time You Had Sex' or 'Rate the Sig' threads can stay in the Social Forum, while the 'on topic yet not quite GDF/OTF worthy' threads like 'Pet's Health' etc can be made into the newer forum. It would be much easier to keep clean than trying to sort out the OTF in its current state.

The OTFers are happy cause their forum hasnt been renovated, the GDFers are happy cause all those 'non debate worthy but still legit' threads finally have a place to go, and the people complaining about having nowhere to post their relevant threads can post without worrying about it getting buried.

Long post

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 03:37 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's such a fine and opinionated distinction about what would go where in the system you propose that it is really not worth it, and then all three would end up with people trying to use it socially.

Creating yet another area is really not the answer to any issues.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 08:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

How about warn all the people in the "Off Topic Forum" that anything completely relevant and without an idea should go to the "Social Forum" and punish anyone who does the opposite the same way you would if you post a pokemon thread in the Star Wars forum. You just need to regulate the rules, and soon people would get used to it and use the forums correctly. It would only recquire for a new collection of moderators for both forums in order to regulate the rules there more strictly.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:34 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Attempting to enforce mod rules like that on the OTF is a recipe for disaster. There is a reason it is a mod-light zone.

Like I saym, the OTF already became a social place by its own momentum. Trying to alter the dynamic is like trying to hold back the tide.

Opening up a dedicated 'social area' and trying to distinguish it from the OTF would be a disaster.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 06:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stella Artois
Restricted

Account Restricted

What?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2011 10:50 PM
Stella Artois is currently offline Click here to Send Stella Artois a Private Message Find more posts by Stella Artois Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

Originally posted by Schecter
i know the otf is referred to as just that, but i think that there should be a seperate "KMC Toilet" where the completely useless threads go. i mean, what keeps me away from the OTF is the massive amounts of pure crap threads with no point whatsoever. so when you post an off topic thread, it zooms to page 6 at light speed. so i propose a seperate forum for people to post brain farts till their hearts' content.

what do you all think?

been there seen that

There was a subforum of OTF. It was called... *thinks* "Tired-Hiker's pad " or something..

and it had more or less a lot of nonsense threads.

It was merged back with otf later on...

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jan 11th, 2013 09:26 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote