KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » He-Man Returns to the Big Screen

He-Man Returns to the Big Screen
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kinasin
Restricted

Account Restricted

another fan trailer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2010 01:16 PM
Kinasin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinasin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinasin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alex4u

I really want to see He man on the big screen.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 09:56 AM
alex4u is currently offline Click here to Send alex4u a Private Message Find more posts by alex4u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by alex4u
I really want to see He man on the big screen.

He-Man is silly and has been made redundant by the success of THOR.

In essence, Masters Of The Universe is a roundabout rip off of THOR anyway. The 1987 movie patterned itself after DC Comics New Gods series, and the New Gods were created by Jack Kirby as an attempt to do Marvel's THOR in a purely science fiction setting, with many of the characters getting different names.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 15th, 2011 03:18 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
He-Man is silly and has been made redundant by the success of THOR.

In essence, Masters Of The Universe is a roundabout rip off of THOR anyway. The 1987 movie patterned itself after DC Comics New Gods series, and the New Gods were created by Jack Kirby as an attempt to do Marvel's THOR in a purely science fiction setting, with many of the characters getting different names.

Didn't know that, cool.

I wouldn't say He-Man is redundant though, he has his own line of supporting characters, he has a transformation whereas Thor doesn't, he can't fly or use any elemental powers. His look is completely different to Thor. His abilities are obviously sword based, although the '87 movie had him firing lasers which really suited what they did with that particular movie.

We still haven't seen the transformation angle or Cringer/Battlecat not to mention a whole host of other characters/concepts that weren't given an outing.

The '87 movie by itself did a lot of things right really (which is why I think a re-make hasn't happened yet), Lundgren's look and presence in the role, having 'He-Man' there at the outset, giving a more techy feel to the universe (the cosmic key, lasers), believable Man-At-Arms and Teela, Evil Lynn being sufficiently creepy, The Beastman, Sorceress and the amazing portrayal of Skeletor-no one will top Langella's performance.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2011 04:45 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victory-prime

i hope they'll do it right, this time.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2011 01:02 AM
Victory-prime is currently offline Click here to Send Victory-prime a Private Message Find more posts by Victory-prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Update

Jon M. Chu In "Masters Of The Universe" Talks

Jon M. Chu is in talks to helm Masters Of The Universe, a live-action film based on the signature Mattel toy line that is in high gear at Sony Pictures and Escape Artists.

Talks are just getting underway with Chu, who is in the middle of a 3D conversion on G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and is preparing to shoot a couple of new scenes for the film, which was pushed to a March 29, 2013 release by Paramount. The Masters film revolves around He-Man, a prince who transforms into a warrior and becomes the last hope for a magical world that has been ravaged by the sinister Skeletor.

Escape Artists sparked to a strong script turned in by the writing team of Alex Litvak and Mike Finch. Litvak scripted The Three Musketeers and Five Against a Bullet, and Finch scripted Exclusively Yours. The scribes developed the script under the title Grayskull, but it has gone back to the Mattel brand.

Escape Artists’ partners Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing. Chu is repped by WME and Principato-Young.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 08:12 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Update

Have little hope that this will be good(see: GI Joe), but am looking forward to it cos it's He-Man.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 08:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FUEGO BEATS

That seems interesting but I am waiting for Thundercats. I have been waiting since I was like 8 lol. I hope they ont screw the movie up tho.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 09:38 PM
FUEGO BEATS is currently offline Click here to Send FUEGO BEATS a Private Message Find more posts by FUEGO BEATS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote